Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Craft Beer and Fantasy Football nerds, shall we try this again?

This is the second iteration of the ISO: Beer League FT: Bolt Cutler Beer Trading Fantasy Football league, where the winners (and loser) receive boxes of local craft beer in the mail at the end of the season. We had a good mix of folks from across the country last year, and some really nice boxes put together by all.

Post in this thread if you're interested in participating again this year in the league. Last year's participants:

Cervixalot - In
Retamnav - In
Swickles
Catfish Noodlin - In
Quantrill
Avenged - In
dphi - In
Zam - In
Broom - In
umop apisdn
Mikey Purp
Trouzorz

Congrats again to last year's winners!
umop apisdn - 6 boxes (1st place)
Mikey Purp - 4 boxes (2nd place + highest season point total)
Retemnav - 1 box (3rd place)
Catfish Noodlin - 1 box (Loser's bracket winner)

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Aug 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I feel morally obligated to express interest in this league. What are the scoring and roster requirements?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I feel morally obligated to express interest in this league. What are the scoring and roster requirements?

Yeah I'm interested if space is open as well. Curious about the same info.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I want to play. Also fix your link in the beer thread.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I want to play. Also fix your link in the beer thread.

Link should be fixed, good catch.

I want to give everyone who played last year the chance to sign up again, but I'm also open to expanding to more teams this year if there's enough interest (seems like there is!).

We did a pretty basic format last year 16 roster spots, QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLX/DST/K with .5PPR, but are't married to that setup.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
My team sucked last year and I vowed not to play again this year but gently caress it, I'm in.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Interested if a spot is open. Craft beer is great!

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
My body is ready for mediocrity again.

I'll continue my strategy of drafting a couple great players, and just sitting on them, making GBS threads up the leaderboards.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?
I'm back in this year, last year was a lot of fun!

Also, we keeping the box minimum $ value the same as last year?

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

I'm back in for another year.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

I'm interested if a spot opens up. I'm from the PNW so my beer would be pretty good, just sayin.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
I'd be interested if you need extra players. I'm from Houston and we have a pretty wide selection of craft breweries.

broom
Aug 29, 2005
In again

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

So there's at least 7 people from last year's league in, and I want to give the rest of last year's crew a chance to re-up this year. I sent a league email out, and will update in a couple of days once everyone has had a chance to RSVP.

We can either fill up any empty spots and expand our roster to up to 16 teams to get as many people involved as possible, or fill up a second league if there's enough interest:

Here's the current list of interested participants (13):

Last year's participants:
Cervixalot
Catfish Noodlin
dphi
Avenged
Retamnav
Zam
broom

New Participants:
Beer
Jota
HatfulofHollow
railroad terror
Wolfy
Prophecy120

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Unfortunately I will not be able to return to the league this year. Please find my spot a good home.

Baldrash
Oct 26, 2005
Football AND craft beer?

I'd like to be involved.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
Pumped for another year of this nonsense. The real question is...

Who's going to draft Adrian Peterson this year?!

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

What's going on with this? When's the draft? Need more info pls.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
So, last year draft order was decided based on beer we were drinking during the draft? Shall we keep it the same?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Hi Guys - just got back from a week of work travel, so sorry for the delay in reply.

I cross-posted the initial proposal to the GWS craft beer thread and the general fantasy thread, and emailed all of last year's league members with a request to login and express interest. I gave everybody plenty of time to reply, and we have a number of returning league members from last year and a batch of newcomers who expressed interest. Here is the full list:

Cervixalot
Retamnav
Catfish Noodlin
Avenged
dphi
Zam
Broom
Beer4theBeerGod
Jota
HatfullofHollow
railroad terror
Wolfy
Prophecy120
Baldrash

Based on this list, we should be able to accomodate everyone into a 14 team league - expanding from last year's 12 teams. There are three people I never heard back from who partook in last year's league, so the first two to get back to me in the next couple of days can still join and we can up it to 16 teams and call it a day.

Before we lock down a date for the draft and finalize the ruleset, I wanted to see if anyone had any interest in stepping up to take on the commissioner's mantle (or just act as a co-commissioner) this year? It's not a ton of work to coordinate (mostly just helping to shape the ruleset by posting in the forums, find a draft date/format and arrange logistics for the box mailing at the end of the year), but I have had an extremely busy month at work (with more travel on the horizon), so I want to make sure I'm not holding us back in getting everything set up and coordinated. Let me know - if not, I will do what I can to get everything rolling so we can have a blast with the league this year.

Everything from last year is already set in the ESPN league. If your name is on the above list and you didn't participate, please PM me your email account associated with an ESPN fantasy account. Those folks are:

Beer4theBeerGod
Jota
HatfullofHollow
railroad terror
wolfy
Prophecy120
Baldrash

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I'm happy to help in any way I can, but last year was the first time I've ever used ESPN for Fantasy Football, and I've never been a commissioner.

So basically I'm more enthusiastic than capable, which certainly describes my Fantasy Football experience in general.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
I would like to get in on this if a spot is open :)

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
How much is one box? One case? One 6 pack?

I miiiight be interested...I'm getting drafting fever and may be getting in over my head with signing up for too many leagues..

Baldrash
Oct 26, 2005
Cervixalot, you have a PM.

I've helped run a 12-team league with real-life friends and family for the last three years, so I wouldn't mind helping out here at all.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

89 posted:

How much is one box? One case? One 6 pack?

I miiiight be interested...I'm getting drafting fever and may be getting in over my head with signing up for too many leagues..

i think last year we did $50 of regionally distributed and/or special release beers.

this'll probably be a bit difficult to do if you don't have any experience trading beer, or at least are a horrible beer need.. Check out the trading thread in GWS:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3443315

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
If I include a homebrew or two is that a bad thing?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Hey guys I think I am going to back out. I am nearing my limit on leagues this year. Sorry.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Hey guys I think I am going to back out. I am nearing my limit on leagues this year. Sorry.
Not sure if this spot is taken yet, but I'm interested.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I would like to join if possible :)

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
No PMs here -- but my ESPN fantasy account is ready to go. email associated with it is xxx at gmail dot com -- cervixalot let me know when you've got it, so I can just edit this page.

I'm pretty flexible on draft dates. Just keep me in the loop.

railroad terror fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Aug 18, 2015

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Sorry to see you go Beer, but understand the problem of league scope creep.

Last year's league champ umop apisdu emailed me and wanted back in, so I added him to the list in beer's spot. We have two more teams waiting to get in, and so long as all are comfortable with a 16 team league (consider this - more beer boxes to go around), we should be good to go. I will invite everyone who has PM'd me info to the league, and if you haven't already, please PM me your ESPN email address.

Participants:
Cervixalot
Catfish Noodlin
dphi
Avenged
Retamnav
Zam
broom
umop apisdu
Jota
HatfulofHollow
railroad terror
Wolfy
Prophecy120
Baldrash
cheese

Edit: Sorry, I missed that 89 raised his hand before TubeStank. 89, still interested in joining? If not, the spot is TubeStank's. Let me know.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Invites sent to HatfulofHollow, railroad terror, Prophecy120 and Baldrash.

Still need Wolfy's info, cheese's info, and whoever ends up being our last member out of 89 and TubeStank.

The other key part of this last year, was that we stipulated that every member of the league had taken part in a BIF, beer trade or been vouched for by another goon who had. Do we want to look at a similar concept this year? I think either this, or a Toxx clause or something should help keep people honest. We had a goon join one of the BIFs who welched on his end of the deal which burned some folks.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
I think Toxx is acceptable? It's getting closer to the start of the season and may be tough to arrange any kind of trade to vouch for new players that might not have traded with anyone on the forum.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
I got the email and joined the league, however I have never done this sort of thing before or done beer trading. The idea sounds really interesting and I have zero desire to welch even if/when I lose horribly. I joined up because Houston has a really wide variety of craft brews that range for delicious to bizarre and it would be neat to share.

That being said, I totally understand if you have someone from the beer thread that wants to participate. As the newbie I wouldn't have my feelings hurt if a regular needs the spot.

Baldrash
Oct 26, 2005
I'm fine with a Toxx, given that I've never done a beer trade on the forums. Magic cards, yes, but never beer.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Was I supposed to get an email? Nothing came through

I'm neufpas at gmail just in case something got messed up.

Prophecy120 posted:

I have never done this sort of thing before or done beer trading.

Fill a box with $50 worth of Yellow Rose.

deedee megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 18, 2015

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Cervixalot posted:

Invites sent to HatfulofHollow, railroad terror, Prophecy120 and Baldrash.

Still need Wolfy's info, cheese's info, and whoever ends up being our last member out of 89 and TubeStank.

The other key part of this last year, was that we stipulated that every member of the league had taken part in a BIF, beer trade or been vouched for by another goon who had. Do we want to look at a similar concept this year? I think either this, or a Toxx clause or something should help keep people honest. We had a goon join one of the BIFs who welched on his end of the deal which burned some folks.

I'll Toxx myself since I admittedly have not participated in any forum-trading.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Message landed in my spam folder. I'm in now. Brace yourselves. Throwing Bud Lites At Santa is going all the way this year.

umop apisdn
May 22, 2003
upside down
Just got back from my honeymoon, and wedding season where I refrained from drinking or talking about beer for 2+ months... So needless to say I am in and ready to take all of your beer again this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
We should probably try to nail down a draft day sooner than later - any days that don't work for people next week?

• Locked thread