Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

notZaar posted:

Wow. Lol. drat.

I actually toured the local PF before settling on Any time Fitness. The lunk alarm was the final straw, don't tell me how loud to grunt at the gym, fascist's

Yeah I go to Anytime Fitness too, but I admit its kinda expensive. It's like $100 for two of us a month whereas PF would be like $30 a month. except the closest PF is in Richmond so gently caress that.

but its good because its not very busy at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

VendaGoat posted:

Nah, I lift balls on street corners

Everyday tongue day

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

Xaris posted:

Yeah I go to Anytime Fitness too, but I admit its kinda expensive. It's like $100 for two of us a month whereas PF would be like $30 a month. except the closest PF is in Richmond so gently caress that.

What do you get for $50 a month? I pay $30 a month with Golds and I thought that was a bit steep.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

The one with the hottest women, next question

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Xaris posted:

wow, it's $36 a month here in oregon

local one is small and only has one squat rack, but it's not usually that crowded

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Barbell glute bridges and hip thrusts are very awkward to perform with a bunch of conventionally masculine weight lifting dudes walking around.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p450j-PJNmI

e: watch on mute

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Al Cowens posted:

Barbell glute bridges and hip thrusts are very awkward to perform with a bunch of conventionally masculine weight lifting dudes walking around.

maybe just stick to the basics instead of doing weird unnecessary stupid poo poo

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Ramsus posted:

maybe just stick to the basics instead of doing weird unnecessary stupid poo poo
If you know a better all-around exercise for hitting the glutes I'm all for it (traditional back squat doesn't count, that's very quad-dominant)

I like bulgarian splits and box squats.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
why, is your rear end flat? why worry about it

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Al Cowens posted:

If you know a better all-around exercise for hitting the glutes I'm all for it (traditional back squat doesn't count, that's very quad-dominant)

Would you say that your rear end is more sexy now from those exercises

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The streets are the one true gym.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Al Cowens posted:

Just go all the way down past parallel and you'll be hitting those glutes. Also: deadlifts.
Also: squeeze the poo poo out of your rear end in a top hat like you're desperately trying to fend off a prison initiation.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Al Cowens posted:

this is you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSx4CtfBe20

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i don't go to the gym because i genetically look awesome without any effort

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I think that a elliptical is the best all around workout if you are pressed for time

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

I hate yankees posted:

What do you get for $50 a month? I pay $30 a month with Golds and I thought that was a bit steep.

The one my girlfriend works at charges $70/mo but it includes 2 monthly trainer sessions and a 20 minute massage

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Al Cowens posted:

I'm not sure what that works that squats and DLs don't, except maybe :awesome:

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Nothing like a brisk walk though

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
24 hour fitness but mine was like a converted LA Fitness that hasn't been renovated in years, some guy was taking pictures of mold with his phone behind wall paneling and I'd go to another location but this is 5 minutes away

I'm getting sick of there only being 2 squat racks and 1 power rack though (used to be 2 power racks, then someone lost a linchpin 6 weeks ago and it's been unusable since)

anyone use YouFit?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
a poo poo one with no rack but a squat machine so I have to ask a sweaty dude on the reg to pull the bar off my broken shoulders

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

social vegan posted:

*pronoucnes it "gime" and waits for eeveryone to laugh*

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Does posting Simpsons stills give you a boner?

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
Elliptical are lame.

Joined a row crew in the area. First month was tough, but it grows on you quick.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
^^^row is the best cardio machine ladies and gents

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

I think that a elliptical is the best all around workout if you are pressed for time

not really because it takes like an hour to get a workout on one

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
my basement/the outside

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Ramsus posted:

^^^row is the best cardio machine ladies and gents

not really because it takes like an hour to get a workout on one

Not if you use it correct,y and it isn't a pos

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
For cardio I like the AMT, it's kind of like the elliptical but it's not locked to a track. Of course the best cardio is to actually go outside and walk or cycle.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
There was this new machine called an arc cycle, which I think is a better form of the elliptical but ymmv

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

Does posting Simpsons stills give you a boner?

Nooner posted:

Does posting cartoons give you a boner?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

This is wonderful and I am adding it to the op of my latest thread thank you namaste

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
my gym is very small, but i am there almost 24 hours a day. it is actually my bed.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
The rowing machine is also pretty great, but posture is always important

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

rowing machine posture is a weird topic people from my local boat club who are insane about it do it one way and the cross fitters do it another way and the machine instruction say a different thing altogether

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
I like the rowing machine cause I can sit on my butt and exercise instead of running though

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Please post Your Fag Wang.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

I wonder how much sales of rowing machines went up after House of Cards.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Lichy posted:

rowing machine posture is a weird topic people from my local boat club who are insane about it do it one way and the cross fitters do it another way and the machine instruction say a different thing altogether

Just keep your back straight, what's the debate? That's how you row in a crew.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
cool op i also go to planet fitness as a guest

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

can someone explain what is up with Planet Fitness? I don't think theres one near here so I dont know, but it sounds to me from this thread like its a fake gym where they give you free pizza and bagels instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i go to gold's gym but it's eos fitness now

• Locked thread