Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
ABDC chat:

SUPER CR3W ALL DAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I LOVED JJ's routine with Leonardo. Leonardo and Miriam are always my favorite. They just loving ooze sensuality and sex. JJ got beyond lucky for her partner to have gotten hurt. Hell, I might toss a banana peel on the ground were I in the competition and landed them as choreographers.

Virgil is becoming kind of what Kent was to me; someone who could fall off the stage onto his face and I wouldn't even care. I'd still vote for him. He just lights up the stage whenever he is on it. That smile, I can't take my eyes off of him.

I want to see Asaf and his partners dance done with different dancers. I don't think it was the routine so much as how they had to maim it and then it was danced poorly. I bet with like, Courtney and Mark K., that dance would have been hot as gently caress.

I agree with what someone else said about the opening performance. That is a really, really powerful song and the dance and choreography didn't live up to it to me.

And finally, :lol: at Nigel missing what Megz and what's his names routine was about.

Atticus Finch posted:

ABDC chat:

SUPER CR3W ALL DAY

While I haven't seen it, I'm quite sure this is the proper statement. I can't get the drat site to stream properly! :mad:

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
Hasn't Leonardo stepped in a few times over the years? Might be a conspiracy...but a good one. He always does very little, but it's always incredible and the girl properly shines because of it. JJ is stunning anyway though. Funnily enough her partner wasn't on my radar at all until his interview saying he was injured. In fact I cant remember anything about him again now.
I'm not sure how much of it is bias but Jaja still regularly grabs my focus in the group numbers.

ABDC:
Dtrix looks like he's about to explode after their routines, more so the first week. Most likely down to being the other side of the judges desk. But seriously coked fired up.
SUPERCr3w, that knee/elbow slide!
We R Heroes didn't really improve much from their first showing.

Also......perhaps not the right thread for this but, in preparation for my impending trip to New York (first time in the States) I've flicked through the NYC thread and noticed this thread came up a few times. Was just wondering, besides the on/off broadway shows, would there be anywhere to catch some 'dance'. It's pretty hard to come by here in my part of the UK, besides FlexN's (Brooklyn based) recent trip to Manchester.

I may bump in to Billy Bell at Sleep No More.

MeKeV fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Aug 7, 2015

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

MeKeV posted:

Hasn't Leonardo stepped in a few times over the years?
He has! I thought that as well. But he's so good for all the reasons you listed. I wish I could guide you on your NYC trip but I don't know anything, sorry. :(

KilGrey posted:

While I haven't seen it, I'm quite sure this is the proper statement. I can't get the drat site to stream properly! :mad:
AS GOOD OF A REASON AS ANY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a77YQX_8wzo

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

MeKeV posted:

Funnily enough her partner wasn't on my radar at all until his interview saying he was injured. In fact I cant remember anything about him again now.

Hahaha, yes! I'm finally watching this week's show, and they showed him in the audience and I was like, who are you?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I liked the order of performances tonight when it was like "check out these nautical themed horny burlesques, but before we get to more nautical themed horny burlesques, we're gonna cure prejudice!"

Also I'm guessing Megz didn't insist on having a trumpet instead of a sax.

Aladdin
Feb 16, 2011
So glad Neptune was saved, he's the man to beat.

Also that fish routine was pure sabotage.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Why save Derek? I don't understand, America.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Aladdin posted:

Also that fish routine was pure sabotage.

Yeah, I felt bad for that one girl. She's had a hard time connecting with the audience and really needed to do that this week and then she lands an abstract Burlesque number where she is a fish.

RobinPierce
Aug 29, 2009
Did... that feel a little tiny bit rigged to anyone else? If any of the girls had gone through it would have been at 2 to 8 gender split, which might have messed mightily with any planned choreo. As it is it's 4 v 6, which will at least give a little more variety in routines.

Either that or twitter's gone a bit mad.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Seemed like the judges were pretty grumpy this episode.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

I don't understand those votes at all. Derek is good but not that good and Yorelis was my favorite. Screw you America!

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
I can't really remember any of the routines despite only watching it yesterday. It was all a bit meh.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

I was also a fan of Yorelis, but I also like Neptune, so it was a hard one!

I'm a West Coastie so I'll never get to vote in the twitter thing unless I want to spoil myself to the bottom 6. This annoys me.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Judges must have really been hurt from the poo poo they got for keeping Asaf an extra week. They didn't care about anyone.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I feel like it's increasingly obvious that only 14 year old white girls vote on this show since they keep saving the handsome stage dancer even when he doesn't dance and putting all the minorities up for elimination week after week.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It's sad but it's always been like that, not sure what they could do to fix that.

By the way I really dislike Stacey Tookey routines, they bore me to tears.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Anyone else sad that the solos don't end with the SYTYCD jingle?

Just me? Okay. :smith:

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

That would be disrespectful to the Teen Choice Award winning series Empire.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That was a good show folks, I love when the all stars show up.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

Tupping Liberty posted:

Anyone else sad that the solos don't end with the SYTYCD jingle?

Just me? Okay. :smith:

I'm sure it was just for this week since they were using specific music for everyone but it was weird because it's such a staple of the show. I did kind of like it though, it didn't di1stract from the end of the solos.

I can't believe JJ was sent home. I loved her. And I'm still not sure who the hell Derek was other than the fact he was always scared of having to touch the girls he was dancing with.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Between JJ and Megz...that was a real Sophie's choice (I'm using that ironically). I would have been upset to see Megz go and I was upset to see JJ go.

Also gently caress Derek. Edson was awesome. Stupid voters. At least there's no twitter save anymore.

Aladdin
Feb 16, 2011
Yeah Edson shouldn't have gone but at least he went out on a high note like Yorelis. His dance was really great and affecting. I was similarly moved by Virgil's intimate dance with comfort. And it was great to see Gaby get ill. She can really dance it all.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Travis' take on the last episode and the season.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/01/so-you-think-you-can-dance-mentor-blog-travis-wall-top-6

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

All I really have to add is that I still have a stupid huge crush on Robert Roldan 3 seasons later.

Water Resistant
Jul 10, 2003
It's tough this year but I think I have to go with Jaja

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
I reckon the final 4 is pretty fair. I think I probably expected Neptune to be in there but I can't really fault the four that were chosen.

Jaja is still my favourite, bias and all. Though without the bias I probably would have gone for Gaby after she grabbed me on one of her early solo's. She's been great all the way through.

But, if Jaja doesn't win, I'm blaming Christopher Scott. He completely wasted Jaja and Cyrus there. He's pointless.

Really liked Chebeeb's routine. Didnt love the Joshua & Virgil one nearly as much as the judges did.

I've no idea how Travis nails choreography over and over without it ever feeling like a regurgitation of one he's done before. Nearly all the other contemporary routines seem like a rehash of some sort.

And on that note, I reckon Travis was 'mentor' for team stage, Twitch? Probably not so much.

MeKeV fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Sep 9, 2015

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

They had the right top two but in the end Jaja was robbed. Ugh.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Gaby is cool and all but, in my mind, theres no way she could have beaten out Jaja.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I thought Gabby deserved to win but would've been OK with Jaja. I liked this season. I hope it comes back.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

FOX posted:

U THINK YOU CAN DANCE (SYTYCD) for a 13th season that will feature a younger generation of dancers. This season, dancers between the ages of 8-13, who are skilled in various dance styles, such as contemporary, tap, hip-hop, ballroom, animation or breaking, will be paired up with All-Stars to compete for the title of America’s Favorite Dancer. Premiering Monday, May 30 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX, the new season of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE: THE NEXT GENERATION will feature returning host Cat Deeley and returning judges Nigel Lythgoe, Paula Abdul and Jason Derulo.

Ugh...

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Oh god

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Holy poo poo, how is an 8 year old gonna pair with a grown rear end man/woman?!

Never you mind
Jun 5, 2010
Oh please no. Some horribly misguided attempt to steal from the Abby Lee Miller brand? Someone tell them that people who obsess over dancing tweens are not people you want to encourage. Ever.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Is there a new thread for this season? Because I can't watch this without being able to complain with other people. The 10-year-olds dressed in latex or bikinis, dancing with grown men, lyrics like "grind up on it, show him how you ride it," I have no idea what the gently caress anyone involved was thinking.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

This season is loving terrible and doesn't deserve a new thread. Let's just keep resurrecting the good seasons thread. It's what old people think kids like, looks like a Nick Jr show. Who does this even appeal to?

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Paula puked on a kid. That's something.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Bunk Rogers posted:

Paula puked on a kid. That's something.

Wait, what? The minute I read about the kids, I dipped out. Did this actually happen? A google search is telling me a kid puked on Paula.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Looks like she actually got puked on. Not as cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

So disappointed in this season. I have no interest in it, yet for some reason I keep watching. Hopefully when they bring in the all stars it will get better but I'm not holding my breath. I don't want to watch them dance with kids either. When I think back to a good portion of my favorite dances, they would be completely inappropriate to do with kids.

Does anyone know why they did this? We're the rating so low they were risking cancelation if they didn't find a gimmick and change it up?

The only part that I've kind of enjoyed is watching Kat with the kids but that's more because Kat is adorable in anything she does.

Also, kids ballroom and latin dancing makes me uncomfortable.

• Locked thread