Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
Ant man? Really? Who the gently caress wants to watch Paul Rudd play an ant. How many comic book superheroes are there left anyway? The well has to be running dry soon.

For the love of God stop making these movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
we still get to see the dude from Sherlock play a Tibetan wizard

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

I prefer to call them graphic novels, OP.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Nope. I hate childish poo poo spoonfed to brain dead adults. I blame middle america.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the real super heroes are the quiet, unsung heroes who laugh and cry in our favorite dramas and rom coms

naem
May 29, 2011

yes

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Blame all the loving nerds spending every penny they make on stupid poo poo.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
There are 57 upcoming comic book movies apparently

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
sounds like we need a superhero to save us from all these awful comic book movies. summer '18. joss whedon call me

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
sorry mozi unless you're a hot but ill understood woman he has no need for you in his movie about saving the world from comic books space opera sci fi vampire slayer

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Beef Turret posted:

There are 57 upcoming comic book movies apparently

:smithicide:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Yes, OP, you are literally the only person on earth sick of comic book movies.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
i actually liked ant man i thought it was an entertaining movie even though i had no knowledge of the character beforehand

i havent seen all of the superhero movies but on average they tend to be well made and enjoyable movies, typically worth at least a rental if not a full price ticket

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Applewhite posted:

Yes, OP, you are literally the only person on earth sick of comic book movies.

Sometimes I feel like it. Why won't they just stop?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im done with comic books, sci-fi, all that nerd bullshit

now i just watch CRIME MOVIES

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

tomstuart posted:

i actually liked ant man i thought it was an entertaining movie even though i had no knowledge of the character beforehand

i havent seen all of the superhero movies but on average they tend to be well made and enjoyable movies, typically worth at least a rental if not a full price ticket

It's not that their comic book movies per-se it's just that every loving summer there's like 100 new comic book movies released.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
apparently a lot of people want to watch paul rudd play any man going by the box office numbers op

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yes, op. you're the only one tired of them

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
They'll keep making them as long as people keew watching them, so deal with it OP

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I used to like Paul Rudd but Dinner For Schmucks was so awful I don't really like anyone associated with it anymore tbh

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Yeah. Age of Ultron being stupid made me realize how sick of them I am.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

it stinks!

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
I like Paul Rudd and I don't have anything against him for starring in this film. He be makin dat chedda.

Hollywood has become fixated on this stupid Comic Book trend. You can make a movie that doesn't have superheroes in it that people will still enjoy.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

computer parts posted:

we still get to see the dude from Sherlock play a Tibetan wizard

Ah yes, Tibetans are the traditional enemy of the ant.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

the only superhero movie necessary anymore is Dazzler the movie

BoobFarts
Apr 14, 2014
I'm not alone! And neither are you OP.

I got tired of them after the emo spiderman interprative dance. Wasn't there another spiderman movie after that one? Like come on! They did spiderman once, already.

I see an advert for another comicbook moobie and it's just... 'I don't care!'.

Note:I've never read a comic book.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I'm tired of them. However, I really did enjoy the second Nolan Bat Man movie. It had just enough cheese in it to remind you it's a comic book movie but was also a legitimately good movie.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
For every comic book movie you don't watch OP, I'll watch three. Oh yes quench my thirsty hate with your non-nerd tears.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

SweetKarma posted:

How many comic book superheroes are there left anyway? The well has to be running dry soon.

lol

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Stop watching them then you twat. Like bitch, just close ya eyes. They make a shitload of money so it's not gonna end anytime soon.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

symbolic posted:

the only superhero movie necessary anymore is Dazzler the movie

Yeah, before the trend is over I want a Dazzler movie, a Doom Patrol movie, a Ms. Marvel movie, an Invisibles movie, a Flex Mentallo movie, a Question Movie, a Renee Montoya Question movie, a Patsy Walker Hellcat movie, a Justice League Europe movie, a Ben Reilly Spiderman movie, a Squirrel Girl movie, a Nextwave movie, a X-Statix movie, a Silver Surfer movie, and a Rom: Spaceknight trilogy of movies with a tie-in Saturday morning cartoon and new monthly comic series.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Mad Monk posted:

I'm tired of them. However, I really did enjoy the second Nolan Bat Man movie. It had just enough cheese in it to remind you it's a comic book movie but was also a legitimately good movie.

I liked the dark knight but only because of the joker scenes. Where he made the pencil disappear, and when he made the two guys fight with broken pool sticks. Give me more of that poo poo. The only thing that made the dark knight watchable were the parts with the joker. Batman was just Bale trying his best to sound tough and failing. I don't know who the gently caress selected Christian Bale to be Batman. My 16 year old brother could sound tougher than him.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
they should really license more japanese high school animes for movie adaptations, they'd be cheap and there's like a million of them

or webcomics. homestuck on the silver screen

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

super heros man

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Parallax Scroll posted:

super heros man

Oh yeah, and a Nate Grey movie

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

they should make good movies that'd be cool

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

but which one is the worst? my vote is the wolverine.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
I like most comic book movies, they're a lot of fun. I grew up reading comic books and I like to watch my favorite superheroes punch stuff

I guess what I'm trying to say is eat my poo poo, op

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

bat mman movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
SweetKarma for moderator

• Locked thread