Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
just found out like 3 days ago ... :-(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
What does the daughter he refused to acknowledge say about this

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
steve robs

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

I.N.R.I posted:

just found out like 3 days ago ... :-(

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
i am glad of it

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

I say gently caress him

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Huge Obamacare Fan posted:

I say gently caress him

What if he got cremated?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

steve rimjobs

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Steve Jobs refused medical treatment initially, and once he realized he was gonna die he bought a house in every state to try and get new organs quicker.

Sorry "Steve"....not this time

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

Remember when Micheal Jackson died and the internet practically broke down from all the traffic? That was way cooler then Steve jobs death

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
are you sure you didn't mean to post this in yospos

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

someone post the sad hipster at the apple store

i tried gis "dead jobs crying hipster, apple store crying hipster, if you cried when steve jobs died please kill yourself" and got nothing.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

[insert old and overused joke about no jobs, no hope, and no cash]

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im glad

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Wafflz posted:

i tried gis "dead jobs crying hipster, apple store crying hipster, if you cried when steve jobs died please kill yourself" and got nothing.

i want to know what search subject will return this picture with fewest characters. its a really good picture.

on the other hand, im sorry op. he wasn't my favorite person but if you're in mourning, well, i cant denigrate you for that.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
Bob Dobbs :chord:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Steve Jobs refused medical treatment initially, and once he realized he was gonna die he bought a house in every state to try and get new organs quicker.

he proabnbaly did that because he was really desparate to try and stay alive

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

is this true

because if it is loving lol not only did he refuse medical treatment because he's a yuppie douche but then he didn't even stick to his guns and caved too late for it to matter. and tried to use his cash to manipulate the organ donor system.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

is this true

because if it is loving lol not only did he refuse medical treatment because he's a yuppie douche but then he didn't even stick to his guns and caved too late for it to matter. and tried to use his cash to manipulate the organ donor system.

Yeah he thought bananas would cure his rear end cancer

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Oberleutnant posted:

A true visionary

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

I.N.R.I posted:

he proabnbaly did that because he was really desparate to try and stay alive

Obviously not that desperate if he wasn't willing to try anything more drastic than fruit smoothies.

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

Should have called Dr. Dre sooner

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
wow I looked it up and sure enough the fucker used his money to cut in line for an organ transplant and got himself a liver. what a piece of poo poo lol

"oh but he made these really cool phones don't you see"

i hope the teenager or parent or whoever lost out on that liver got an ipod in their coffin at least

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

Oberleutnant posted:

we know apples won't

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Moridin920 posted:

is this true

Yup

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/local-news/steve-jobs-liver-transplant-memphis

This one is better:
http://www.businessinsider.com/steve-jobs-does-it-after-almost-dying-california-passes-his-organ-donor-law-2010-10

quote:

By early to mid-March: a miracle. One of the hospitals at which Steve had gotten listed reached him to say that they had a liver and that he was the best candidate to receive it via transplant.

It was Methodist University Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee.

Steve acted fast. According to one source, Steve had the local lawyers at Burch,Porter & Johnson create a limited-liability corporation (LLC) called LCHG LLC and buy the nicest mansion in Memphis's wealthiest neighborhood on March 17, 2009.

Cool NIN Shirt fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jul 21, 2015

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Wafflz posted:

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Wafflz posted:

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

where is ISIS when you need them?

what was the gis for the sad hipster?

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Im not some kind of "kill the rich" guy but how could you feel such an attachment to a billionaire tech guy who would probably kill you and steal your liver if it were legal...like cmon man

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Rod Munch posted:

Should have called Dr. Dre sooner
He forgot about dre

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
i'm glad i'll never be famous or important, because that means i won't have a flood of lovely biopics made about me after i die

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
remember the apple watch? lol i do.

i also remember bluetooth earpieces

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Im not some kind of "kill the rich" guy but how could you feel such an attachment to a billionaire tech guy who would probably kill you and steal your liver if it were legal...like cmon man

millenials

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
In addition to using his piles of cash to game the organ donation system across the country he was universally regarded as a pretty poo poo human being.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I like how that business insider article somehow turns around and fellates Jobs for being the impetus behind a new law that would increase organ donor numbers even though he basically used his cash to cut in line and swoop on a liver.

quote:

More specifically, the law exists thanks to Steve Jobs's illness last year and the huge, expensive effort it took for him to find a liver donor.
Here's that story. (See a fast, picture-book version here.)

death to america

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Wafflz posted:

With the internet you gotta break it down simple.

For future reference it's "apple store crying".

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

InterFaced posted:

In addition to using his piles of cash to game the organ donation system across the country he was universally regarded as a pretty poo poo human being.

I wonder what everyone in GBS would be universally regarded as

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

remember when they made a movie about him and then they immediately had to make another movie about him because they accidently put ashton kucher in the first movie?

• Locked thread