Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

abraham linksys posted:

Owens just punched regal in the fuckin face during that contract signing shouldn't he be like fired or something

Loses at Takeover, immediately fired via Corbin throwing him in a garbage truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The weirdest thing to me was the interview kind of standing behind and to the side of Finn for his opening promo. He had to put the mic kind of over Finn's shoulder. Very weird positioning.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Episode was entirely worth it for the Bull video.

The Gable/Jordan finisher is a bit weird in my opinion, what's Gable even doing?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

It doesn't look like he's doing much more than cradling the guy as they come down. The pinning bridge looks good though, for sure.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

It looked better last week when they debuted it. The guy taking it has to remember to bridge right on impact, and this one didn't. It's supposed to look like a catch German.

Ah, that explains it. I'll go back to the previous week as I don't remember it.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Perfect 10 is going to get squashed at Takeover :(

Oh well, Apollo Crews :dance:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

While I know it's to leave the reveal for Takeover, did anyone else feel that segment with Vaudevillains and Alexa was really flat?

They played B&M's music because she slapped them... twice! Felt like someone in back was like "poo poo, Owens is coming, play their music and get out of the way".

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Go RV! posted:

Just give Owens a mic and free reign, christ.

God yes. The New York crowd is going to love him for about 30 seconds until he cuts a promo tearing them down, too.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

So are both of the Aussie girls really from Sydney or is this a "every Japanese wrestler comes from Tokyo" type of deal?

Also Finn's jacket is super sweet. Flashing the NXT belt is a bit weird though.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

I was thinking about how they used to put a few NXT wrestlers on the RAW before a Takeover special to promote it. Was the Charlotte/Nattie match the last time they did that? I'd imagine HHH was pretty pissed about that incident which is why it stopped.

Sami injured his shoulder against Cena on RAW, which was meant to hype his title match v Owens. That's the last one I can think of.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Straight up old school Joe talking down the camera promo to end the show. Awesome.

And count me as another chap with a young niece named Evie so either don't call her up or give her a different name, please.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

rovert posted:

I got in trouble with people who know her just for retweeting the original story about Alexa.

Why retweet that story? Whether it's true or not it's nobody's business.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hire Doctor Who Gotch

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I enjoyed how they hyped up other matches but then went "well, won't be able to fit those in as this match continues".

Of course Sami showing up on Raw ruined the ending though.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I thought the blood stoppages really hurt the flow of the main event, and it's going to be extra hilarious when HHH does a heroic bladejob to get Reigns over and there's nary a medic to be seen.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Dias posted:

Hopefully alongside the drifter, Paul Walker

holy poo poo

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

This is awesome for Joe but strikes me as so weird - NXT has been really well positioned about having belts change at the takeovers and big tv events. And after the biggest Takeover of the year they change the belt at a house show?

Considering we've had two new tag teams called up, Anderson and Gallows debut and Crews move up as well, I don't see an urgent need for another NXT callup, even if Finn would hopefully be positioned high up the card on debut.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I guess I'd just prefer Finn to debut in a big way with the demon paint (I've only seen snatches of Bullet Club stuff, haven't watched much NJPW) but if that's what it takes to get him on the main roster, so be it :)

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

So does NXT now have more TNA Originals than TNA?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

AMReese posted:

I'm still convinced that she has the worst finisher on the roster.

Doesn't look good AND dangerous? What a combination!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

She had a feud with Asuka over who had the better tits and called her a "poo poo bitch"

wait what

Was this a DDT feud?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

:aaa: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Germansimp posted:

A Wrestlemania that starts on a Sunday morning at 8 am instead of Monday night at 2 am? Yeah, I could live with that.

I'm in the same timezone as Tokyo, bring that poo poo on :getin:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Did anybody else find it weird that they discussed every matchup except Davari and Ho Ho Lun? I watched Bracketology on the network and it wasn't on there.

Also whoever thought that "rather than focus on the person talking, we should have the camera zoom in on the other person nodding" should be fired.

Finally, I have not seen ZSJ wrestle but dude needs some muscle - he has the saddest lanky man torso I've ever seen.

Also Gallagher's high cut trunks are disturbing. I know they're like an inch away from normal wrestling trunks but they just look so much more like underpants.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Other than those grips super hyped for CWC :getin:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The_Rob posted:

ZSJ rules and him being a cute boy is half of his appeal.

He is cute but that rotating picture they had on his profile had the saddest midsection since Baron Corbin. And while I'm sure he can those arms don't look like they could suplex anyone safely.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

Does anyone know if those matches have the cool Vs. screens like all the others had?

This is what I meant by the way, I thought Graves mentioned every match and they had that VS screen except for Ho Ho Lun v Davari.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Kids will love the hell out of Mojo. They'll be pointing along with "He ain't hype!" before you know it.

• Locked thread