Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

oatgan posted:

Over/under on pages before the thread devolves into an argument about rovert is 10.5 place your bets now

Under and I want a new avatar when I'm right.

I hope that the new expansion to a touring brand means an increased focus on the tag division. Chad Gable is a definitely help but they need more teams that actually do stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Eva looked like she was afraid of being in the ring. I was ready to give her credit for improvement, but she moved so gingerly and everything was so slow. You can't walk into a Sliced Bread #2 and expect it to look anything but terrible. Props to THE Brian Kendrick for getting her to the point where she can take bumps and at least do some moves, but there is still a lot of work to be done.

Also, Finn in a suit is always a highlight and he should appear every week in one.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Eltoasto posted:

Yeah. I mean she was JUST signed and immediately showed up on tv. Even if it's as a jobber, to me it means that they really like her. Both the Aussie ladies they brought in are solid.

She also got in more offense than most jobbers and it really stood out for how unique it was. I'm guessing the Aussie's will move up the card quickly to fill the void left by the Horsewomen moving to Raw.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

DM Punk posted:

Even when Eva was walking to the ring, she literally showed no emotion. She was protraying any character or anything. Its like someone told her "pretend you're an emotionless robot."

I remember her first NXT match vs Bayley and she had a cooler entrance.

Eva has had the most drama of anyone on Total Divas including family members with cancer, a wedding, and a leaking boob and her voice did not change levels once when going through any of those things. She might actually be a poorly functioning robot.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

sticklefifer posted:

One thing she really needs is to stop even remotely trying to be a face.

She was trying to heel it up with her bad mannerisms but she's completely incapable of conveying human traits.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Atticus Finch posted:

I mean yeah she's bad but some of these posts seem to forget that NXT is developmental.

There are plenty of people in developmental who aren't on TV

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Holland Oats posted:

I've been watching a lot of Lucha Underground lately and am I wrong in thinking that Angelico would be a massive, massive star for the WWE?

Yeah because his name isn't John Cena

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

sticklefifer posted:

I still think Breeze and Fandango could be an amazing tag team. Of course the key would be getting a push and not languishing in the midcard, but they've got the combined talent and charisma to put on some really fun matches.

I'm down with this if they are named Pretty Weird and their finisher is called Last Tango in Cutesville

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

WWE heard my cries for a deeper tag division in NXT!

The 3D Codebreaker and Grand Amplitude are such good tag finishers and I look forward to a whole crop of serious contenders. The main event was really good for establishing the Vaudevillains as more than just a comedy team too.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Yuriy posted:

Watch some old Bam Bam matches and watch how quickly he moves for a fat guy

Bray is poo poo in comparison

I like the Russian (?) guy, he is very muscular and big

Whatever happened to Kozlov

Bray is fast as gently caress and throws his weight around to make his offense look brutal.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Mods, please close the thread and give me a new avatar of my choosing because I correctly placed the under bet on page 1.

Also, complaining that a wrestling match was put together to make people cheer someone is flat out insane. gently caress Steve Austin for drinking beers and doing stunners because those actions were just written so get people to cheer him. I think he also said something good about Sara Del Rey one time.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Dias posted:

Let's talk about happy things, like the ignore feature on these forums; Chad Gable being awesome and having a tag finisher named after something in an RPG. I'm pretty sure Grand Amplitude is a Double Tech.

Grand amplitude is an amateur wrestling term for a throw that gives you a fall by virtue of being so awesome.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Ribsauce posted:

Bayley and Dolph Ziggler are the two wrestlers I least understand why everyone (on the internet) loves them. I just don't get it.

Bayley's gear has dinosaurs and robots. What's not to understand?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Giving a headband to a kid in the crowd was a genius idea. Think of how many Bret Hart packages feature him giving away the sunglasses. They've got the version of that for little girls and Bayley could make some real merch money on headbands because they won't be very expensive relative to the rest of the merch and everyone will want one. I want one dammit.

Bayley is also good in the ring, especially now that she's got a bit of an edge to her comeback.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

DM Punk posted:

If Sami gets injured again after he comes back, I really wonder how much WWE will push him, if at all.

Also, WWE is really missing out on a Barbie/Divas crossover toy line. Seems pretty obvious that they could make some serious money from little girls.

Toy companies make the gender bullshit of wrestling look like small pennies. The Avengers made a billion loving dollars and the toy companies insisted that the money was from BOYS ONLY

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Enzo and Cass are probably getting called up soon so they don't want the straps on them.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

sticklefifer posted:

I'm not wild about the name Apollo Crews, mainly because it's not especially chantable (unless they go for A-POLL-O) where Uhaa really is, and also because Samoa Joe got to keep his. But I guess I wasn't too big on a lot of the names they've given people in the last few years and they grew on me too. I'll give it time.

At least he seems to be keeping the MX pose and his finisher.

Toohaa Easy

Joe likely kept his because of where he is at in his career. He's winding down at this point and he will likely never see the main roster, so there is little risk in letting him have his name on WWE programming. Uhaa is young and they don't want him building up his name then taking it elsewhere with him.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

MacDougall posted:

Apollo on it's own is actually a good name and I'm surprised a WWE wrestler hasn't used it before.

I look forward to the main roster debut of Crews.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

New Uhaa Combination: Crews missile dropkick followed by the Apolloverdrive

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Bayley Girl, the chubby kid who is like NXT #1 fan, and Tie Dye Guy are the only good fans in Full Sail. The rest can gently caress off and die.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

JT Smiley posted:

Why does it matter to those of us watching at home?

Rovert does not seem to view himself as a wrestling fan but more of a citizen journalist.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

minoru suzuki posted:

nice try with that strawman but the issue taken with your post is the inherent sexism hidden behind the veil of "wrestling is a cosmetic business" point you're pretending to make, that is what people are taking issue with

This is the point you refuse to get, rovert. Women are constantly bombarded with attacks on their looks with "looking old" being incredibly common and complete bullshit. Nobody jumps to defend Chris Hero when he is called fat because there isn't a deep seeded misogyny that drives people to call him fat.

Quit trying to get the thread closed again.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

rovert posted:

I'd call the male equivalent of Charlotte old too for the record. Ric Flair had numerous facelifts during his active career.

You are loving dense and seriously lack reading comprehension. The point of my post and the reason that people are calling you an Internet weirdo is that women's bodies are constantly under a microscope, so what you said is hosed up. The fact that you think that stating that a male wrestler looks out of shape or had facelifts is at all the same proves that you need to quit stalking every wrestler who ever went to Orlando on Twitter and start interacting with the real loving world.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

rovert posted:

Mainly due to my efforts.

My previous deduction that rovert is Triple H was wrong. He is Eric Bischoff. The enemy was within :stare:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I actually thought that Becky looked a little off in the match. I've never thought that she and Bayley had good chemistry regardless. Not a bad match, but not a showcase. It makes sense learning that the Charlotte match was the same night.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

skaboomizzy posted:

As far as a female Vaudevillain, I hope it's that one chick with all the tattoos and they bill her as the Illustrated Woman.

This is genius. Let me email Trips to tell him how to proceed.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

It's for the best that they dropped it because Owens having three full-fledged feuds would have spread him so thin.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Phenix Rising posted:

NXT Kids is gone :(

I only got to see the first 5 minutes or so but it was really fun.

Dammit, I was planning to watch it today after work. Anybody got a mirror?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

That Blue Pants shirt is amazing and I hope that rovert gets it in PSP Secret Santa this year.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Jerusalem posted:

Coming soon, the hot tag team of Baron Corbin and Tough Enough 2015 winner Josh (I'm sure he has a last name but nobody knows what it is) - they're your new favorites because they're both tall! TALL! :neckbeard:

Josh is absolutely going to steal Corbin's fan base because he is better looking and way more toned. Middle-aged women want a long haired tattooed dude and there is only room for one. Yeti vs Lone Wolf - battle for supremacy.

I'm guessing that Corbin gets the upper hand on the go home show somehow because there is no way anyone is dumb enough to put Corbin over Joe in NYC.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

sticklefifer posted:

He's also totally cool with putting over younger talent. Though I can see WWE booking overriding that.

Finn and Bayley winning is a lock, so you've got to have some heels win. Liger is going down.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

loving England and we still haven't gotten a show in Chicago.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

That Owens promo was fuckin fire and I'm so hyped for Takeover. What a drat go home show. Everything was geared towards Saturday and it was cool to see a pull apart for a women's match.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

P-Mack posted:

I'm taking my dad to the show on Saturday and want to bring him up to speed. Have they put out one of those 5 minute video packages that runs through all the feuds?

Just have him watch tonight's episode. It basically summed up each feud in a each segment.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Angular Landbury posted:

They're going hardcore on Dawson and Wikder being the Nu Brainbusters, huh?

I'm totally down with this. Their new jackets were sharp as hell and the Shatter Machine is an ungodly awesome finisher.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Bullet Club is officially the new Kliq. Bring Tama Tonga to NXT for a little facepaint backup.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I want someone to mention Full Sail and have a sold out sports arena boo those fuckers mercilessly.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

The contrast between how WWE and NXT treat special events is ridiculous. WWE events are just another show and they aren't even as long as Raw. Takeovers are crazy hyped and every one has the vibe that something important is going to go down.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

abraham linksys posted:

That perfect 10 gimmick was way more over with the crowd than I expected, especially when Crews started mocking it

Dillinger getting a moderate 10 pop followed by Crews getting a thunderous 10 pop was so perfect. Crews felt like the most genuinely positive dude in the world and I loved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Takeover seemed a bit empty without Enzo and Cass. How big was their pop for the taping?

I am quite certain that they will be on Raw. Takeovers are always so carefully planned and I don't think they'd miss the opportunity to have them in Brooklyn unless they knew that they could use that pop for a hot debut.

• Locked thread