Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

tbp posted:

hello. My request is to know the statistical chance of a battleship game to come down to the last "attack". For example I, player a, have two spots left to guess because I hit one of his two battleship spots. He has only one attack left as he has hit my battle ship and only has one open attack left so essentially there is a 50% chance if I win or not. What are the statistical chance this happens and please no trolls.

This is why you're not allowed to play games anymore Timmy. Every drat time we just want a nice family game you have to come up with all this math stuff. Every goddamn time. I am so sick of your bullshit Timmy. Go to your room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

tbp posted:

While the first part of your post was cruel and unnecessary, thank you for the latter part, especially as it was not coupled with a tepid burn that was unhelpful and unkind

"Hello. i am going to copy and paste the question i asked previous in GBS, the forum filled with fuckshit trolls who did not do anything to help me figure out my endeavor. now i turn to thee, math thread, filled with wondrous knowledge of mathematics:"

He called us fuckshit trolls!

Or did we just get trolled? a 2008 can't be this dumb (about the forums, not the battleship thing....hosed if I know about that).

• Locked thread