Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
JUSTICE!!!!

DEATH TO THE STORMCLOAKS!!!

RALOF MORE LIKE GAYLOF OF RIVERWOOD AM I RITE :v: :shrek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

im def gay

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jackyl posted:

probations and bans aren't retributive justice?

Rarely, and even then, probably not primarily.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
ralps rehabilitating us :mrwhite:

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
"Justice... has been done"

Why does that sound grammatically incorrect?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

AdvancesMONKEY posted:

Let's say a fellow hurts somebody. To make that somebody feel better society as a whole hurts that fellow. What's the mother loving point?! It doesn't do anything to undo the damage to somebody, and does nothing but let some more sadists get off on the damage to that fellow.

Justice is dumb and there is a reason that most 'intelligent comics' are obsessed with it as an ideal. It's loving dumb poo poo for children who just wanna get off on watching murderers die of lethal injections. Oh dem twitches!

The grand irony is that most everyone engaged with that system, from dudes who laugh at mugshot galleries, to the fuckers who push lethal chemicals into the veins of those who 'deserve it \' deserve to die in pain themselves. They should be killed as examples in mass public spectacles.

Would you be ok with mowing down some fuckers stoning an adulterer with a machinegun? Why should we, as Americans, be ok with that? Why shouldn't we spit in the face of thoes who worship the police or see our 'justice' system as anything but a total embarrassment?

You sound pretty judgmental.

dendy crew
Jun 1, 2011

Dendy!, Dendy!, We love Dendy! Dendy - Everyone plays it!

Ralp posted:

The OP is very dumb because he doesn't understand or pretends not to understand any theory of punishment except retributive justice, the dumbest one.

good opportunity for him to face a mod challenge where he must go from board to board, finding those who have been owned and help them evaluate their harm, needs, and means to meet those needs

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
OK, OP, what did you do?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
He was cool in the first Dragon Age but fusing him with Anders was dumb.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I agree OP retributive justice is dumb

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

AdvancesMONKEY posted:

Let's say a fellow hurts somebody. To make that somebody feel better society as a whole hurts that fellow. What's the mother loving point?! It doesn't do anything to undo the damage to somebody, and does nothing but let some more sadists get off on the damage to that fellow.

Justice is dumb and there is a reason that most 'intelligent comics' are obsessed with it as an ideal. It's loving dumb poo poo for children who just wanna get off on watching murderers die of lethal injections. Oh dem twitches!

The grand irony is that most everyone engaged with that system, from dudes who laugh at mugshot galleries, to the fuckers who push lethal chemicals into the veins of those who 'deserve it \' deserve to die in pain themselves. They should be killed as examples in mass public spectacles.

Would you be ok with mowing down some fuckers stoning an adulterer with a machinegun? Why should we, as Americans, be ok with that? Why shouldn't we spit in the face of thoes who worship the police or see our 'justice' system as anything but a total embarrassment?

That's called retribution dumbass, there exist other forms of justice

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ork of Fiction posted:

Just wanted to pop in to wish you luck with your thread on this auspicious day, OP!

same but the opposite

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

dendy crew posted:

good opportunity for him to face a mod challenge where he must go from board to board, finding those who have been owned and help them evaluate their harm, needs, and means to meet those needs

when was the last time there was a mod challenge instead of a banning

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Robo Reagan posted:

when was the last time there was a mod challenge instead of a banning

:effortless:

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

What the gently caress is this? I said no ice!

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

AdvancesMONKEY posted:

drat, you are right, and I respect your opinion and posting.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

it is dumb but not because why you think op

its because we have no free will at all, merely the illusion of free will

everything will just happen anyway so its pointless punishing anyone for it

of course the people doing the punishing have the same totally illusory free will as their targets so its not like they can actually change their minds anyway

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

bobthedinosaur posted:

as aatrek would say catch 'em when they're young, right?

There's a legal term for how the admins & moderators knew aatrek was a pedophile but they made him a mod anyway, its called the "mods knew a priori" and you can use it to win legal cases against most moderators

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

sorry, there's an act of mod clause in there (force gayjeure)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Justice is lost
Justice is raped
Justice is gone
Pulling your strings
Justice is done
Seeking no truth
Winning is all
Find it so grim
So true
So real

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

AdvancesMONKEY posted:

It's loving dumb poo poo for children who just wanna get off on watching murderers die of lethal injections. Oh dem twitches!

don't kink shame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
A man's gotta have a code I have Hammurabi's and thousands of mosquitoes tacked onto my wall.

• Locked thread