Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
That Bull training video was so great that I can't even tell you guys how much I loved it. I honestly wish the main shows had even a fraction of the characterization that Nxt manages every week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
How can someone, honestly, bash Charlotte and praise Dana Brooke in the same sentence?! How is that possible?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I fully expect her to be called fat and pushed in pig slop.

Yee haw.

:smith:

She's getting the Molly Holly treatment, no doubt.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Toy companies make the gender bullshit of wrestling look like small pennies. The Avengers made a billion loving dollars and the toy companies insisted that the money was from BOYS ONLY

It probably was, because they made literally one toy of the sole female avenger.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Delsaber posted:

The kids at Full Sail are viewed as a major letdown. There's a lot of discussion about it online.

Honestly they're only where they are in the crowd because of nepotism and they really haven't improved that much this last year.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

rovert posted:

Which decade that happened is open to debate.

What?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

rovert posted:

Yep Wrestling isn't a cosmetic business.

Why does it matter to those of us watching at home?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
But if you kept posting about how terrible Biff Busick was and how much he didn't deserve his spot, and how people overrated him and how much he hasn't improved over the last year over and over again and then started talking about his looks some people might feel you just have a weird grudge against the guy. Also, who the gently caress is Biff Busick?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Imagine if they'd given Sasha that SUV/Manservant entrance for her debut instead of listlessly adding her to a terrible team.

Imagine if any divas had a unique or interesting entrance. It would go a long way to getting the crowd to care about them. Last one I remember was Melina with the paparazzi.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Mob posted:

Can't happen as nobody is allowed to get over on Stephanie ever. If she's got a mic and you're talking she will sass every other line you say.

Like when A.J was getting massively over and Steph comes out and tore her and the entire women's division down. Leading to nothing at all.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

OctoberCountry posted:

Don't think I ever saw this. When was it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBaQg4EzCpk
Stephanie was still a heel back then, btw.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
What kind of soulless monster boos a little girl? I never thought the fs crowd was as bad as people.make them out to be, but gently caress those dudes.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

zakharov posted:

Shout out to whoever puts together the Bayley/Sasha video packages. I've only really been paying attention since Brooklyn and I feel completely caught up. All it takes is Bayley's music hitting to give me the feels now.

I love that they included footage of them training for the match which you never see on the main roster Diva feuds.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I'm amazed that we've gotten to the point where people will poo poo on the full sail crowd for being excited about a match.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Spermgod posted:

I mean what do you expect people on a wrestling forum to do

Be happy that a small facet of WWE is finally taking steps towards treating their women wrestlers as something more than a piss break?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Golden Bee posted:

It's not brand-policing to say "Hey, don't end blood feuds with people crying and hugging." It's like watching someone you gently caress immediately smoke a cig and j/o to how good they are.

Sasha Banks' entire character is based around the fact that she is the best female wrestler in the company. The woman has spent better part of a year as the reigning champ and has defeated each and every opponent she's faced clean as a sheet only to lose the title to a woman that's she's looked down on for years. A woman who she believes isn't in her league. Not only that, when she gets her rematch she realizes she can't beat Bayley and resorts to every under handed trick in the book and after all that she still loses. When she makes her exit she sees the entire roster standing there clapping and at that moment she realizes that she's not the best, she's not the boss Bayley is. And after all this she collapses to the floor and all the rage and bitterness flow out of her in a stream of tears. Seems like a cool way to end a feud to me.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

rovert posted:

Devin and Cal's firing story is amazing and sad.

Go on....

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

rovert posted:

As someone said on Twitter imagine if Enzo & Cass didn't win the tag straps at Brooklyn because they had an idea involving Blue Pants instead.

Who cares?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
What kind of person takes joy in an innocent stranger being out of work?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

rovert posted:

What's the issue?

Goes way back in real life with Enzo Amore. Raps her own theme music.

By this logic modern day Cena is a hoodrat,

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I really hope Bayley gets her smile back soon, because mopey champ Bayley isn't doing poo poo for me. Also someone needs to get fired for letting Nia come out in that terrible gear.

Jerusalem posted:

Dana deliriously giggling because she thought she'd won the match, and Emma just quietly saying,"Yeah.... you did great....." may have been the highlight of a very good show for me.

I can't remember the last time WWE did something (non New Day Related) that made me laugh this hard.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I can't believe you idiots thought she was 9.

GOD

That's her shoot age

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

duyarvish posted:

If you were someone like Dawson and Wilder would you not be pissed if your push was brushed aside because the Young Bucks decided they want to sign now?

If anything it would prepare them for the main roster where that type of poo poo happens all the time.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

epitasis posted:

knockouts is better than divas, actually

Yeah, at the very least knockout evokes the idea of a physical bout. Diva just makes me think of Cher or Madonna.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Mob posted:

They definitely edited the footage to make it like Corbin was off eating by himself while everyone else was putting up the ring

The way the cut it made me assume that Mojo was loving with him while everyone else was working.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Baron Corbyn posted:

Trying to watch today's NXT and it's skipping so much as to be unwatchable. Anyone else having issues.

I just tried to watch it and I'm getting the same issue. I'm five minutes into the show and it's skipped about three of those minutes.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

sticklefifer posted:

Color schemes are an easy way of quick branding, and I guess they think women have a higher propensity to dye it or wear extensions.

It's a silly pet peeve, but I hate how the majority of women on the roster wear ridiculous extensions that puts their hair down to their knees. I'm guessing Vince hates short hair on ladies.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

sticklefifer posted:

Serena and Molly both rocked the bald look, IMO.

It's not silly, I totally get this. It covers their faces really often so you can't see their facial expressions during a match, or they constantly have to move it out of their faces, both of which detract from matches.

Or you get those moments where one of the girls tracks come out during a match and you've just got this huge strand of fake hair in the ring.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Just watched the New breaking ground and Devin's firing didn't live up to the hype at all.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

soapgish posted:

Good, because it's only you wanting the documentary show to be a loving reality show.

It wasn't the show that hyped it up for over a month.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

projecthalaxy posted:

They will now that it has been spoken to existence. Now that they film other places I'm growing less tolerant of the Full Sail crowd. It's like hundreds and hundreds of members of TNA's Crucial Crew. I bet they organize in other places and just chant things at each other without a show interrupting them because they clearly prefer it to watching wrestling.

I Was really feeling that Bayley chant when it started, but then it kept going and going and going.

Also, I couldn't finish that Eva promo it was just too loving awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I'm still bummed that American Alpha not only lost clean, but seem to be moving into a new program away from the titles.

• Locked thread