Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

because "how dare them fatasses playin' games are more popular than muh football games"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Demonachizer posted:

What does English as a Second Language have to do with PEDs and what are PEDs?
I seriously googled it to see what PEDS were and why they thought esl kids had it :(

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
They are Performance Enhancing Dictionaries,

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

I didn't know that, and it doesn't really make me angry, I'm just wholly un-interested and I enjoy video games. Whereas I hate playing basketball but I love the NBA finals.

I think I enjoy sports for the history and consistency though (the rules only change very incrementally over decades, so you can have dumb sportsfan arguments about who was better, Jordan or Lebron, etc). I'm curious if the people who are into this think that LoL, (not e-sports, but specifically LoL), will be around in 10 years? 20? 100?

tl dr: I don't think I'd be a basketball fan either if it was 1930.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
If seeing someone run sick routes in LoL provides you with the same excitement as seeing Mike Trout hit a walk off grand slam, cool.

However, the achievements of a professional gamer will never even come close to a person who has pushed their body to such a physically demanding limit that it borders on inhuman.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Pawn 17 posted:

Are you literally shaking with rage? Look what PEDs in e-sports has done.

More like IM SHAKIN UR DICK WITH RAGE lmoa :boom: :iceburn: :vapes:

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
100 billion retards agree, some mutants playing with toys is the same as sports

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Rasta_Al posted:

If seeing someone run sick routes in LoL provides you with the same excitement as seeing Mike Trout hit a walk off grand slam, cool.

However, the achievements of a professional gamer will never even come close to a person who has pushed their body to such a physically demanding limit that it borders on inhuman.

Does Mike trout hitting dingers give you a boner?

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

Does Mike trout hitting dingers give you a boner?

Every time, bro.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Hitting my dinger rn

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
gently caress

video games rule on weed

Your Rain
Nov 29, 2006
All those born beneath an angry star.
Was very confused why English as Second Language education needed to test for PEDs

Now I just don't care

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

MrChupon posted:

I didn't know that, and it doesn't really make me angry, I'm just wholly un-interested and I enjoy video games. Whereas I hate playing basketball but I love the NBA finals.

I think I enjoy sports for the history and consistency though (the rules only change very incrementally over decades, so you can have dumb sportsfan arguments about who was better, Jordan or Lebron, etc). I'm curious if the people who are into this think that LoL, (not e-sports, but specifically LoL), will be around in 10 years? 20? 100?

tl dr: I don't think I'd be a basketball fan either if it was 1930.

There are some old games that have professional scenes (20+yrs), but 100 years, I seriously doubt it. We will probably be hooked into all kinds of VR poo poo by that time where video games and physical sports actually combine to form new types of competitive games. In fact that could happen in the next 10 years I bet.

Rasta_Al posted:

Yeah I totally agree. If people enjoy watching video games and rooting for their favorite teams/players, what's the problem with that? I find baseball insanely boring, but I don't wish it didn't exist and I don't hate all baseball fans. Most people probably think sport fishing on TV is a total joke, but hey if you like watching fishing shows what do I care?

I think there is this notion that absolutely anyone can just quit their school/job one day and become a pro gamer. But AFAIK the pros are practicing all day every day to stay competitive and I doubt there is much fun in it like a casual player gets. You could no more just decide one day to become a pro baseball player without an incredible amount of commitment and drive. And even then most guys don't make it.

It's just really weird to me that someone would be so mad that e-sports exist that they would fantasize about hurting the (usually) teenage kids who play them.

edit:

Unless it's this guy!

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jul 24, 2015

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
id watch unreal tournament if it was 50 years from now and all real and vr and whatever

that'd be metal as gently caress

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Pawn 17 posted:

It's just really weird to me that someone would be so mad that e-sports exist that they would fantasize about hurting the (usually) teenage kids who play them.

i fantasize about harming u too btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

i yearn to bind u with ur own computer nerd cables and spank ur littel dick w the knobby ends

• Locked thread