Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AdvancesMONKEY
Mar 30, 2010

by Lowtax
Let's say a fellow hurts somebody. To make that somebody feel better society as a whole hurts that fellow. What's the mother loving point?! It doesn't do anything to undo the damage to somebody, and does nothing but let some more sadists get off on the damage to that fellow.

Justice is dumb and there is a reason that most 'intelligent comics' are obsessed with it as an ideal. It's loving dumb poo poo for children who just wanna get off on watching murderers die of lethal injections. Oh dem twitches!

The grand irony is that most everyone engaged with that system, from dudes who laugh at mugshot galleries, to the fuckers who push lethal chemicals into the veins of those who 'deserve it \' deserve to die in pain themselves. They should be killed as examples in mass public spectacles.

Would you be ok with mowing down some fuckers stoning an adulterer with a machinegun? Why should we, as Americans, be ok with that? Why shouldn't we spit in the face of thoes who worship the police or see our 'justice' system as anything but a total embarrassment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
shut up

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Just wanted to pop in to wish you luck with your thread on this auspicious day, OP!

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
eye for an eye biotch

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

guilty until proven guilty

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
no gods no managers *pays fat burnout 70 bucks for an anarchy tattoo*

Great Orb!
Feb 4, 2009
yeah i haven't really been a huge fan of theirs since Cross, hth

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The Justice Gundam is a stupid looking Gundam

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
A little anime joke for all you anime fans out there

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Justice is blind and so has been spared this lovely thread.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
get facefucked OP

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

AdvancesMONKEY posted:

Let's say a fellow hurts somebody. To make that somebody feel better society as a whole hurts that fellow. What's the mother loving point?! It doesn't do anything to undo the damage to somebody, and does nothing but let some more sadists get off on the damage to that fellow.

Justice is dumb and there is a reason that most 'intelligent comics' are obsessed with it as an ideal. It's loving dumb poo poo for children who just wanna get off on watching murderers die of lethal injections. Oh dem twitches!

The grand irony is that most everyone engaged with that system, from dudes who laugh at mugshot galleries, to the fuckers who push lethal chemicals into the veins of those who 'deserve it \' deserve to die in pain themselves. They should be killed as examples in mass public spectacles.

Would you be ok with mowing down some fuckers stoning an adulterer with a machinegun? Why should we, as Americans, be ok with that? Why shouldn't we spit in the face of thoes who worship the police or see our 'justice' system as anything but a total embarrassment?

wow there are a lot of words here

ne1 want to read them ? not me LOL

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

:dogout:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Justice can be a really cool concept but one of the challenges is that different people have different ideas of what constitutes justice. Some people think the death penalty is justified given the heinous nature of certain crimes, while other people think it isn't. Justice is not a perfect solution for strategically coping with human troubles but it can often be satisfying to live in a society that values justice because it gives meaning to individual and collective agency.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Is this another stealth Steven Universe thread?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

my morality is based entirely on the decisions made by Sleeper Service and Lasting Damage and also sometimes Meatfucker

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

boom boom boom posted:

The Justice Gundam is a stupid looking Gundam

i like its high heels and weird unicorn horn an imrovement on the justice system in every way imo

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I know a guy named Justice; he's a bitchmade oval office who got with some hoe and is raising someone else's kids. So this thread was rather triggering making me think of that loving guy

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
all ideas are stupid

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
justice is an ingrained part of the primate brain hth

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
justice owns except their second album wtf was up with that?

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Nigmaetcetera posted:

all ideas are stupid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFNEgdwjEhs

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

AdvancesMONKEY posted:

thats loving dumb since they didn't steal or hurt anybody. You sound like a jabrone, you look like a bird, and soon you will kill yourself

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Consider if you will the image of a fat child falling from a galloping pony. Justice works the same way.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
What if an eye for an eye was meant to be taken literally?

Stealing and murder is ok, just don't poke someones eye out in the process.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Kuato posted:

I know a guy named Justice; he's a bitchmade oval office who got with some hoe and is raising someone else's kids. So this thread was rather triggering making me think of that loving guy

Cuckstice.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

AdvancesMONKEY posted:

idk what this says but and and justice for all is angoddamn good song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92miS5edOao

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

OP it sounds like you are actually very concerned with notions of justice and find the current system to be unjust. If your concern for this is great enough you might even consider a career in debating what is or isn't just and arguing for your opinion on how the system should administer justice.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ifi youre looking for justice, op.. youve come to the wrong place

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP

corpuscollossus posted:

Consider if you will the image of a fat child falling from a galloping pony. Justice works the same way.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The OP is very dumb because he doesn't understand or pretends not to understand any theory of punishment except retributive justice, the dumbest one.

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
thanks for weighing in, Ralp

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I mean retributive justice is a bad idea and we ought to adopt actual rehabiliation and mental healthcare into it but the current system is pretty cool for being grimdark, right?

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

im ggay

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

bobthedinosaur posted:

I mean retributive justice is a bad idea and we ought to adopt actual rehabiliation and mental healthcare into it but the current system is pretty cool for being grimdark, right?

actually there is a lot of programs for rehabilitation and mental healthcare is incorporated(although some argue over prescription of drugs), but it is seen at the juvenile level because they are the easiest to change

adults should know better idiot

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

we should institute urethral sounding as a punishment

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Ramsus posted:

actually there is a lot of programs for rehabilitation and mental healthcare is incorporated(although some argue over prescription of drugs), but it is seen at the juvenile level because they are the easiest to change

adults should know better idiot

I guess this quote fits that perspective,
“It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.”
― Frederick Douglass

as aatrek would say catch 'em when they're young, right?

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
gently caress you op, Justice has p cool music bideos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxu248aD6PY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Ralp posted:

The OP is very dumb because he doesn't understand or pretends not to understand any theory of punishment except retributive justice, the dumbest one.

probations and bans aren't retributive justice?

• Locked thread