Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Russ L
Feb 26, 2011
Take me to the river.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

We will part the river like Moses parted the seas

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Lets go walk on water?

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Se we voted to go to the forest but the book went "nope!"

Let's try our wilderness lore by the river then.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Just to make sure, the only difference between Judain and not-Judain in this book is the religious beliefs, right? I mean, we're not playing as some kind of lizard person who can be identified on sight, right? It just strikes me as weird that some random guy at the town crier is able to point us out and get an angry mob after us just like that. Unless I missed the part where any Judain living in the city have to wear some kind of pointy identifying badge.

Christ, this is not subtle.

River. Nothing bad ever happens around water.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

CzarChasm posted:

Just to make sure, the only difference between Judain and not-Judain in this book is the religious beliefs, right? I mean, we're not playing as some kind of lizard person who can be identified on sight, right? It just strikes me as weird that some random guy at the town crier is able to point us out and get an angry mob after us just like that. Unless I missed the part where any Judain living in the city have to wear some kind of pointy identifying badge.

Christ, this is not subtle.

River. Nothing bad ever happens around water.

We were also identified on sight by the random street kid. I assume that Judain aren't lizard people, but can still be identified reasonably due to cultural differences/ different clothing styles.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
From the prologue in the first post:

Prologue posted:

The caravan lines are swelled by tall proud Judain slaves with their glittering black eyes,

So I guess that might be an identifier.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

Page 155 posted:

Your journey to Bagoe on the Palayal river is charmed. You find food dropped in a sack by the side of the path and are treated to a beer at an inn. At Bagoe you are welcomed aboard a barge and the bargees promise to hide you when you near Godorno. They say you will easily be able to slip ashore, unseen in the dead of night.

They are as good as their word and one fine dawn you find yourself back in Godorno, with the wharfs and warehouses behind you and the city before you. The revetments of the buildings lend the city an unmistakable air of patrician hauteur. This is the hub of the civilized world.

Turn to 300.

: That's some tasty unidentified sack meat!

Page 300 posted:

At last you face the noisesome streets of the city once more. The facades of the palaces seem even more chipped and sullied than they were before you left. Several of the rows of grand villas along the riverfront and up the Grand Canal seem to have subsided several feet towards the waterline. Where once the roofline was an uninterrupted plane from one end of the canal to the other, now it is a crooked saw-toothed succession of pinnacles and collapsed roofs. something has shaken the city to its foundations while you have been away.

Will you find a safe place to hide until the worst of the terror is over? Your old hovel on Copper Street is only a couple more miles' tramp from here. You decide to go back there to find old friends.

Turn to 4.

Page 4 posted:

The road leading up to Greenbank Plaza has been renamed the Avenue of Skulls. At regular intervals posts have been erected from which iron cages swing. Inside the cages are executed Judain. Hundreds have been slain. The smell of rank corruption has drawn clouds of flies. Nearby you hear the clang of a bell and a dolorous voice calling, ‘Bring out your dead. Bring out your dead.’

The plague has struck Godorno like a ravaging scourge. No respecter of a man’s station, it has carried off nobleman and beggar alike. The streets have not been swept for what must have been weeks. Refuse is piling up in drifts in the wind. There is a blank look of despair on the faces of the people you pass and even the guards seem to preoccupied to notice a Judain. The sun is drawing the humors from the city like the fumes from a witch's kettle by the time you turn the corner into Copper Street.

You return to the hovel which you used to call home. You can use it as a base to see if you can contact some of your fellow Judain and learn what has taken place in the city. The old door has been broken up and used for firewood. There is nobody and nothing in the hovel – but did you hear voices from beneath the trap door that leads to the hidden cellar ?

If you fling the trap door open, turn to 61.
If you knock first, turn to 46.

: My collection of tick-ridden blankets and my heirloom leaking earthenware pots! You animals!

Character Sheet posted:

Jay 'The Hammer' Sherman the Nazirite

Skills: CHARMS, CUNNING, SWORDPLAY and WILDERNESS LORE

Life Points: 7/12

Gleenars: 9

Possessions: Amulet, sword, evidently a dagger (?), one slightly used crossbow bolt, empty meat sack

Codewords: Satori

Kills: Embracer, a guard, an Infernal Machine and the tiny man inside it, a pointy-toothed native, Ejada, the Moon Dog, Skarvench

Failures: Root'd to death, despair!'d, swallowed and digested by a Colossus beetle, ate a pig and failed to avert an ecological cataclysm, slave'd and toil'd to death, pulmonary arrownation, stabbed in the eyes and left to "live" off the land, lightly dragon'd, tree'd from a great height x2, Countless Swords of the Westermen'd, gale'd, yardam'd, rack'd

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Be polite and knock first.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Knock Knock!
Who's there?
JudianIma
Judianimawho?
Judianimacominghome!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
I wonder how much Greenbank Plaza 𝔸𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕦𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕊𝕜𝕦𝕝𝕝𝕤 is worth in Godorno Monopoly?

Knock on your own cellar door.

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Our momma taught us to knock before we enter.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Page 46 posted:

You tap on the door, then kneel and place your ear to the planking to hear what goes on beneath. You can hear men whispering. They must fear you are one of the Overlord’s men. You call out quietly your name, and that you are Judain. At last you persuade them to open the trap door. Down in the cellar are three families hiding from the Overlord’s butchers. There is a big man whom you recognize as Caiaphas, the rabbi at the synagogue before it was torn down. He carries a rusty old spear which he casts aside as soon as he sees you.

‘Caiaphas, old friend,’ you say in greeting. ‘What has come to pass here? Why do all our people cower below ground like rats?’ Caiaphas looks somber and one of the women starts to cry as he tells the story in a rumbling basso voice which would be most impressive were he not cowering in a damp cellar.

Turn to 71.

: You guys didn't happen to grab my blankets and pots on the way down, didn't you? Guys...?

Page 71 posted:

Caiaphas’s story of what has been the fate of their many friends is chilling. As soon as you fled the city, the Overlord’s guards – along with foreign mercenaries who marched out of beyond – started to round up all the Judain they could find. The executions have been carried out all day every day since then. A few, like you, escaped from the city; several thousand have gone to ground; but most of your folks have already perished. You vow then and there to avenge your fellow Judain.

‘It is worse than even I had said,’ continues Caiaphas. ‘Some have reported seeing a loathsome monster dragging its bulk through the streets at night. None knows where it comes from, but by daybreak there are always fewer people in the city.’

‘What is it?’ you ask, aghast.

‘Hate itself. The embodiment of cruelty. It has been awakened and given living form by the Overlord’s excesses. Now it stalks the streets beyond even his power to control, and it will not rest until our city has become a desolate ruin.’

You hear his words with horror.

Turn to 81.

Yup. The big bad here is the literal embodiment of Hate. It remains to be see whether this is an improvement over the eleventh hour introduction steampunk mech lumberjack from Green Blood, however.

Page 81 posted:

'But Caiaphas, did no one fight back? Did all our people just surrender themselves to be led away meekly to the slaughter, like sheep? We must fight?'

Caiaphas, a tall man with a black bear and rumbling basso voice replies. 'You are a fine one to criticize us! Where were you? We could not fight. We have no swords nor heavy suits of mail to protect us. There are too few of us.'

'Surely there is someone among us who will strike back, someone prepared to stand up to evil of the accursed Overlord?'

Caiaphas has not heard of any such resistance group, tough he can get messages through to the large number of Judain who are in hiding throughout the city.

'Who is our leader now?' you ask. 'Are the elders dead or gone?'

Annas, a small man with a quavering, flute-like voice tells you, 'They were taken together, as they met in the synagogue to discuss the Overlord's edict.'

'And did all the folk of the city just stand by?'

'Yes, they did, or denounced us to the guards.'

There are sounds from the street above. An iron-tired cart is being pulled past the smashed door to the hovel. You wait for it to pass before lowering your voice to say, 'How safe are we down here?'

'As safe as anywhere,' is Caiaphas's opinion.

'But do you plan to stay here for the rest of your lives?' He just shrugs helplessly. 'What do you do for food? you go on.

'We have enough food and water for another two weeks,' puts in Annas.

'And what then?' Again they shrug. 'We must do something. Organize ourselves. Band together for our own protection.'

'It would accomplish nothing,' Caiaphas replies despondently.

Will you immediately organize a resistance movement among the Judain (turn to 111), or remain in hiding in the cellar while formulating a plan (turn to 121)?

: C'mon guys, are you ready to be all that you can Macca-bee?

Character Sheet posted:

Possessions: Amulet, sword, evidently a dagger (?), one slightly used crossbow bolt, empty meat sack

Kills: Embracer, a guard, an Infernal Machine and the tiny man inside it, a pointy-toothed native, Ejada, the Moon Dog, Skarvench

Failures: Root'd to death, despair!'d, swallowed and digested by a Colossus beetle, ate a pig and failed to avert an ecological cataclysm, slave'd and toil'd to death, pulmonary arrownation, stabbed in the eyes and left to "live" off the land, lightly dragon'd, tree'd from a great height x2, Countless Swords of the Westermen'd, gale'd, yardam'd, rack'd

Ratatozsk fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 7, 2015

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

(Dany shits in a field)
Organize the Resistance!

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Organize the Resistance. What will call our selves? The Judain Peoples Front?

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
Caiaphas and Annas? And they even made Caiaphas a bass?

In any case, we need a more permanent solution to our problem. Let's hide in the cellar until one presents itself.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
As heavy-handed as this book's being, I have to give it credit for actually having the protagonist be part of the oppressed group. When SF/F goes anywhere near tackling the issues of racism, the good guys are usually part of the majority who have this epiphany that :siren:racism is bad:siren: and go and rescue a minority-analogue from the bad racists.

Russ L
Feb 26, 2011
Viva Le Resistance!

Ratatozsk posted:

the rabbi at the synagogue

I am amused by the fact that this book has given up trying to use nouns veiled even as thinly as 'Judain'.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

It's clear at this point that the author gave up on thinly veiled analogues and just said "Yeah, they have rabbis and synagogues. Who am I fooling?"

With regards to the heavy-handedness, what's described here is pretty similar to what was supposed to be carried out in the Biblical tale of Esther so its not like its without literary, if not historical, precedent.

Admittedly, I can't think specific cases where all the Jews in a city were to be hanged by government order prior to the 1900s. Pogroms tended to be sudden manifestations of antisemetic violence (even if egged on by government saboteurs, and most governments tended to just go for expulsion.

The first part of the book is a pretty accurate depiction of a pogrom, heavy handedness aside. The manifestation of hate stalking the streets is about as heavy as you can get though.

Anyway, resist!

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
A physical embodiment of hate popping up in a fantasy world is just something you have to watch out for when performing ethnic cleansing.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Honestly though, it may be heavy-handed, but I'd argue that it's necessary. I for one won't go so far to say that this book was what made me aware of what anti-Semitism even was, much less how it manifested, but it was certainly a factor; that picture of Caiaphas hiding with the rest is something I still remember. The other was the Internet, where I was genuinely surprised to find that Jews were just like other people (shock! Gasp!).

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Page 111 posted:

Caiaphas's wife, Ruth, asks, 'Will we have to share our food with this stranger? There is precious little to go round as it is, without our having to feed every down-at-heel ragamuffin who stumbles across our hideout.'

'Be quiet, woman. We will feed all of our kind.'

Ruth used to be a generous mild-mannered woman who wouldn't hurt a flea. Adversity has certainly hardened her. 'Well spoken, Caiaphas,' you say. 'Ruth, did you not know this miserable hovel is my home?'

'Haven't you heard? We Judain cannot own property. We cannot even walk the streets. We haven't moved from this miserable place for days.'

'What, none of you?' You look to Caiaphas in surprise. 'Has no one venture out for food or information?'

Caiaphas shakes his head and looks at the ground.

Will you ask him how they pass messages, turn to 131, or will you quit the safety of the cellar to seek out more information and contacts to help the Judain cause, turn to 141?

: Not to worry, I'll just use my WILDERNESS LORE to grab us some food and information. Oh, wait...

Character Sheet posted:

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I think Ruth is taking the whole "where you lodge, I will lodge" a bit too far.

Seems like they really want us to move out of the cellar, but we can't make contacts if we don't know how messages are passed.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yeah, something's up- how do they pass messages if they can't leave?

Russ L
Feb 26, 2011
Oh yes wait a minute Mr Postman, how are messages delivered?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Clearly the Jews Judain have a series of tunnels under the city, from ratty cellar to ratty cellar.

That sounds pretty sweet, tell us about it! How do they pass messages?

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Page 131 posted:

The Judain have long had a system for moving gold around the city unseen. They now carry messages in the same way, using dives and back streets, safe houses, and, sometimes, even the catacombs. You can contact all the Judain through them, but their morale is low. So many of their kith and kin have been carried off to Grond.

'Do not despair. Are we not a proud people?' you say. 'We have many advantages. First, the Overlord fears us, or why else would he turn his guards against us? Second, we know the secret ways beneath the city and we can already pass messages without fear of interception. Third, we have a leader now: me.'

Caiaphas protests, 'But what can we do? We are not armed. Each of us has already lost a loved one, swinging in an iron cage. We will all suffer the same fate if we come out of hiding.'

'Then we will stay hidden, strike only at night, always in a different part of the city. Let us strike fear into the hearts of the good burghers of Godorno. Let no one say the Judain are cowards.'

'And we have money, stashed in the vaults under the warehouses in The Crescent Canal Avenue.'

'How much?'

'A talent. The weight of a man in gold.' This is unlooked-for good news. The cunning Judain can do much with their money. Men can be bought as easily in the godforsaken city of Godorno as anywhere.

Will you suggest holding a meeting in one of the old warehouses on Crescent Avenue (turn to 106), or give the word to stay hidden but organize into cells of five people each with a different target (turn to 175)?

: Let's be sure to emphasize the 'freedom fighter' angle, though. Wouldn't want to strike too much terror as we go about our ways

Character Sheet posted:

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Organize into cells of five people each with a different target.

Staying hidden is the only thing that protects us. Holding a large meeting would be foolish.

Hermetian
Dec 9, 2007
Don't be greedy, split into cells

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

"Yeah, all our leaders got captured at once when they had a big meeting."

"I know, let's have a giant meeting to discuss what to do about it!"

Yeah, no thanks deploy into terrorist cells

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Lets all be part of cells.

Russ L
Feb 26, 2011
Cell-out.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Decentralizing is just what they expect us to do! They'd never see another huge gathering coming!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

quote:

'Then we will stay hidden, strike only at night, always in a different part of the city. Let us strike fear into the hearts of the good burghers of Godorno.'

Godormo are a superstitious cowardly lot. So my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts. I must be a creature of the night, black, terrible...

Split up, that way only five at a time will be captured or killed

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I'm 100% sure that all the Judains meeting in a warehouse at the same time will end up with The Man raiding the place. All it needs is one person willing to sell out their own people for it to turn out that way.

Much better to split into small groups, so if one cell is caught the others are still safe.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Pretty spot on about the meeting folks, so well done. Having CHARMS essentially equalizes the two choices, but this path is more colorful.

Page 175 posted:

You muse on the good fortune of finding your fellows so well provided for. 'A talent, more than I could have hoped for in my wildest dreams. With a talent of gold we can buy all the help we need.'

"Ah, but taking gold from Judain is a capital offense, punishable by impalement.'

'Even talking to a Judain is a capital offense, unless you are interrogating one.'

'Are we not the Judain? Have we not the merchant's silver tongue? We have never wanted for those to do our bidding in the past!'

'In the past people were not in the grip of fear. Where once they thought of lining their pockets they now count themselves lucky if they can line their stomachs and stay out of trouble.'

Turn to 190.

: Damnit, I knew I should have saved a few handfuls of that unidentified sack meat. That'd probably be worth a few gleenars at least.

Page 190 posted:

Your allies suggest various places for you to make a hideout and you choose a damp cellar on Medallion Street - it seems the best option.

You are on your way there when there is a commotion ahead of you. Seeing a group of city guards approaching, you duck into the ruin of an abandoned building. To your dismay, they stop in the street outside and you hear one of them say, 'A Judain went in here, I think. Fetch the dogs - they'll soon sniff the wretch out!'

There is a frightened whimpering in the darkness behind you. You whirl to see Caiaphas's wife, Ruth - the one who was reluctant to share the food with you. You remember hearing from Caiaphas that she is with child. She is hidden, trembling, behind a pillar at the back of the hall. You know that the guards will not return to barracks until they have caught their quota of Judain.

If you have ROGUERY and want to use it, turn to 126.
If you have CHARMS and an amulet and wish to use magic, turn to 116.
If you have STREETWISE and decide to make use of it here, turn to 105.

If you have none of those skills, you can either dash out into the street and fight the guards to buy Ruth time to escape (turn to 143) or push her out into the street to save yourself - surely they will not harm a pregnant woman (turn to 240).

240 is seriously hosed up. We'll hit that in the post-book.

Page 116 posted:

The late afternoon sun slants over the close-packed rooftops and through the open doorway of the hovel where you are hiding. You have an inspiration. Lifting your amulet, you tilt it so that the gem reflects the sunbeam out onto the wall on the opposite side of the street. The guards are standing waiting for the dogs to be brought, but one of them catches the flicker of reflected light out of the corner of his eye. He spins, looking along the street away from where you're hiding, and yells, 'Hey! I saw something dart down that alley over there. Come on, lads!'

While they race off chasing sunbeams, you help Ruth to the safety of the Copper Street hideaway. They you slink back to your own bolthole.

Turn to 414.

: Gay ga zinta hate, you old snipe.

Page 414 posted:

At last you mange to regain the safety of the underground cellars. There is a hole in the ceiling through which you can be spied on from the road unless you move back against the back wall, but the other Judain have taken all the best bolt holes. You will find a better hideaway in time.

Will you drag the palliasse to the back where you cannot be seen through the hole in the roof (turn to 347) or will you sleep on the street side near the hold (turn to 376)?

: Well...I guess there's nowhere to go but up come tomorrow!

Character Sheet posted:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Ratatozsk posted:

Will you drag the palliasse to the back where you cannot be seen through the hole in the roof (turn to 347) or will you sleep on the street side near the hold (turn to 376)?

Hmmm...

The Dictionary posted:

pal·liasse
ˌpalˈyas,ˈpalˌyas/
noun
noun: palliasse; plural noun: palliasses; noun: paillasse; plural noun: paillasses

a straw mattress.

Oh! Let's sleep where we cannot be seen.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

(Dany shits in a field)
Yes, one page 347 please.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Kanthulhu posted:

Yes, one page 347 please.

Makes sense to me. Of course, in this book, we'll probably have a Roc-Egg fall on us through a hole in the roof or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Page 347 posted:

You drag the pallet into the murk beside the back wall and fall into an unnaturally deep slumber. You dream of searching a forest for your lost mother.

You awake feeling nauseous. You move to turn over and find a trail of viscous slime across your outstretched arm, like the track of a gigantic slug. Gagging, you feel vomit burn the back of your throat.

If you have the codeword Venefix then your arm is permanently withered and you now cannot use the SWORDPLAY or AGILITY skills - cross them off your Adventure Sheet if you had them.

If you have the codeword Satori, you wash off the slime in a barrel of rainwater and find that you are unscathed.

This is no place to stay - it is time to find a new hideaway. You set out for Bumble Row, knowing that most of the shopkeepers there shut up shop long ago and it will be largely deserted.

Turn to 315.

: Well, some small comfort that Godorno's night slime still deposits as always. This old slum just wouldn't be the same without it.

Page 315 posted:

Dodging the Overlord's soldiers turns what would be an easy walk into a nightmarish series of short hops between patrols. You are continually forced to lie low for long periods until the coast is clear. Not until early evening do you reach the row of crooked houses, long since abandoned and ransacked. They do, however, provide a snug hole in which to lie low. You make yourself as comfortable as possible in the dank cellar of one of the houses, using broken crates to make a rough pallet on which to sleep.

You begin to draw up your plans the next morning. It could be worth watching to see if the Overlord leaves his palace, as you might be able to spot a weak link in his security arrangements.

If you decide to do that, turn to 310.

This page ends very strangely. It really sounds like an alternative choice was initially intended with the way things were worded, but that's it. But I'll keep my eyes out in case the result of choosing NOT to do that lies adjacent to later updates.

Page 310 posted:

You are in luck. He emerges from the palace about noon, borne in his gilded litter by eight slaves in silk tabards. The escort of heavily armed soldiers would deter any assassin. As the litter progresses slowly down the Avenue of Silent Glory towards the Greenbark Plaza, some of the soldiers hurry ahead with halberds raised, urging the onlookers to raise a feeble cheer.

Inside the litter, the Overlord is reclining rather more than usual. When he twitches the curtain aside to wave less fulsomely than is wont his face has the purplish hue of a man stricken by gout and a disease of the blood. His eyes are hooded and lackluster.

You make your way back to your hidey-hole on Bumble Row and find a messenger waiting for you there, a Judain nipper with big brown eyes. He hands you a note. It is from a girl you used to know, called Lucie. Her name means 'rays of the dawn'. She wants to meet you tomorrow morning. You tell the little messenger you will be at the appointed place at the appointed hour and he scampers off.

It is not worth venturing out again. The streets are deserted as the curfew hours approaches. You settle down to sleep.

If you possess a sword, decide if you will sleep with it ready by your side (turn to 156) or tucked under your mattress (turn to 90).
If you have no sword, turn to 7.

: I'd better set my alarm dagger. Wouldn't do to oversleep on this comfy pillow sword.

Character Sheet posted:

Possessions: Amulet, sword, evidently a dagger (?), one slightly used crossbow bolt, full slime sack

• Locked thread