Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."
Problem description: Computer keeps BSODing. Here's a screenshot from BlueScreenView. Let me know if you need another screenshot.

Attempted fixes: Windows is up to date. GPU drivers are up to date.

Recent changes: None

Operating system: Windows 7, 64-bit

System specs: ASUS N55SF laptop, i7-2670QM, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M - I'm also running an external monitor. Since I've had this laptop, I've constantly had trouble with it whenever I run an external monitor.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

TheAngryDrunk fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jul 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
I'd dust out all the vents and fans with a canned air duster, making sure that there are no dust bunnies clogging airflow through the heatsink. After this, verify the system can complete at least one full pass of Memtest86+ without errors, and that Crystal Disk Info doesn't show Caution or Bad. If that looks good, I'd suggest uninstalling your graphics drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller then installing the latest drivers.

• Locked thread