Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
A lot of us Yanks are dumb, but there a lot of dumb Europeans as well. Why you be hatin' on us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Lot of people gonna say culture or war or w/e but the real reason is jealousy

I'm European and I approve this message

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
they resent being imperial provinces

kind of like teens that hate being dependent on their folks

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Stoat posted:

Lot of people gonna say culture or war or w/e but the real reason is jealousy

Boko Haram
Dec 22, 2008

Hey its all good, I like europeans but we gotta have a beer first

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

SweetKarma posted:

A lot of us Yanks are dumb, but there a lot of dumb Europeans as well. Why you be hatin' on us?
Internet trolling.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
200 years ago their dominance over the world was total and unquestioned and America was nothing more than a distant upstart, and the same was true 100 years ago; to go from that to complete irrelevance and to be so economically, financially, militarily and culturally dominated by an upstart composed of your former underclasses in the last 100 years alone is beyond humiliating and you'll grasp at anything to convince yourself otherwise

to say nothing of the coming Chinese domination, which comes itself only a hundred years after all of the above got together for the Boxer War and the Chinese got facerolled

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Al Cowens posted:

Internet trolling.

I'm honestly not trying to troll or anything. I know that not ALL Europeans hate Americans, but from an American standpoint it's pretty easy to see that there's a general dislike for Americans by Europeans.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I've had a few European roommates and they were all pretty chill.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
bcs after destroying yourself twice in a craze of unfettered nationalism its annoying to watch the new kid on the block spout the same poo poo you did way back when

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

I can openly deny the holocaust anytime I want and they can't. It's illegal there. Simple case of jealously really.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

200 years ago their dominance over the world was total and unquestioned and America was nothing more than a distant upstart, and the same was true 100 years ago; to go from that to complete irrelevance and to be so economically, financially, militarily and culturally dominated by an upstart composed of your former underclasses in the last 100 years alone is beyond humiliating and you'll grasp at anything to convince yourself otherwise

to say nothing of the coming Chinese domination, which comes itself only a hundred years after all of the above got together for the Boxer War and the Chinese got facerolled

Is that what it is. Just basically an inferiority complex?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I dunno, I mean, I have Friends who are American, so its not really hating "Americans".
Perhaps a general reaction to mindless jingoism, randomly declaring war on nouns, that sort of thing,
being the so called "land of the free" with a prison population the size of a small country.

Attempting to export a lovely prude culture worshiping the gun?

But still, lots of Americans are hella chill, I like hanging out here with you, but try to get the leaders of your country under some kind of control, yeah?

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

SweetKarma posted:

I'm honestly not trying to troll or anything.
Not you. Them.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Americans seem to be the only people who nonironically chant their country's name in international competitions

U S A U S A U S A

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Al Cowens posted:

Not you. Them.

Pretty much, it has a surprisingly high success rate too :twisted:

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
The English-speaking US/UK/Canada/Aus internet might as well just be a monoculture. All we've got to diddle about is picayune bullshit like the metric system and the height of the CN Tower and I just chalk that up to internet trolling.

Fluo posted:

Pretty much, it has a surprisingly high success rate too :twisted:
Yep.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fluo posted:

Americans seem to be the only people who nonironically chant their country's name in international competitions

U S A U S A U S A

That's more because USA is a name made to be chanted. If you had one as good you'd be chanting it too.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fluo posted:

A U S A U S

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

That's more because USA is a name made to be chanted. If you had one as good you'd be chanting it too.

Greece, Greece, Greece, Greece

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
A U S A U S

SweetKarma posted:

Greece, Greece, Greece, Greece
That Lil Jon skeet skeet thing he did but with all occurrences of skeet replaced with "Greece"

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Stop making Australians confused.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
why do eskimos always clap their hands three times before sitting down?

why do the dutch hover a few inches off the ground?

why do moon people emit a shrill piercing sound from their eyesockets?

why is OP a human being?

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

staberind posted:

I dunno, I mean, I have Friends who are American, so its not really hating "Americans".
Perhaps a general reaction to mindless jingoism, randomly declaring war on nouns, that sort of thing,
being the so called "land of the free" with a prison population the size of a small country.

But still, lots of Americans are hella chill, I like hanging out here with you, but try to get the leaders of your country under some kind of control, yeah?

The american prison population actually comprises 25% of all prisoners on earth, so you are severely underestimating the inherent irony of "land of the free".

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Jose Mengelez posted:

why do eskimos always clap their hands three times before sitting down?

why do the dutch hover a few inches off the ground?

why do moon people emit a shrill piercing sound from their eyesockets?

why is OP a human being?

I can only answer one of those questions: I stuck my penis in a man's butt.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
They don't hate us. They just aren't lining up to suck our dicks, which to a white American is the same as being hated.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
While "USA USA USA USA!!" may sound good for city name sports team kind of things, I prefer this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_etl_qkelX0

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

staberind posted:

Even with all of that who the gently caress wouldn't want to live here? It's like Vegas, you're bound to get into trouble but you'll have the best time of your life doing it.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
We have a rather obnoxious, brutally imperialist political culture that as of lately has been doing a fantastic job of alienating the rest of the planet with their moral whinging but that's a subject for whatever the next iteration of the crypto-hellthread is. Swiftly on our way to becoming the next HUE HUE HUE HUE Brazilians of the internet.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Al Cowens posted:

We have a rather obnoxious, brutally imperialist political culture that as of lately has been doing a fantastic job of alienating the rest of the planet with their moral whinging but that's a subject for whatever the next iteration of the crypto-hellthread is. Swiftly on our way to becoming the next HUE HUE HUE HUE Brazilians of the internet.

Donald Trump is leading the polls here in the US. So don't feel too bad.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
*in borat voice*: I'm european and back when I lived in the US my accent helped me pick up a lot of girl.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
why do the people in one state hate those in another, op

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

quakster posted:

im in the state of enlightenment and I hate you are posts

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

SweetKarma posted:

Donald Trump is leading the polls here in the US. So don't feel too bad.
I am American.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

quakster posted:

I don't hate people from other states, it's just that some states seem to breed retarded man children. Texas is a good example

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fluo posted:

U S A U S A U S A
it's because all of america is a corporate cult built on brand recognition from the ground up

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Al Cowens posted:

I am American.

Oh, okay. My bad. But I think you get my drift.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

quakster posted:

it's because all of america is a corporate cult built on brand recognition from the ground up

its also because it's super hard to get a good rhytmic chanting meter going for Uz-bek-i-stan or the country "Chad".

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
Nobody cares about America.

Except putin and that dude from iran.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

SweetKarma posted:

Even with all of that who the gently caress wouldn't want to live here? It's like Vegas, you're bound to get into trouble but you'll have the best time of your life doing it.

Have you been to 'Vegas?
I have, My boss decided to scrap the Karaoke bars he had and make one into a strip club.
I went to L.A. & Vegas to translate for him, recruiting women to go to Japan and do their thang.

After chaotic mismanagement in Tokyo & LA, Vegas was at least calm, but like a kind of frenetic, "drank all the coffee waiting for the speed comedown" edgy calm.

• Locked thread