Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Melmac posted:

huge frontpage article on CNN today about how terribly McDonald's is doing

no one goes there any more

lol i clicked the cnn article to watch this... scrolled down to read, video started autoplaying. clicked pause on the video, it loaded me to a new article and a new video started autoplaying

i cannot believe how lovely that website is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

you know they're doing absolutely like poo poo if they actually think their oil coated breakfasts will save them.

Whataburger has defeated you Mcd.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Melmac posted:

huge frontpage article on CNN today about how terribly McDonald's is doing

no one goes there any more

quote:

That announcement had a lot of marketing gobbledygook phrases like "modern progressive burger company." But it left many analysts wondering: Where's the beef? That was a famous old slogan from rival Wendy's (WEN).

lmao someone was paid to write this

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tubesock posted:

can i get a cheeseburger with no cheese?

if you ask for a cheeseburger with no burger they'll call the manager and get pissed off at you

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Nonsense posted:

you know they're doing absolutely like poo poo if they actually think their oil coated breakfasts will save them.

Whataburger has defeated you Mcd.

McD's breakfast reigns supreme. Whataburger doesnt serve their brekky sammich on ENglish Muffin

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
I remember once I was getting mcdonalds with a friend and his mom ordered a single piece of cheese, warm. Got it in a plastic salad container.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

To be honest if you ask them to hold the mayo you probably have about a 50/50 chance of them actually giving you a sandwich without mayo.

On two different occasions, I ordered one of those premium chicken sandwiches at my local McD's drive through, and got home to find no meat on it. Just a bun with lettuce, mayo, and tomato.

Since then I've just ordered burgers because chicken is apparently just too complicated.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Arkanomen posted:

I remember once I was getting mcdonalds with a friend and his mom ordered a single piece of cheese, warm. Got it in a plastic salad container.

AtkinsŪ Approved.

Lotophage
Apr 26, 2015

by Lowtax

Whirlwind Jones posted:

http://hackthemenu.com/mcdonalds/secret-menu/land-sea-and-air-burger/

lmao not only do they think that chickens fly, but the way you "hack" the menu and order this "secret" item is to order each item individually and then assemble it yourself once your three sandwiches arrive. :holy:

Lol.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

McD's breakfast reigns supreme. Whataburger doesnt serve their brekky sammich on ENglish Muffin

I'm a degenerate in love with BOB's

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm going to go to McDonald's tonight because I hate myself. I'm going to make a McGangbang. I have a feeling it isn't going to look as wonderfully glamorous as is does in the hackthemenu picture.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Huh, I know it's just a McDouble and a McChicken. Two things that I order together sometimes. However, putting it together increased the goodness exponentially. It had the side effect of increasing the pathetic sadness exponentially as well though.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
It's dumb though, they tell you its the secret menu, but to order them seperately yourself and then you put them together.

The gently caress, that isn't secret menu anything.

They also have Chili Cheese Burrito as a secret menu item for Taco Bell.

No, it's right on the loving menu, it's been around since Taco Bell started.

I am angry at the internet right now. Really angry.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah, they also listed the 2 cheeseburger meal as a hack and I pointed out earlier it's been on the menu forever.

I also looked at the Taco Bell page. They list the Verde sauce packet as a hack. As in... just grab the hot sauce packet and use it and that's a hack somehow. :confused:

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
Burger King also has secret biscuits and gravy that is not on the menu. They do around here, anyway. It used to be on the breakfast menu, then it was taken off, but they still have it every time I ask.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
#lifehack to add years to your life simply never eat at a McDonalds because it's basically poison.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Chomp8645 posted:

#lifehack to add years to your life simply never eat at a McDonalds because it's basically poison.

An increasing amount of people are already doing this, that why McD's is in trouble.

Quellar
Dec 21, 2007
quit staring at me
I don't eat out that often but I have a great Lifehack for you goons. If you order fries with no salt from Mcdonalds they'll make a fresh batch. Mmm mmmm.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
As an employee at Starbucks people are loving stupid with this secret menu poo poo. I can combine any flavors for you or add god drat caramel drizzle if you really want it, but if you come in and ask for some poo poo like a shamrock latte or captain crunch frap you're just gonna look like a loving idiot.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

The McDiddler: order a big mac combo and a cheeseburger happy meal, dump out the happy meal and insert your adult sized lunch. keep the toy, or toss it! #lifehack #imlovinit #blacklivesmatter

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

How is this news? I could have told you this poo poo when I was 15 and worked there.

E:

Over There posted:

As an employee at Starbucks people are loving stupid with this secret menu poo poo. I can combine any flavors for you or add god drat caramel drizzle if you really want it, but if you come in and ask for some poo poo like a shamrock latte or captain crunch frap you're just gonna look like a loving idiot.

Also this. If you tell them what you want basically any employee at any place like this can combine anything if you're willing to pay for it. But no one knows your special cute little names.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
hack the planet.

HACK THE PLANET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Over There posted:

I'd like to see this happen. I would like to see someone come into a place and be like, "Yeah, I'm ready to order. I want" and then he looks from side to side, leans in, and whispers "an Old Bozo." The cashier just looks bewildered and is like what and he's all wink wink an Old Bozo you know I'm cool I know what's up and the other cashiers are exchanging confused and somewhat scared looks until the guy finally just gives up and like wanders away.

I want to be there when it happens and live through it.

Quellar
Dec 21, 2007
quit staring at me

burritolingus posted:

I'd like to see this happen. I would like to see someone come into a place and be like, "Yeah, I'm ready to order. I want" and then he looks from side to side, leans in, and whispers "an Old Bozo." The cashier just looks bewildered and is like what and he's all wink wink an Old Bozo you know I'm cool I know what's up and the other cashiers are exchanging confused and somewhat scared looks until the guy finally just gives up and like wanders away.

You should just do it yourself. And you can come back and tell us about it.

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
Grill orders are not really all that secret but key to getting decent food.

Ask for a slightly different variation of a product (my go to is a double cheese burgers with no pickles/pickles on the side) and they are forced to make one fresh instead of getting one from the "warmer."

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Thunder Moose posted:

Grill orders are not really all that secret but key to getting decent food.

Ask for a slightly different variation of a product (my go to is a double cheese burgers with no pickles/pickles on the side) and they are forced to make one fresh instead of getting one from the "warmer."

Or you could just ask them to please make it fresh, and no you don't mind having to wait a bit. :shrug:

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

I used to work with a guy and every time we went to lunch somewhere with fries he would wait until he got his fries and say, "These are old can I get fresh fries", and he always did cuz he was nice about it.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
prank #358: throw your food on the floor at McDonald's

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
I ordered a "Trayvon Martin". It's one of the black Japan cheeseburgers with holes in it.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
The McLife Crisis

Awkwardly flirt with the high school aged girl behind the counter while you order the fanciest thing on the menu...probably a caesar salad.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
One of those secret menu things is now a promotional/seasonal burger over here in Latvia.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
mcdonalds bad burger; carl's jr and whataburger much much MUCH better burger (and breakfast)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

burritolingus posted:

That's what I mentioned earlier. I'll order the poo poo and assemble it myself. I'm not about to ask some 16 year old girl for some of this crazily named poo poo.

Psstt.... Hey. Hey. Can I get uh........ can I get a McGangbang?

:siren::siren::siren:

poo poo.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
The McSizone

decide after work that you're going to try and get a poor man's big mac from the mcdonalds by the airport. order a double cheese burger, dry, add big mac sauce and shredded lettuce. have dumb order taker flub each of those simple components no less than three times before getting the order right. realize that adding lettuce is 40 cents and adding big mac sauce is 50 cents effectively negating most of the cost savings. get your burger and find that none of the substitutions were done and they handed you a regular double cheeseburger right off the line. fume in anger until you realize they also, inexplicably, put in a small order of fries.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Where are the Five Guys and Fries menu hacks?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Where are the Five Guys and Fries menu hacks?

Here it is. You find things like the amazingly secret Well Done Fries.

BTW, I'm only in this thread and making terrible decisions like making the McGangbang last night because I'm in a bipolar down cycle. I literally forget what it is to feel happy when I'm on a down. I know I've felt it before and it will probably return (too much in fact), but it's impossible to look forward to life at all.

When I care about life I don't even eat fast food because as someone else mentioned, McDonald's is pretty much body poison. I'm making these sacrifices for you guys. Please, don't thank me.
:smithicide:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Does bi polar also gently caress with your ability to tell when it's appropriate to share?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Does bi polar also gently caress with your ability to tell when it's appropriate to share?

Very much so in fact. It's one of the main ways relationships get ruined. My relationship with GBS is expendable though.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Huh, I never knew that. Things I never expected to learn in the McDonald's thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

this is a mitch hedberg joke from 10 years ago

• Locked thread