Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Fart Radio posted:

you hear so much about how much everyone liked him that was in there with him at the time. but that doesnt really say anything about his ability. he is pretty good now, however.

I think he left more because of DeMott reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

No Luck Needed posted:

I like the Miz in a heel way, I think he is good a bumping around a bit, the Big Show punch aside, and I always enjoy watching him loose

but I don't want WWE to fire the Miz 'cause he is good at what he does, big a heel

Toru Yano is a heel but is also terrible and I do not want to watch his matches

Toru Yano is a face like Eddie Guerrero at this point even when he faces mega faces like Tanahashi, Okada, and Nakamura. Like his heeling is mostly just to get laughs.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
she was so busy holding her head after that she botched taking a kneedrop

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
They don't think she is fat, they think she has an ugly face. In FCW they put her in a mask for that reason apparently.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Have any of the Lance Storm trainees graduated from NXT?

Emma, but she was dragged back because gimmick was weak.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

epitasis posted:

drew gulak has a terrible look

That's Timothy Thatcher

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Only good shirt in the bunch and you can't even buy it online it seems.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Hace posted:

Where were the replacement izzys, I want answers

Plans changed mate.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

oatgan posted:

she'll never be as over as blue pants

Give her Red Pants.

Also that Tucker Knight dude needs to be in a tag team with Bull Dempsey.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Bucks have been teased for a bit but I believe it when I see it if its really them.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Kana topples Nia Jax after Nia squashes Bayley.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

There was a Periscope that Gionna and Nhooph did that was really unwise. They were at home listening to music. The was rap music with lots of swearing and n-words but they would switch it off they would just change tracks to an even worse one. They did it five or six times. Get flustered, look at each other embarrassed and then one would change the track. It then just cut off.

This is pretty funny.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

Who gave Balor that hickie?

I'm probably reading too much into the post you're replying to, but are you hinting that Balor and Dana are a thing?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

"Just Youtube Kana"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9QVr3efrpo

Also Blue Pants can't run.

Alright I will!

oh. :nws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcFVSw68_UE

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Wonder if she'll wear boots in WWE

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Kana how ever when she started out legit kicked as hard as she could and knocked people out enough times that she was black balled from companies.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

spudsbuckley posted:

Crews has sort of wrestled the same match 4 times so far in NXT.

It's a solid match and all but i'm not getting the hype so far. He does seem really happy to be there, the evidence of which is him "ah-shucks"-ing his entrance every time he comes out.

I put that on him mostly winning matches that are just to showcase him.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
the nasty bump was apparently eva marie straight booting carmella in the head

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
They were fired during the big congratulations ceremony at TakeOver because they never improved in the ring.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

He's the replacement Mike Tyson from WWE 2K16.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

He apparently whiffed on his contract negotiations and is persona non grata

Weird because there were reports that he was out of his contract with TNA like 2 months ago along with Austin Aries.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

Had high hopes for the UK tryouts at the tapings today and tomorrow. But I've asked around and will continue to do so but on the male side all I know is nobody of note has one.

I assumed the big bearded dude was Damo but I think he's shorter

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
She's dating the one that didn't bleach his hair or put it in pigtails because she thinks that the ones that does looks dumb like that.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
From someone who didn't watch NXT London when everyone else did I gotta say that Emma vs Asuka and Balor vs Joe were both pretty amazing. Enzo/Cass vs Mechanics and Bayley vs Nia were pretty good, and Crews vs Corbin was kind of lacking. If I had to criticize anything its that the out of sync chants just to go and chant 10 was lame. I also think the singalong songs during the Bayley vs. Nia Jax match took away from it as they weren't really sang to get behind Bayley's comebacks/determination and just for the fun of it. In ring criticism would be the arm lock back and forth with Emma/Asuka going a bit long and eventually getting sloppy. Dawson standing there waiting for Big Cass to dump Dash onto him when they were just making a comeback was bad. Nia hitting the big pop up samoan drop then getting up to pin towards the hard came showed how green she is still when she could have just pinned her from where she was. The not pinning Bayley after reversing each choke was because she was in character too tired/couldn't breathe after each choke hold and not her being green. Over all pretty good show.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Astro7x posted:

I will say that it was awesome when Jax shut up the crowd's singing at one point by hitting a big move. Too bad she is too green to know to play to the crowd about that.

The other part was when she mocked Bayley's full body wave she does before a corner splash and got boos for it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Hace posted:

Word is that it was a NJPW decision

NJPW assumes that Nakamura's run in WWE won't be that long as they'll misuse him and he'll possibly be back sooner than later.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Also shes a heel now

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Pina Coladas posted:

I don't think that is Bull

some jobber named Tucker Knight

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Finn doing his best to entertain the crowd because the venue delayed the show on WWE.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

AMReese posted:

He has way too many credentials to his name to be thrown out so easily. A two-time All-American is not something you come by that often. Even Jack Swagger only had it once and he had a gimmick built around that.

Swayer's probably been through legit 100 different gimmicks and has been in developmental since 2012.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Phenix Rising posted:

So there was just the one match on the show this week, right? They kept talking about AA/Vaudevillians and Asuka and Bayley, but I didn't somehow miss them did I?

Asuka/Bayley is the Dallas show I believe and the AA/Vaudvillians is probably next week.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

He has had a few WWE tryouts in the UK. He was a rosebud once:

He has a quite a good job in education. He'd probably have to give a NXT contract offer some serious thought. Also why don't seem him do tours of US indies.

Was positive he was gonna do BOLA the year all the other British guys came over cuz he teased it on Twitter. Then I got sad.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Hey I'm working on a CWC thread and it should be posted later this night, just a heads up for anyone working on one as well.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

AMReese posted:

They didn't discuss Harv Shira v Drew Gulak, Noam Dar v Gurv Shira, Anthony Bennett v Tony Nese, Cedric Alexander v Clement Petiot, or Mustafa Ali v Lince Dorado. They were focusing only on the match-ups they found most interesting.

Does anyone know if those matches have the cool Vs. screens like all the others had?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
CWC thread posted. Talk about how the Cruiserweights are tired of Cruiserwaiting brother http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3782552

• Locked thread