Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
I can't imagine Breeze surviving his first month on the main roster without some sort of heavy or stable behind him. He'd debut on Raw and be in the Bo-Zone by Smackdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

dromal phrenia posted:

I hate baron Corbin and Dana Brooke and not in a heel way, in a "get the gently caress out" way.

I don't think I have ever seen someone on this forum admit to hating a wrestler in a heel way.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Is Big Cass getting more jacked every episode now?

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

rovert posted:

I think the fairy gimmick was probably a dead end for her. Yes she was injured a lot but the act wasn't gaining much traction/didn't interest NXT writer Ryan Ward. Now things are totally different obviously.

I'm sorry that the gimmick didn't work out. I can imagine that "wrestler Sailor Moon" could be an amazingly popular character with kids if they found the right person for it.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Wazzu posted:

I'm not sure what more you want than Bayley. Everyone loves her, including little girls - people don't necessarily want a literal fairy, they want a cute innocent girl trying her hardest.

It would be nice if little girls could maybe have more than one wrestler to like. If you have ever seen the fan art Becky Lynch gets of her steampunk mumford and sons costume from young kids (she posts a lot of it on instagram), you'd get how much people can latch onto fantasy concepts.

I'm not a girl but as a really little kid, who were my favorites? Undertaker, Papa Shango, and Hakushi (I thought Hakushi was amazing and didn't understand how a japanese angel lost all the time).

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

duyarvish posted:

Who is the person who decided we haven't seen enough Rhyno matches yet?

God, In Heaven.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
https://mobile.twitter.com/terrycrews/status/629369460697264128

One dude likes Uhaa's new name.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Alouicious posted:

Alexander Wolfe is just a straight up early 90s World of Darkness name

He's Desmond's brother.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Have any of the Lance Storm trainees graduated from NXT?

Emma, but she got sent back for remedial character work.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Is NXT gonna sign Noam Dar at some point?

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Fart Radio posted:

norman smiley is the true best diva

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

sticklefifer posted:

I want the official Blue Pants shirt pants. Shirt.

Is that the first time a non-contracted wrestler got official merch?

Joe's shirt came out before he signed.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Codependent Poster posted:

Canyon Cemen is a real name.

Nobody can complain about the NXT name generator again.

Blort Wilson and Wumble Lee Andersarg salute you.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Aww yeah, Eva Marie vs Carmella.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
They're going hardcore on Dawson and Wikder being the Nu Brainbusters, huh?

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Wembley's a no-brainer, seeing as though Davey Boy beat Bret there, there's some strong history to play into.

(I think it's a different building now but that doesn't matter because wrestling.)

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

abraham linksys posted:

I like that they've dropped most of the Irish stuff from Becky's character and instead replaced it with steampunk

It's the first time outside of that Key and Peele skit that steampunk has been not-terrible.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

AlmightyPants posted:

She's not the most muscular.

Ok, I'll bite. Who's more muscular?

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

checksin posted:

Full-Sail's Bol-locks *clap clap clapclapclap*

Get ready for "Eng-Land's Bull-poo poo" chants for the forseeable future and people throwing garbage at Regal and Neville.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

AlmightyPants posted:

How about The Delty Diva Becky Lynch? Or Charlotte?

Dana Brooke is a lot bigger than the other two, but all of them are in fantastic shape.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
My only issue with the "Divas" title is that it has no rhyme or reason for use aside from "On Screen Female Talent". They consider Jojo and Eden to be Divas despite being non-wrestlers.

They don't use the term "Superstars" the same way and the lack of symmetry drives me nuts.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Finn going heel would make sense if they revealed him as the man who took out Itami so that they can feud. Otherwise I don't see the point.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Shawn Cotureier posted:

I rewatched Takeover Brooklyn earlier, what is the deal with Blake and Murphy? I don't remember seeing them since shortly after that

They're basically Alexa's managers now.

To be fair, they did a promo with her doing her regular heel stuff with them silently goofing around and mugging for the camera in the background which was pretty hilarious.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Muddy Burphy posted:

Enzo, Cass, Carmella, Liv Morgan, and Daria from Tough Enough

Cass and Carmella are billed as from NY though.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Are WWE gonna have to pay royalties to 2 Unlimited for those chants if they happen at Takeover?

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
As a brit born in 83, I feel like I have to buy that.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Takeover was awesome but the one dude with the "Dirty Lee" sign stole the show for me.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
The idea of the paint is cool but he keeps doing the same one over and over which does suck.

The paint is also cool because when he eventually turns heel and stops wearing it, fans are gonna be pissssssssssssssed.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

AMReese posted:

He probably doesn't change it too much because of merchandising. They'd rather mass produce his look rather than come up with a new one with each iteration.

Then again, they may want to do it once he gets to the main roster. For now, though, I think they're trying to be more consistent.

That said, though... the Jack the Ripper look would have looked a lot better without the dreads.

I don't really get the idea of sticking to one look for merch reasons though. Wouldn't that just mean more merch you can sell? The Finn action figure coming with 6 possible paint styles in varying quanities and a super rare no-paint 7th style just makes there more merch to buy for kids and more stuff for collectors to track down, doesn't it?

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

That DICK! posted:

The paint works because he is a sexy man. Imagine someone like Bull trying to get that gimmick over

Help, we ran out of paint

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

AMReese posted:

This is the bad opinion of a bad person. Shun him.

Nah, he's right. The only okay acoustic guitars are nylon stringed.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

MacDougall posted:

This is a new opinion I have never seen before. Is it common?

It should be. Nylon guitars sound beautiful unlike steel string ones that are jattery and harsh and announce the presence of a hippie or a crust punk or some dude who likes Sublime.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Butthole Club

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Skinty McEdger posted:

Vince was asleep during the Tokyo show.

Ahahaha Vince doesn't sleep. WTF.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

DM Punk posted:

Does no one remember Samson wrestling Bull Dempsey on the NXT Takeover Brooklyn tapings?

I do. He's in the Tye Dillinger camp of "Oh forget that match, he's debuting NOW. Oh wait never mind that match either. NOW is the debut. Oh gently caress it. He's a jobber."

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

The_Rob posted:

Has Josh even had one match?

That one against Cesaro at the end of Tough Enough.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Jenny Angel posted:

They showed parts of two of his matches on Breaking Ground. The first was in the Performance Center and most of what I remember from it is that he'd say some goofy tough guy poo poo after hitting every spot like a week 1 Dana Brooke, and Dillinger advised him to not be so verbal - that lovely "I hate you just by looking at you" line. Then he had that match against Apollo where he took a weird dangerous spinout bump from a dropkick, and if I recall, Bloom and Pearce advised him afterwards that he could be more verbal in his matches.

That's pretty much every wrestling school though.

Vet advice: Do a thing
Teacher instruction: Do the exact opposite
Second teacher instruction: Do a completely different third thing

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Maybe they want Quack to teach them how to brainwash people into working for literal pennies

They could get literally any indie promoter for that.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

flatluigi posted:

So when are you debuting

Also is "Real Foxy" going to be your gimmick? Like some sort of sexy fox wrestler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I would imagine the talk they had with Lucha Underground recently involved this Cruiserweight deal.

I am just imagining that conversation

"Hey, can we use some of your dudes on a short time basis for our Cruiserweights show?"

"IDK, maybe. Can you stop trying to steal literally everyone on our roster?"

"LMAO No."

• Locked thread