Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rj54x
Sep 16, 2007
If you have to make a ton, oven.

Otherwise, in a pan.

If you microwave bacon, please kill yourself, like seriously you're just the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Id get my bacon spatter all over that.Yum-O.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Vargs posted:

if you microwave bacon you are a giant piece of poo poo. do you cook your burgers in the microwave too

hmm just bought these steaks time to toss them in the microwave because i am a trash garbage person that should be put down

I knew someone was going to post this like they knew what they were talking about but even actual restaurant chefs usually microwave bacon if they want it extra crispy for a bisque or something, idiot who is uninformed about cooking

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

rj54x posted:

If you have to make a ton, oven.

Otherwise, in a pan.

If you microwave bacon, please kill yourself, like seriously you're just the worst.

You too, you're dumb and don't know what you're talking about. It's a legit non faggoty way to prepare bacon if you want it really crispy and not greasy for something

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Goons always have super strong opinions about food despite being idiot birches about any process of actually making it

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

criscodisco posted:

Oven is nice if it's for sandwiches because it comes out of the oven nice and flat, and it only takes about 20 minutes at 400F.

Cast iron for everything else, especially if it's crumbled bacon, as you can keep the grease in the pan and cook your other ingredients in it. Very useful for biscuits or eggs or corn.
You can put a cast iron skillet in the oven, its not illegal or anything.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

zedprime posted:

You can put a cast iron skillet in the oven, its not illegal or anything.

Of course, but I tend to use the oven for larger quantities, so I use a cast iron griddle/grill top that's intended to sit across two burners.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Whole lot of people not getting into the promised land up in this thread.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
In a pan, that way there's delicious bacon grease for eggs or refried beans.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Aesop Poprock posted:

Goons always have super strong opinions about food despite being idiot birches about any process of actually making it

Im surprised nobody has mentioned how they get diarrhea from bacon

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Microwave, but only if by that you mean it's cooked on Microwave's Mom's hot rear end tits.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

DaveSplitter posted:

Microwave, but only if by that you mean it's cooked on Microwave's Mom's hot rear end tits.

I think that is what he meant ya

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser
Heat a pan, microwave it, toss it on the pan

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
1. Put bacon in pan
2. Put pan in microwave
3. Put microwave in preheated oven
4. Turn on microwave and use the sparks and flames from the metal pan to cook the bacon
5. Extinguish the flames, slather charred bacon remnants with Sriracha, enjoy.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

criscodisco posted:

Very useful for biscuits or eggs or corn.

One of these is not like the other. I'm confused.

Having breakfast? Ok biscuits, check... eggs, check.... corn? What like corn on the cob? Frozen corn? Canned corn?

I've used 3 devices to make corn. If it's corn on the cob then I use a grill or boil it. Canned/frozen I use a pot. I'll use a microwave to heat up leftover corn. I can't say I've ever had corn for breakfast and I'm in the midwest, where they make corn.

When does a pan and corn ever happen? .

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Having breakfast? Ok biscuits, check... eggs, check.... corn? What like corn on the cob? Frozen corn? Canned corn?

I've used 3 devices to make corn. If it's corn on the cob then I use a grill or boil it. Canned/frozen I use a pot. I'll use a microwave to heat up leftover corn. I can't say I've ever had corn for breakfast and I'm in the midwest, where they make corn.

during the cucking :whitewater:

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Easy. Cut the kernels from about 6 ears of corn. Chop up a handful of green onions and a few red bell peppers, and a habanero or two.. Cook up some bacon until crisp, chop and set aside. Pour out about half of your bacon grease, and add a good sized knob of butter. On med-high heat, cook the corn, the white part of your onions and peppers together while stirring until it's started to get char marks on it and the corn is making popping noises. While it's cooking, season well with salt, pepper, smoked paprika and chipotle chili powder. Turn off heat, add the chopped green parts of your green onions and a hefty portion of crumbled queso fresco. Stir, allowing the cheese to melt somewhat, stir in the chopped bacon.

That's some yummy corn that makes a good side dish to a steak with a baked potato or whatever else you'd like it with.

That's how corn meets a pan and bacon grease.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
i'm convinced that microwaving bacon is just one of those internet memes because i can't wrap my mind around the thought process that it would take one to think "hmm yes imma put this bacon into a microwave this is not an insane+retarded thing to do"

Aesop Poprock posted:

You too, you're dumb and don't know what you're talking about. It's a legit non faggoty way to prepare bacon if you want it really crispy and not greasy for something

if you don't want greasy then why the gently caress are you eating bacon. also bacon that's super crispy rather than still having some tenderness is a goddam waste

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I cook my bacon with a magnifying glass. It takes a little longer than other methods but I've got the carbon footprint of 19th century Chinese babe.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Boil

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

criscodisco posted:

That's how corn meets a pan and bacon grease.

Well poo poo, that doesn't sound half bad. I loving hate corn now unless it's buttered corn on the cob. I think seeing endless fields of it and knowing that corn (syrup) is in almost every loving single thing Americans eat has really gotten to me. I've only ever really had corn 100% plain though which is might be part of the problem.

I don't know why but I never looked at is an an ingredient. More as a complete simple side dish. I suppose doing stuff with it and adding things remedies that. Who knew? :shrug:

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
That's understandable. I de-tassled corn for two summers in high school, and didn't eat corn for years because the smell made me gag.

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

cast iron all the way and if you're not saving the delicious grease for later to make like eggs or a badass roux well then i just don't know

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013
Wait, you can microwave bacon? Whatever gently caress that, fry it and cook eggs in the grease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
crispy bacon is overcooked

people who like crispy bacon aren't true fans of bacon

you don't get the full bacon flavor

• Locked thread