Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I go to Planet Fitness and I know it's not the cool hipster gym to use or whatever but there's one in walking distance of my place so I don't even need to use the locker room. I'm not into body building or power lifting so they have everything I would want in a gym except for a pool, and the membership fees are even cheaper than the Y. Where do you guys go to work out? Have you ever seen something funny there, like a dude using the leg spreader machine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Lifetime Fitness, and unfortunately im too focused on not making ugly faces in case the hot soccer moms are watching me to notice anyone else

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

a bay posted:

I go to Planet Fitness and I know it's not the cool hipster gym to use or whatever but there's one in walking distance of my place so I don't even need to use the locker room. I'm not into body building or power lifting so they have everything I would want in a gym except for a pool, and the membership fees are even cheaper than the Y. Where do you guys go to work out? Have you ever seen something funny there, like a dude using the leg spreader machine?

Planet Fitness is pretty good if you just want to tell people you exercise but not actually do anything

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
A smallish locally owned one that my girlfriend works out of. Doesn't have a pool, but the machines are clean and it doesn't smell like sweat and drakkar so I like it

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
my gym is called OPs moms butt and im in there every day

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
The leg spreader is a great way to waft your crotch-musk across the gym, especially on planet fitness' free pizza days, you can waft while you eat. I don't really know why you would go to a gym if not to use the leg spreader.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I go to the gym of doing manual labor outdoors like a man.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
The big, downtown Lifetime. It has some really nice facilities.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Rando posted:

I go to the gym of doing manual labor outdoors like a man.

what kind of labor?

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Crossfit

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Whoa there is a whole planet of fitness? Or is that one o fthe fake ones like Pluto OP?

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

dad gay. so what posted:

what kind of labor?

Manual.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

planet fitness whole pizza in my mouth

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
There was a small local gym about a mile from my house that I used to ride my bike to at night. It was open 24 hours and was usually empty around 11:00pm, which was great.

They closed in January and I've put on about 12 pounds since then.

Baxter fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jul 23, 2015

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
Gyms are just an excuse for gay guys to get sweaty and take showers together.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Baxter posted:

I've put on about 12 pounds since then.

what'shis name

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

smg77 posted:

Gyms are just an excuse for gay guys to get sweaty and take showers together.

You can also lift weights.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Rando posted:

Manual.

like chopping wood? digging holes?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I do not exercise.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
My town's gym at our civic center. It's free and open everyday. It gets me big.

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

social vegan posted:

what'shis name

The name of the gym? It was 24-Fitness or something generic like that.

I have not given a name to the 12 pounds.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Zeroisanumber posted:

You can also lift weights.

if by weights you mean dicks I'm sold

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I was going to the gym at my university but all the buff young studs kept razzin' me about my pathetic noodle arms and half-hearted squat depth, so now I go to a ymca frequented mainly by the elderly.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Rando posted:

Manual.

Giving hand jobs to the mexicans behind the home depot doesn't count as manual labor Rando...

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

dad gay. so what posted:

like chopping wood? digging holes?

Sometimes one, sometimes the other, sometimes both if a section of fence has been trampled. And at the end of a long day I can wipe the soil and saw dust seasoned sweat of my labor from my brow and think to myself "thank christ for a day job".

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

bet u could see a lot of old greek dick heree

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

what prison are you in?

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nooner posted:

Giving hand jobs to the mexicans behind the home depot doesn't count as manual labor Rando...

lol @ the guy that doesn't know the day laborers behind the home depot are the ones selling five buck HJ's

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

social vegan posted:

bet u could see a lot of old greek dick heree

Ayy lmao

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

a bit of feta and some olives u could toss a whole greek dick salad

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I just go to the YMCA

DonJNavarro
Aug 16, 2000
I am so smart!....S-M-R-T!

:dukedog:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ4EraZBB00

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I just work on my hand grip strength mostly, aided by streaming videos and lotion.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Is there really a free pizza day at Planet Fitness?

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

my gym is just called the gym. its open 24hrs for some reason

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

a bay posted:

I go to Planet Fitness

Any stories?

Ever set off the Lunk AlarmTM? Maybe breathed too hard in the Judment Free ZoneTM?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
because of crippling social anxiety I've built my own home gym and work out in my filthy gooncave

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Phobic Nest posted:

Any stories?

Ever set off the Lunk AlarmTM? Maybe breathed too hard in the Judment Free ZoneTM?

I haven't seen any really crazy stuff like blown out knees or anything but the things that the gym rat style dudes say while spotting each others sets cracks me up some times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
planet fitness because i really just want a treadmill and and eliptical to use and maybe some weights if i feel like it

• Locked thread