Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The_Rob posted:

Dana Brooke is the worst talker

sike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

English really oversold that slap

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Eva won on the fastest 10 count I've ever seen

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Nice face, Regal

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kana was a zombie nazi? Huh

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

You know what it's like when a bad actor is obviously reading cue cards or is visibly hesitating because they're trying to remember their next line until it hits them half a second too late? Eva Marie's like that, but with everything.

"Oh, I'm supposed to hit my move here."
"Oh, I'm supposed to trash talk."
"Oh, I'm supposed to kick out."

*goes for pin*

Oh poo poo the camera is on the other side

*awkwardly spins around to face the other way*

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

oatgan posted:

it's either the most dangerous or the most boring it can't be both

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm just now watching because of baseball and holy poo poo that pop for the Vaudevillians

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

only temporary posted:

So... Joe has to be in the Rumble right? He's too good not to be.

I can already hear Cole's "You gotta be kiddin' me!" in my head

Cory Lidle posted:

I like the squashes in NXT because they have the flexibility to bring in people that I'm familiar with from the indies and give them a paycheck to do a quick deal. Ciampa and Crazy Mary Dobson have worked the main event to enhance the upper card. Gargano shows up, is over as gently caress, gets his poo poo in and bounces. Leva Bates is basically a modern Barry Horowitz. It really clicks with me.

On the main roster, the rare occasion they use jobbers, it's total no-name out of shape people (because I guess Vince finds that funny). The rest of the time, it's losers trading wins that don't matter because they're losers.

Or in the case of Ryback's build, 19 year olds who weigh like 140lbs each

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If this was the attitude era they'd have Eva manage Dash and Dawson and call them the Double Ds

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol Joe using the AA as a transition move owns and I hope he gets called up and keeps doing it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

They're very British and would hate to inconvenience anyone with overly rambunctious cheers

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bayley losing would be somewhat anticlimactic considering the length of her chase and how little history and build she has with Nia

It would be like if you did the Sami/Owens angle only they'd never worked together before

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Please grow your hair back out Sami

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dias posted:

The thing with the Ascension is that they treaded water for EONS on NXT, "debuting" (more like coming back with a slight repackaging) as a monster heel team, getting the belts and then spending their ENTIRE title reign squashing randos, with no challengers or good feuds in sight. As a team, I think they're perfectly mediocre, but not charismatic enough on mic on in the ring to carry a run by themselves. Then they got promoted to the main roster and instantly buried, despite a huge build-up run in NXT.

Their WWE gimmick was the Orton Legend Killer gimmick, only for tag teams that were even older and more retired, and also they ended up getting their asses kicked by them

Weeks of Bradshaw making GBS threads all over them from the booth punctuated by him climbing into the ring to destroy them

Intruder fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jan 8, 2016

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Finally watching it, jesus no one gives the slightest poo poo about Elias Sampson and he wins with a neckbreaker?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol Asuka accidentally saw Eva come back in the ring and had to quickly turn around to pretend she didn't

Hace posted:

the battle royal was not very good imo

Eh it was half composed of green developmental women who got jobber entrances, Eva Marie, and Cameron

Intruder fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jan 14, 2016

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Glamorama26 posted:

Battle royale was great just because some lunatic agent set up a Liv powerbombs Cameron over the top spot and it almost comically killed both of them.

I felt super bad for her when she went up for it the first time and ate poo poo because she lost her balance

However, in the interest of gender equality there should have been "you hosed up!" chants

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I liked when Cameron did a splits to avoid a wheel kick, then shouted "Count it!"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I don't know if it was my imagination but the crowd seemed really dead except when Bayley came out

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I don't even mean just Carmella, even for Sami they seemed uninterested aside from the Ole chants

When he got the sub it was like :golfclap:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I thought Jesse Sorensen was dead or something

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Brennan Williams is a huge dork and his twitter handle is @THEGREATBLACKOTAKU so I'm not shocked to see him wrestling in kabuki makeup

e: I like his sitout popup powerbomb :shobon:

Intruder fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Feb 12, 2016

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Eltoasto posted:

Looks in great shape, if he doesn't get signed then i don't know what the gently caress

I don't imagine his kabuki gimmick would survive into NXT though

He could join New Day, he and Xavier could be enormous dorks together on UUDD

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Swagger Dagger posted:

Brennan Williams is super cool and I hope he gets signed. It's still kinda lame that he got cut from the NFL, really. He's not bad.

He never recovered enough from microfracture surgery on his knee

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Well also as a huge guy Williams doesn't have to be as explosive as he would in the NFL, he can be more the slow deliberate intimidating type. Those big 300lb fucks are fast as poo poo and their knees take a beating

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mormon Juggernaut posted:

looking forward to clowney's nxt debut

Clowney's surgery went fine he's just as good as he ever was :colbert:

:sigh:

Seeing Williams make it as a wrestler would be very cool

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

LETS GO BAYLEY

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It took two guys to bring Enzo down and he still put up a better fight than Dean :colbert:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Christopher Girard? Wow that's an awful awful name

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Grozz Nuy posted:

It's his real name. They seem to have a new habit of having signees perform under their real names while still in the house show/enhancement match phase of their NXT careers, then redebut them with a company-owned name when it's time to care about them. Rich Swann just happens to have a shoot name that works remarkably well as a ring name.

Well now I feel bad :v:

Yeah his real name doesn't really fit his in ring look at all IMO

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I laughed at "He fought for your freedom to drift"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Asuka legit knocked Emma unconscious with a kick :ohdear:

https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/705915848305811456

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Rock proved you can have a receding hairline and still be a good heel

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Zayn is Dolph Ziggler except smarks like him

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Well he was taken in the 2nd round, but he also sucked so :shrug:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Haha the Virgil burn was great

Poor Virgil :(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Eltoasto posted:

Just wait, if he ever hits someone with his guitar it will totally pay off

If breaking 1000 guitars never draws a dime, then never breaking a guitar should draw 1000 dimes

e: "Joe taking it to these superstars!" lmao

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Didn't get a chance to watch until last night and this morning, holy poo poo it was amazing

I assume Bayley will get a goodbye to NXT moment and won't just vanish and show up on RAW and never come back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hogan is finally brought back in, Corbin tells him to go back to CWA

Eltoasto posted:

Alexa is a great heel character, has good in ring mannerisms, and actually has some good brutal looking offense now. To me, the missing piece is a more athletic moveset. I wonder if she's just too short to do springboard kind of moves.

She's soooo tiny

• Locked thread