Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stitch be back in to work the UFC?
This poll is closed.
Yes 5 8.93%
No 19 33.93%
If he does I hope he brings my dad back from buying cigarettes 32 57.14%
Total: 56 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Also, someone explain the thread title to me please.

I was thinking it was just how the Bryan Adams lyrics synergize with the whole stitch getting fired story...or something

Kekekela fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jul 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
I would go as far back as Eddie Wineland to say the time when Barao got exposed. Wineland had a good movement based offense going in the first round before he got caught by Barao's spinning back kick he does every time he's confused by the opponent's footwork. TJ/Bang caught on to this in the first fight and crafted the perfect gameplan to beat him, including avoiding and punishing every one of his hail mary spinning back kicks.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

MysteryNad posted:

Speaking of 135 what happened to Michael McDonald? Is he still injured? Did he go away to Jesus camp? Did he lose his virginity and give up fighting?

On tour with the Doobie Brothers.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gotta give Barao some credit for at least trying to fight back against all odds at the end there. Must suck to have gone a good 30+ fights without losing and then coming straight up a brick wall who not only has an answer for everything you do but also the perfect counter to it.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Aurain posted:

Gotta give Barao some credit for at least trying to fight back against all odds at the end there. Must suck to have gone a good 30+ fights without losing and then coming straight up a brick wall who not only has an answer for everything you do but also the perfect counter to it.

Must suck having to reword the same poo poo post

Aurain posted:

Dillashaw has Barao's number so badly that he probably has his next 10 cell phone's numbers too.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

origami posted:

Must suck having to reword the same poo poo post

I object.. Let the man post

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

canoshiz posted:

I would go as far back as Eddie Wineland to say the time when Barao got exposed. Wineland had a good movement based offense going in the first round before he got caught by Barao's spinning back kick he does every time he's confused by the opponent's footwork. TJ/Bang caught on to this in the first fight and crafted the perfect gameplan to beat him, including avoiding and punishing every one of his hail mary spinning back kicks.

It's cool that Faber wouldn't work with Bang and instead of making those adjustments he got finished in three minutes in Barao's very next fight

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

squarerandom posted:

It's AN INVISIBLE COLLAR turning into the Chernobyl Pumpkin PIe guard, he really needs to turn his shoulder OUT of socket and if he can turn upside down while doing it, he can submit him with a Klondike Clockhold, oh nevermind he's out.

Haha this sums Joe up to a tee.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

vainman posted:

It's cool that Faber wouldn't work with Bang and instead of making those adjustments he got finished in three minutes in Barao's very next fight

I think it was more couldnt because Dillashaw was shouting for faber to use the openings he exploited when Faber had his shot.

Before Dillashaw beat Barao an article came out talking about how Dillashaw had helped plan the faber fight and in conjunction with Ludwig had pointed out a lot of the flaws in Baraos game the wineland fight had exposed.

Dillashaw is a lot more fight savy than he was credited for.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

BlindSite posted:

I think it was more couldnt because Dillashaw was shouting for faber to use the openings he exploited when Faber had his shot.

Before Dillashaw beat Barao an article came out talking about how Dillashaw had helped plan the faber fight and in conjunction with Ludwig had pointed out a lot of the flaws in Baraos game the wineland fight had exposed.

Dillashaw is a lot more fight savy than he was credited for.

Yeah having a good coach alone isnt enough, it was a cool narrative but everyone probably gave a little too much credit to ludwig and not enough to dillashaw

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Yeah Faber was never gonna be the guy who could switch stances and cut angles the way TJ did, I don't think the Barao fight was ever winnable for him barring the worst weight cut and other injuries on top.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
It's pretty funny though that the guy playing Dominick Cruz in sparring for Faber and Joe B ends up winning the belt.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Lmao where did felder think he was going with that. Like he saw him start to spin and threw at the spot he was leaving

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Someone made an extended highlight as well. So much goofy poo poo in that fight, like Felder actually throws a hockey hip-check at him right at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VghRFuT-12s

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

manyak posted:

Yeah having a good coach alone isnt enough, it was a cool narrative but everyone probably gave a little too much credit to ludwig and not enough to dillashaw

Yeah, it's one thing to have a great coach, which Ludwig obviously is, but that synergy between coach and fighter that those two have is something really special and cool.

In contender talk, Birchak's gotta be coming up, he just trounced Soto, who TJ took FIVE ROUNDS TO BEAT, IN THE FIRST ROUND, NOW HE'S COMING FOR THE BELT.
You're welcome, Shelby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

• Locked thread