Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

yoyodyne posted:

I may just have to get a hot dog at five guys burgers and fries tomorrow.

They make good ones, on a griddle no less. I wonder if they use proprietary wieners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Alright, our patience has paid off..... the big day is finally here! Breakfast is too early for a hotdog--or is it??

Who's having a hot dog today?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

How do I make a good hot dog?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i want to die

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Currently waiting anxiously for my delicious dogs!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Over There posted:

PREMIUM so you know its good

unlike non-premium

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Over There posted:

Nice! Post a piccy of the dogs when you get em plz

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Pan fry your dogs on a buttered skillet with some chopped up onion.

It makes cheap dogs taste good and good dogs taste amazing.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Nice! Post a piccy of the dogs when you get em plz

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
Hot dogs are unironically one of my favorite foods.

Right behind a good hot lobster roll, or a big rare steak.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Hell yeah

Sonic's is a bit of a drive but might be worth it for $1 premium dogs

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
when is the hotdog eating contest? I like it when Joey Chestnut wins cause he is my hometown hero

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

There's a Sonic across the street from my house, my father and I love hot dogs so he's going to stop by my house and then we're gonna walk over to Sonic for $1 hot dogs, I can't wait!

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Xenomrph posted:

There's a Sonic across the street from my house, my father and I love hot dogs so he's going to stop by my house and then we're gonna walk over to Sonic for $1 hot dogs, I can't wait!

Wow wish I could join you

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
i wish that we could all join you and your father for $1 hot dogs across the street at sonic

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

FIRST TIME posted:

Pan fry your dogs on a buttered skillet with some chopped up onion.

It makes cheap dogs taste good and good dogs taste amazing.

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com
Guess I am going to go support one of my customer and visit one of their thirteen Sonic locations, happy hour starts in an hour or so guess I will get me some half priced drinks as well.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i always thought sonic food was hot garbage but their drinks were really good

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
im about to microwave a vegetarian corndog to celebrate this great holiday with you all

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Someone send this through Google's dream thingy

bustercasey
Apr 9, 2012
Gary’s Answer

Some rare dogs, warm out of the microwave.

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com
Uhh, so ordered four, got five:

Guess it is time to dine.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
drat, I could go for a Chicago dog right now.

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

I paid $10 to change some guys avatar to an Oblivion Elf with giant tits just to steal this gif
drat man, I'm on the wrong side of the pond. I love hotdogs. When's International hotdogs day?

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com
I feel dead inside.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
What I need to know is will Doobie shut up shop for this national holiday?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ultimately though a nice brat is way better

hot off the grill in a brötchen, some mustard maybe some sauerkraut

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
Nathan's are better than Hebrew National. I always bought HN until a year ago and did not want to believe this fact to be true. Then I bought Nathan's on a whim and they are just better. No reason to really argue about it. They are both good dogs, but Nate took it to a nutha dog level. Thanks for listening to my personal opinion.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

drunkb posted:

Nathan's are better than Hebrew National. I always bought HN until a year ago and did not want to believe this fact to be true. Then I bought Nathan's on a whim and they are just better. No reason to really argue about it. They are both good dogs, but Nate took it to a nutha dog level. Thanks for listening to my personal opinion.

I value your input, and I will act upon it the next time I purchase hotdogs.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah, I'm from Wisconsin and brats are kind of a thing here. You have to boil them in beer first. I fry onions and add garlic and other spices to the beer then use the onions for topping on the brat. Also a really good brown mustard too.

The grocery store here got rid of their meat counter for the summer and fills it with 32 different types of brats that the butcher makes. Stuff like apple/cheddar, cranberry something, all different types of spiciness, etc.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

I value your input, and I will act upon it the next time I purchase hotdogs.

Hot dog life choices can be tough. Just glad to be of assistance.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Bone_Enterprise posted:

I feel dead inside.

so you're going to post "July 23rd, 2015" as the day you died inside in the "what day did you die inside" thread?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

ultimately though a nice brat is way better

hot off the grill in a brötchen, some mustard maybe some sauerkraut

gently caress yeah

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Brats are delicious, of course but I feel the frankfurter enjoys the following advantages:

1) Provides a better background for toppings. Brats are savory enough to be enjoyed alone, maybe w a shtikel of mustard
2) Frankfurters are better for buns

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

so you're going to post "July 23rd, 2015" as the day you died inside in the "what day did you die inside" thread?

I can't even.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Brats are delicious, of course but I feel the frankfurter enjoys the following advantages:

1) Provides a better background for toppings. Brats are savory enough to be enjoyed alone, maybe w a shtikel of mustard
2) Frankfurters are better for buns

true, both have their place, but if you had to make me pick I'd have to go with bratwurst. also, you just need to get specialized brat buns to contain bratwurst with

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Ok, strong opinion, but that's alright.

How do you account for the fact that jsut about every hot dog eatery steams/boils their dogs?

In Europe we grill our hot dogs.

I secretly prefer boiled ones though, so I longingly stare into space whenever grilled ones are being made, thinking of the boiled hot dog I had while on vacation in the u s of a

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

true, both have their place, but if you had to make me pick I'd have to go with bratwurst. also, you just need to get specialized brat buns to contain bratwurst with

Like a Kaiser roll? Idk, if I'm eating brats I'll do them w tater salad (no mayo) or pan fried potatoes like these:

Brats are more of a standalone meat item for me. With that being said, I respect my fellow goons that prefer eating them in buns. God Bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Nooner posted:

when is the hotdog eating contest? I like it when Joey Chestnut wins cause he is my hometown hero

Dude is a scrub and gets beat by no name walk ups and the Tobyashi dude.

Also, Nathan's dogs are the worst.

• Locked thread