Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Just watching this now and can't help but notice the loving creep in the front row hiding his camera behind a small "Hottest Chick In The Ring" sign sneaking pictures of Carmella's rear end. Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

So I'm assuming the Vaudevillains/BAMF feud leads to some old-timey lady wrestler debuting to even the odds? I was curious as to why they would do the tag title match on a regular weekly show, but that's the only reason I can think of for holding it off of Takeover: Brooklyn since there's not nearly enough time to build a new tag title feud.

Oh, also - what's the deal with Uhaa? They ran packages for him for like two weeks then just stopped mentioning him at all.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

epitasis posted:

rovert have you got this scoop lmaoo

So she fits right in with everyone else there?

What's the story on chubby kid's dad? Those two are like my favorite crowd people.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rovert posted:

Would undermine his position and his neck is jacked up.

His neck is too jacked up to do commentary?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

NXT Kids is gone :(

I only got to see the first 5 minutes or so but it was really fun.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This new Finn Balor shirt is pretty loving cool

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

sticklefifer posted:

I'm def cool with Dawson & Wilder being a Brainbusters team, but I really wish they kept the Mechanics name instead of Lastname & Lastname. Mechanics felt like an oldschool team name.

It's probably for the best. Once creative got bored with them, they would have just turned them into actual auto mechanics.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Tye Dillinger rules. I was ready to pass on the Perfect 10 thing at the NXT Philly show but he won the entire crowd over throughout the match. The dude is great.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The streamers thing ruled. Dudes threw streamers and security kicked them out which forced the crowd to go ballistic booing and chanting to let them stay. So they're gone for like three minutes and then suddenly security is walking them back to their seats. The crowd went nuts cheering and chanting "welcome back" and stuff. It was a really fun and sweet moment. I'm glad the crowd cared so much about those dudes.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Seems odd to me that they wouldn't totally capitalize on the UK tour and film a Takeover there. The Japan special apparently did pretty well on the network, right? Doesn't seem like pre-taped or aired-at-ridiculous-times specials hurt the special in the U.S.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I get the Balor/Demon complaints. Just because it's a ladder match doesn't mean the "demon is unleashed" or whatever. He did the same stuff in a ladder match anybody else would - using the ladder as a weapon, doing his finisher off of the ladder, etc. But, his actual in-ring style is the same as when he's not the demon. He doesn't brawl more or wrestle a crazier style or anything like that; he's just doing the same stuff as regular Finn Balor does except he's painted up like a maniac.

I think it would definitely add some depth if putting on the paint changed his personality and wrestling style. Just make him way more loving vicious.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

There are very few feel-good moments in wrestling that have brought me anywhere close to tears, but Sasha winning the title and Bayley winning it are two of them. Being there in person for Bayley's win was unreal. The crowd was so hot for the whole match and EVERYONE around was counting the final three count with arms in the air. Just a legitimately good moment that everybody felt a part of. That match and victory are the reasons I can't stop watching this poo poo.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don't know about the other merch stands at Takeover, but the NXT tent outside the arena sold out of Sasha Banks shirts. Pretty drat awesome.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Dana Brook's look is so confusing to me. She is/can look like a total babe but since her debut her face has gotten real puffy and she makes odd makeup choices. With her face getting so puffy she almost starts to look like a kid who got into their mother's makeup and went nuts with it.

That, plus her gear changes almost weekly. It's like nobody knows exactly what to do with her so they're just trying to make her look different/weirder every week.

Also, her speaking voice is awful. It's not as bad as Eva Marie who always sounds like a freshly built robot speaking for the first time, but it's still pretty bad.

Hoping Emma just knocks her out and does things on her own or somehow rubs off on her.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Have they announced what the format for this thing is? It's not a normal tournament, right? Round robin? No format and just a bunch of tag matches with no details?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jerusalem posted:

Did I miss Bayley? :ohdear:

Yes, but only in the sense that everybody should always miss Bayley when she's not on the screen.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

YAH YAH YAH GORE GORE GORE

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I always wondered how Ciampia was pronounced. Thanks, Regal!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I didn't think anything could make me care about Jason Jordan but god drat it, Chad Gable is a magician and has done it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

He's still jealous of Dean and Renee's relationship.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

ALL RED ABDOMINAL STRETCH

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

That ref hosed up hard. Oh, and Eva.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

abraham linksys posted:

All of the smarks in the crowd got back from their piss break just in time to boo I guess

Eva forgot to kick out so the ref just stopped counting.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Eltoasto posted:

Her kickouts were definitely weak. I mean she is improving, this was much more fluid than last time but a long way to go.

She's definitely getting better, but she 100% forgot to kick out at the end and the ref just stopped counting. Almost had another Emma on our hands.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

pressedbunny posted:

That finisher looks like it'll be banned before they ever get to Raw.

Eh, I doubt it. It's usually not hit as high angle as that. Normally it looks like a normal back suplex landing.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

abraham linksys posted:

Nah, I think it's just for a trophy or whatever. Maybe could set up the winner as a #1 contender if they wanted, especially if whoever wins goes over the Vaudevillains

e: also can someone decipher who the gently caress that is paired with Samson this guy https://twitter.com/tuckerknightwwe

Tucker something?

Edit: whoops, looks like ya got it

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I wonder how salty the Full Sail crowd is to not be getting EVERY tournament match.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Aw man, where's the cool-rear end robe Bull had at Takeover??

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Hace posted:

Ciampa and Gargano seem extremely smooth and good imo

They're good but also just making me think of ReDRagon and now I want to see them.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What a dumb finisher/pinning combination.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

oatgan posted:

well which is it

No she's not

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

A random wrestler on commentary is giving me a super 80s/90s feel. Can't remember the last time a random dude was doing commentary like this.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gavok posted:

Congratulations, Amasis!

I don't know anything about Rich Swann. Is he actually Amasis or is there some joke/reference I'm missing?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Enzo posted on Instagram earlier about how much of an honor it was to wrestle Finn who he referred to as "one of the best dudes, my homey".

So either he's really laying it on thick after getting smacked around, or nothing actually happened and people in the crowd overreacted. One seems way more plausible than the other.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Delsaber posted:

That's Mojo Rawley.

Mojo Rawley is not good.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pulling for Dash & Dawson to win this whole tournament. If the plan is to have Joe and Finn lose and build an angle off of it, there's no reason that it needs to happen in a loss in the finals. Let it happen in the semis so then the final match ha 100% focus on the actual match at hand.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The Sasha/Bayley video that tore the forum apart is now private; did anyone happen to save it/upload it anywhere else? Been trying to find it but haven't had any luck.

Asuka's debut match was awesome especially after such a lackluster "new signing" debut (mostly because it was almost identical to Hideo's debut). She may be the most charismatic woman on the roster. She just has all of these little ticks and moves that she does in the ring between moves that kind of capture your attention. Super stoked to see more of her.

Also, my guess has always been that they're saving Crews' SSP for a big match. Like, he hits the press slam and moonsault combo on someone and they kick out so then later in the match he hits the press slam and moonsault again, but then follows it up with the SSP to get the win.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

LionYeti posted:

I'm pretty sure that he's not allowed to do the ssp for legal insurance reasons

Why? Dudes do crazier flippy poo poo than that, and hasn't someone (Rollins maybe?) done a standing SSP recently?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rovert posted:

There was. Top WWE producers that no one would really know. Haven't watched BOLA but the female sitting behind the announce desk who kind of looks like Sara Del Rey is a WWE (TV) producer.

I heard that person looked more like Norman Smiley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

dromal phrenia posted:

I just assume anyone posting scoops is revealing the full details of what they know. So if all they say is "someone big showed up" then they don't know who it is. Getting more invested than that is stupid.

That's not what happens with The R Man, though. He's constantly leading on that he knows all of the details of things but withholds it because of some bizarre internet power trip bullshit. It's just silly.

• Locked thread