Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Realpost:

We don't hate you. Point of fact Europeans don't even think of you pretty much ever. Just like you get on with your own lives, Europeans do the same. We go to work, come home, go out and meet friends, stay in and watch the telly, whatever. But then on the internet we then come across Americans backslapping each other and how amazeballs they think they are and how everyone is jealous of them and we're like... really? And so we react to that because its obnoxious and basically wrong. Its hard to be jealous of something that is of little consequence to you. Maybe if we were in a brown country that you like to bomb we would think about you and hate you more. I'm sorry you are not as important to our everyday lives as you think you are.

This is basically America on the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTxUKRkOoHM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

SweetKarma posted:

Read the comments on any website that has anything even remotely to do with the US. Foreigners are loving frothing at the mouth with hatred.

I'm a foreigner and I'm not. My friends are foreigners and they're not either. Like I say we got more important poo poo to care about than America. Newsflash tabitha, you are not as important as you think that you are. Sorry.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Ask any European what they think of Americans and they'll be like...

"Oh yeah, Americans, they're mostly pretty cool people but I wish they'd stop banging on about how amazing they are all the time cos I loving hate that"

And then they get back to munching their sausages, croissants etc.

Why not try humility? Clearly being liked is massively important to yall and as far as I can tell it would do wonders for your global image. That and stop bombing brown people.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

SweetKarma posted:

You obviously don't have a whole lot of poo poo to worry about because you're too busy getting butthurt over some American posting on the internet.

Case in point.

Can we not get better ambassador in this thread for USA than an alcoholic buttchugger who wants to beat up his own mum please? It's kind of hard to take you seriously.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

SweetKarma posted:

No, I'm all you've got. Deal with it.

Do you realise what would happen if you came over to England and said about how you wanted to beat up your old mum? You would get loving battered mate. She brought you into the world. What's wrong with you?

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

SweetKarma posted:

Well, I never said I wanted to beat up my mom, but if I did, I'm pretty sure you brits would challenge me to a slap fight.

Yeah you did your a mum-beating doley oval office whod rather chug cough medicine up his arse than get a job driving his lorry.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

SweetKarma posted:

Dems fightin words. Meet me in the school yard at 3pm.

Is that what you said to your old mum?

I don't hate America I just hate you. Nobody likes a mum-beater.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

SweetKarma posted:

Me mum would beat the britches oota meh. Ye may not like America, but me mum will knock yer knickers right off your pantaloons. Ya cheever.

Why won't you drive your loving lorry anyway?

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

SweetKarma posted:

Donna you talk aboot mah lorry. I donna know wut a lorry is, but I haven you talkin ill aboot it.

You said youve got a lorry driving license and you can get a job driving your lorry any time you want but youd rather be dole scum sponging off the state and your own mum who you want to beat up whos so scared of you she drove off in her caravan to get away from you.

Arent you a winner!

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

SweetKarma posted:

Serious Question

What country is actually better than the US? This is taking into account all of the triumphs and pitfalls.

Serious Answer

Best at healthcare: Netherlands
Best at football: Brazil
Best at peace: Iceland
Best at baseball: Cuba
Best at art: France
Best at food: Italy
Best at life expectancy: Japan
Best at hockey: Canada
Best at education: South Korea
Best at being rich: Qatar
Best at democracy: Norway

I guess your probably best at a few things like autism, childhood obesity and gun murder though but good effort anyway

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

this one does not count

by the way you forgot to list GDP

which european country holds the top spot for GDP

it's a country in europe, right? it must be

i didnt just pull that list out my arse it was based on actual facts didnt i just loving tell you it was Qatar?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

GDP per capita does not mean "highest GDP", it means highest average purchasing power across the population

which country has the highest GDP

Newsflash belinda, per capita is the most accurate to look at statistics when comparing different places. I'll tell you why. It's because places have different populations of people. I know that's a hard concept for you to grasp.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

which would matter if the question was "which country has the richest population" instead of "which country is the richest", hope this helps

since apparently you really are a bit thick i'll explain it a bit simpler...

Place A has 100 people and 50 of them are killed by guns.

Place B has a million people and 51 of them are killed by guns.

Which one is the most saferest? if we use your method its Place A but if we go by per capita its Place B. This is why per capita is important when talking about populations of people.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Money is kind of an abstract concept anyway. Can you put a pricetag on a hug or family values or the milk of human kindness? Who cares about have a bajillion beans of this or that.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

SweetKarma posted:

I'm pretty sure loving Nebraska has a higher GDP than you do. And all Nebraska produces is loving corn.

didnt i just say to you i dont care about all that or to put it another way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMxX-QOV9tI

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Zzulu posted:

why does your people always look so poor, america

its because they are, or at least the kiddlies are

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/04/15/map-how-35-countries-compare-on-child-poverty-the-u-s-is-ranked-34th/

sort your poo poo out the usa and stop with the child poverty, its not cool :)

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Zzulu posted:

drat, one wonders where all that wealth they claim they have actually goes

oh they spend it all on bombs to drop on brown countries i think?

feed and clothe your children first america

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

SweetKarma posted:

Not really, Australia is a bunch of inbred criminals, while the US was created because England was too loving dumb to think that the colonies could actually pose a threat. "Oh, look at these stupid colonials, they think they can stand against the might of the British Navy." Well, they did, and it's probably one of the most hilarious and embarrassing defeats in history.

lol at this lorry-dodging mum-beater on his high horse, you would have been shipped off to australia too fyi

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Whorelord posted:

"The British embassy in Washington has apologised after tweeting a picture of a White House cake surrounded by sparklers, "commemorating" the burning of the building 200 years ago.
The US presidential residence was set on fire by British forces in 1814 during the "War of 1812" with the United States.
A number of Twitter users said the embassy's tweet was "in poor taste".
The embassy later said: "Apologies for earlier Tweet."
It added: "We meant to mark an event in history & celebrate our strong friendship today."
'Only sparklers!'
British troops led by Maj Gen Robert Ross attacked and burned public buildings including the Capitol, Washington Navy Yard and the president's mansion during the conflict.
It was the only time that a foreign power has captured and occupied Washington.
The offending tweet on Sunday read: "Commemorating the 200th anniversary of burning the White House. Only sparklers this time!"
The British embassy message, published on its official Twitter account, has been retweeted more than 4,000 times.
One user questioned: "Is this suppose [sic] to be funny"?
Another wrote: "I think this is in extremely POOR TASTE."
An apology was issued on the account two hours after the original message."

im not sure why americans get their knickers in a twist over actual genuine historical poo poo that happened

end of the day its important to acknowledge things that happened so that you can learn from them

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

again: that would matter if the question was about the population and not the country

I'm not asking "in which country is any random person likely to be rich", I'm asking "which country, as a collective entity, is richest"

no you said 'which country is richest'

per capita is how you work out which country is safest and the same applies to richest. if you got a billion people sharing a hundred dollars that doesnt make them live in a richer country than one with a single guy with 99 dollars. use your brain come on.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

lmbo at you literally changing the meanings of words in your brain to avoid having to say america is the richest country in the world

didnt i just post up jessie j price tag up ITT?

i am sad for you that your definition of greatness is measured by dollars and not by cultural and moral richness

p.s. your gonna be so gutted when china overtakes you there in ten years time

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

so first it's "qatar is the richest country in the world, suck it america" and when it's pointed out that you're twisting statistics to say something inaccurate it's "why are you so worried about money man" lmfbo

since jessie j didnt convince you heres a couple more vids that might make you rethink your obsession with capitalism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kGvlESGvbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUhRKVIjJtw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=venzPNvge18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dly6p4Fu5TE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX7MbG6MiQs

Shirley Crabtree fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jul 22, 2015

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

try a different red herring, my only obsession with capitalism is with destroying it

then why are you celebrating being good at capitalism when instead you should be weeping like a teased vagina?

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Firstly to everyone having a spack attack over the Great British royal family, they cost the taxpayer an average of 56 pence per year. That's not even the price of a Mars bar but when you consider all the entertainment provided by Prince Philip's antics not to mention all the lovely tourist revenue generated by all you lot coming over here trying to catch a glimpse of the Queen's in her knick-knocks it's money well spent I should cocoa.

Robo Reagan posted:

every time that guy who gets a boner over making GBS threads on america and defending queen and crown, idk not scrolling up to see his name but his av is some fat guy in spandex, i imagine hes probably one of the unfunny faggots who disliked this vid and had a serious discussion in the comments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UsGEyz_2rE

The 'fat guy in spandex' is none other than the greatest wrestler to have lived, Shirley Crabtree aka Big Daddy.

He literally killed a man in the ring ie Malcom "King Kong" Kirk and you don't see that poo poo on WCW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sDBd6-SGo4

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
in Britain jaywalking isnt a word you just cross whenever and wherever you see a cheeky opening and they wont do you for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Triple A posted:

USA is the best anglophone country, but that doesn't mean much because the rest of the anglosphere is either senile like britain or desperately trying to be relevant for ANYONE like canada

canadans are awesome theyre like a nicer more self-depricating version of americans we like them you could learn a lot from them

• Locked thread