Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
some poor employee had to clean all that poo poo up lol

I'm not a silicon valley tech but I have a lingering hope that technology will save me from dying before the age of 100 at least.

cyborg all the way yo

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Moon Atari posted:

Nah just anecdotal, I've yet to secure a funding source willing to help me empirically prove something with neither financial or societal benefit.

Literally every investor in a start up

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Thats touching

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I'm the post it that says will me some of your money you dead bitch

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

Thats touching

Why no one hurled a Molotov cocktail at that window is beyond me

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
awhat the- - - -!!!....

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
hhhWATT

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
:captainpop:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

haljordan posted:

Why no one hurled a Molotov cocktail at that window is beyond me

i feel like it wouldn't even occur to the type of person that would do that to drive out to an apple store for jobs' funeral or death or whatever

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
this is almost as sad as that one time someones cat died

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Michael Moritz interviewed Steve, Crissann, and a number of others for the 1982 Time Person of the Year special issue (released on January 3, 1983). In his interview, Steve questioned the reliability of the paternity test (which stated that the "probability of paternity for Jobs, Steven... is 94.1%").[7] Steve responded by arguing that "28% of the male population of the United States could be the father."[7][2][3] Rather than name Steve "Person of the Year" (as he and many others expected while giving the interviews), the issue was instead titled: "Machine of the Year: The Computer Moves In."[8] The thematic change occurred after Moritz heard both comments about both Steve's management style and about Brennan-Jobs.[2][3]

Steve admits this made him cry lol

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
u think lil stevie smoked herb??

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Melmac posted:

Michael Moritz interviewed Steve, Crissann, and a number of others for the 1982 Time Person of the Year special issue (released on January 3, 1983). In his interview, Steve questioned the reliability of the paternity test (which stated that the "probability of paternity for Jobs, Steven... is 94.1%").[7] Steve responded by arguing that "28% of the male population of the United States could be the father."[7][2][3] Rather than name Steve "Person of the Year" (as he and many others expected while giving the interviews), the issue was instead titled: "Machine of the Year: The Computer Moves In."[8] The thematic change occurred after Moritz heard both comments about both Steve's management style and about Brennan-Jobs.[2][3]

Steve admits this made him cry lol

lol what a loving poo poo lord

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I'm starting to think this Job's fellow might not have been the hero and Christ figure I had up until this moment believed him to be.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Bug Bill Murray posted:

u think lil stevie smoked herb??

I bet no one ever offered that stupid nerd drugs. He does not seem chill at all.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Did jobs actually help the engineers or did he just say "make the best mp3 player available" and bounce out

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

haljordan posted:

Did jobs actually help the engineers or did he just say "make the best mp3 player available" and bounce out

he basically stole most his early poo poo from Wozniak (who is a chiller and essentially went 'meh whatever'). I know Jobs hosed him out of a bunch of money early on though and took credit for tons of his work. He straight lied about how much he was getting paid and gave Woz a paltry sum for doing all the work.

quote:

Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak has admitted he cried when he discovered that the late Steve Jobs had tricked him into designing a game for which Jobs received a majority of the profit.

Speaking to the BBC in the programme Steve Jobs: Billion Dollar Hippy, which aired on Wednesday evening, Wozniak explained that when Jobs had been approached by Atari to create a new "break-out" game, he got Wozniak to do the work, but only paid him less than half of what he received from the company for the job.

dunno what was going on in the board room of Apple but he must have been doing something good. When he left to go form Pixar Apple started nosediving until they brought him back and now that he's dead they are again floundering because they don't know wtf to make anymore other than stupid watches and minor updates to their phones.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jul 21, 2015

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
bill burr did a funny thing re: steve job

ya

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

RIP Jeaves Stob

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
its criminal that he never had a son that he named Blow, bonus points if kid was adopted from maybe some country where they normally have a lot of sex industry workers

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

he basically stole most his early poo poo from Wozniak (who is a chiller and essentially went 'meh whatever'). I know Jobs hosed him out of a bunch of money early on though and took credit for tons of his work. He straight lied about how much he was getting paid and gave Woz a paltry sum for doing all the work.

dunno what was going on in the board room of Apple but he must have been doing something good. When he left to go form Pixar Apple started nosediving until they brought him back and now that he's dead they are again floundering because they don't know wtf to make anymore other than stupid watches and minor updates to their phones.
its like what happened at disney when walt died. when a corporation's driving force is a singular sociopath and the person ends up in a coffin, poo poo gets wacky

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

He never had the sex appeal Bill had

Only registered members can see post attachments!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Chinatown posted:

remember the apple watch? lol i do.

i also remember bluetooth earpieces

The Apple Watch was fun for a couple weeks because it made all the douchiest people you know try really hard to care about watches and pretend they were impressive

I saw someone wearing a Bluetooth at the grocery store yesterday, I thought maybe I had accidentally stepped back into 2004

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

He never had the sex appeal Bill had

He looks like James Spader with downs in this pic

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
they should have gone for using that new bendy screen poo poo to start making pip boys that actually had some loving use instead of coming up with an article of clothing no one loving wears anymore and turning it into a glorified pedometer

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Moridin920 posted:

they should have gone for using that new bendy screen poo poo to start making pip boys that actually had some loving use instead of coming up with an article of clothing no one loving wears anymore and turning it into a glorified pedometer

What's up with the fitbit anyway. It it seriously just a 100$ pedometer which is a feature your phone has already?

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
I hyave never known anyone irl who loves steve jobs but one of my students one time was making a point in class and was listing a bunch of people as "visionaries" and he included jobs in his list and that was the moment i realized real people in real life not only have opinions about steve jobs but also weird affimation and hero worship

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

POWERBALL posted:

I hyave never known anyone irl who loves steve jobs but one of my students one time was making a point in class and was listing a bunch of people as "visionaries" and he included jobs in his list and that was the moment i realized real people in real life not only have opinions about steve jobs but also weird affimation and hero worship

not only that but there's an entire philosophy around worshiping rich people as heroes called objectivism

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

DaveSplitter posted:

RIP Jeaves Stob

Lol WTF.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

quote:

Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak has admitted he cried when he discovered that the late Steve Jobs had tricked him into designing a game for which Jobs received a majority of the profit.

Speaking to the BBC in the programme Steve Jobs: Billion Dollar Hippy, which aired on Wednesday evening, Wozniak explained that when Jobs had been approached by Atari to create a new "break-out" game, he got Wozniak to do the work, but only paid him less than half of what he received from the company for the job.

why is it that everyone associated with apple seems to be crying all the time

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Steve Jobs was a pile of poo poo who had a good eye for design and was really good at marketing to people in their 20's.

I think that about covers it.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Steve Jobs died like he lived, like a shrivelled little bitch of a "person."

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

:D

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Looks like the computer pioneer's legacy has been destroyed

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
sterve

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Lol, there's one right under it that says "thank you for exploiting the poor labor laws in china and not donating a single cent to any charities."

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

why is it that everyone associated with apple seems to be crying all the time
[/quote]

Innovators and creative geniuses often have an excess of emotional energy, which both drives them productively but can also cause them great pain. Luckily true mavericks understand that inspiration can sometimes only be accessed through vulnerability.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

FINALLY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Steph Jubs reinvutiolized the way we do networks and for this we are truthly bless

• Locked thread