Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I'm on east cost time and my only bad nights are Tuesday and Thursday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Thanks for coordinating dates, dphi - much appreciate the help. I can be free pretty much any weeknight next week, preferably around the 7:00 CT timeframe, but can do earlier with enough notice.

Baldrash
Oct 26, 2005
I have another draft on Thursday, but any other evening works for me.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
Mondays and Wednesdays are great for me. I do have another draft on Wednesday though...Anyone know if you can do two simultaneous drafts on ESPN?

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

Avenged posted:

Mondays and Wednesdays are great for me. I do have another draft on Wednesday though...Anyone know if you can do two simultaneous drafts on ESPN?

I don't see why not, you can do multiple mocks at the same time.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

So 89 is out, which means TubeSteak is the next man up. Assuming everyone who volunteered is still in, we've got our 16. Let me know ASAP if you do not want to participate.

If you haven't already, please PM me your ESPN email account so I can invite you to the league.

Post your availability for next two weeks in the evening if you haven't already, so we can lock down a draft date sooner rather than later.

While I'm generally an auction fan, I'm cool with doing a snake draft unless there are any major objections.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Hey cool! I'll pm my email to you. I can do most weeknights after 8 (super erratic work schedule means I rarely leave at 5 pm). Weekends I can do pretty much whenever other than this upcoming weekend.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

TubeStank posted:

Hey cool! I'll pm my email to you. I can do most weeknights after 8 (super erratic work schedule means I rarely leave at 5 pm). Weekends I can do pretty much whenever other than this upcoming weekend.

Timezone? Also, invite sent.

A few of you are taking over slots from departed league members from last year, so feel free to rename the team or whatever.

Just waiting on email addresses from Wolfy and Cheese - send them my way and I'll send you an invite.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Central. If anyone else is in chicago lemme know so we don't have too much beer overlap. Good probability I can include some Wisconsin stuff too.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

TubeStank posted:

Central. If anyone else is in chicago lemme know so we don't have too much beer overlap. Good probability I can include some Wisconsin stuff too.

Both me and umop asidn are also from Chicago, but plenty of beer to go around :)

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
So far it's looking like Monday or Wednesday, 6pm PST would work for several people. Speak up if these times/days won't work for anyone.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?
Works for me!

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Only day that doesn't work for me is Monday the 31st. Any other day/time is good.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
A monday at 6PM PST is fine for me. Or Wednesday.

railroad terror fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Aug 21, 2015

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

It's looking like these are the potential dates where everyone is available: 8/24, 8/26, 9/2, 9/7 or 9/9 at 6PM PST

Do any of those dates not work for anyone? Does anyone have a preference either way?

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

I'm cool with all of those.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

HatfulOfHollow posted:

It's looking like these are the potential dates where everyone is available: 8/24, 8/26, 9/2, 9/7 or 9/9 at 6PM PST

Do any of those dates not work for anyone? Does anyone have a preference either way?

8/24 and 8/26 are best for me due to work travel conflicts the other days.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I'm good with those first two dates.

I'm EST, how late will this probably run? I know we probably can't do it earlier to be fair for West coast people

Baldrash
Oct 26, 2005
Most of those are fine for me except 9/2 and (maybe) 9/7 because of vacation.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
8/24 is best for me. 8/26 I have another draft, but could potentially do both.

I do prefer snake (only because I've never done an auction draft), but I don't care really. I'm just looking forward to sending someone another box and holding onto great players while keeping barely above .500.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Let's go with 8/24. I have a meeting that usually runs late on 8/26 so the 24th works best for me, and seems to work for everyone else as well.

Not sure how we want to decide the draft order this time around, any suggestions?

Catfish - I've never done a 16-person draft but I imagine it'll take a few hours. As long as you're there for the first half you should probably be good. I don't know, seems like most leagues I get into end up getting won by auto-drafters anyway.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Can we get 16 people into boardgame online? That would be a stupid and fairly quick way of deciding draft order.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Except gets on Skype video chat. Draft order determined by fastest chug.

Really sets the tone for the rest of the night.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Except gets on Skype video chat. Draft order determined by fastest chug.

Really sets the tone for the rest of the night.

I love this idea, however its ripe for shenanigans since the later round picks are generally considered better this year than early picks.

I always liked the idea of a 16 person Smash Brothers CPU tournament, but I guess the game only allows 8 characters to fight at a time.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I'm happy with whatever is fair and most fun to choose but it might be a pain in the rear end for whoever is running it over an online draft order generator

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

8/24 should work for me.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

PM sent with email, I'm bad sorry. 8/24 is a good day for me. I'm also down for these zany draft order ideas, but wouldn't be opposed to just doing a random draft order.

TubeStank posted:

Can we get 16 people into boardgame online? That would be a stupid and fairly quick way of deciding draft order.
You can.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
I might not have enough time to commit to a crazy draft order thing before monday.

broom
Aug 29, 2005
Glad I just checked this thread, tomorrow at 6pm PST will work for me!

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
So tomorrow, 6pm pst?

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Sounds good! What are we all drinking for the draft?

Thinking about breaking out some Two Roads tonight.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Hey guys, sorry about my lack of replying - have had family in town all weekend and other than scooping up Ty Montgomery/Jeff Janis off waivers in my dynasty league, I haven't been able to do much fantasy football planning-wise until now.

I am still waiting on Cheese's info before I can send him an invite to the league, but I just followed up with him via PM to try and get it. I also sent out a league reminder that the draft is planned for tonight at 6 PST. Check your spam inbox and make sure to whitelist ESPN to avoid missing future emails.

If we have more than 1 or 2 people missing/unable to make it, might be worth looking at postponing (and I can try and change my schedule up to be more available).

Let's stick with last year's settings (barring any major objections) which were as follows:

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
RB/WR/TE
D/ST
K
7 Bench slots

.5 PPR, 4 PaT. Check out defense settings on the league settings page. Will kill trades around week 11, and the only thing I'd recommend changing is removing waiver priorities and going $100 FAAB. For those who haven't done Free Agent Auction Budget before, you place silent bids on players each week and the winner claims them. I believe we can set it to look at reverse standings for tie breaking.

Any other must have/change settings?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

For draft order, last year we did a convoluted process where everyone posted the beer they'd be drinking that evening, and we had the GWS mod (Bartolimu) order them based on a set of criteria we agreed upon selected from a random list, I think it was most crushable summer beers?

I'd suggest we do something more simple this year, whether it be randomized order or something to do with beer, open to suggestions.

Also, we currently have this scheduled as a Snake Draft, but I'm open to feedback about making it auction instead if folks would prefer that.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
I'm cool with Snake draft, and I'm a fan of FAAB, FWIW

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

Snake draft and FAAB works for me. If you are going to do something other than random draft order, you better do it quick.

Edit: I'll be enjoying some Saint Arnold Weedwacker this evening.

Prophecy120 fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Aug 24, 2015

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Dunno what faab is but sure!

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

TubeStank posted:

Dunno what faab is but sure!

FAAB is basically, like, instead of putting in a waiver claim for a player you like, you "bid" on them. You have $100 at the start of the season. Let's say CJ Anderson goes down in Week 1 (please god no please god no) and both Ronnie Hillman and Montee Ball are available on the waivers. You may bid a large portion of that $100 if you expect Hillman to grab the starting RB gig and carry it the rest of the season.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

FAAB sounds like a good way to make me mad at my computer.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

HatfulOfHollow posted:

FAAB sounds like a good way to make me mad at my computer.

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

So once you spend all of your $100 on the 4th string Packers wideout and the 4th string Cowboys running back.. you are just out of money for free agents for the rest of the season?

• Locked thread