Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stitch be back in to work the UFC?
This poll is closed.
Yes 5 8.93%
No 19 33.93%
If he does I hope he brings my dad back from buying cigarettes 32 57.14%
Total: 56 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
For those who weren't watching, everyone made weight. Barao had to take off his shorts, but made it on his 2nd try with the towel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
This fight card is weird. The best matchups are not backloaded at all, they are distributed throughout the card. There's 2, maybe 3 fights on the main card I'm interested in, 2 good fights in the prelims, and 2 cool fights on the early fightpass prelims.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
very close rnd. 19-19, maybe

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
I don't want to be a judge for this fight. I'd be fine with literally any score.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
29-28 Nijem, maybe

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
10-8?

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
You don't see that very often. Lauzon was like "he's out cold, I'm not hitting him anymore"

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Felder won round 1, beyond that, I don't know.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
I'm fine with that, last 2 rounds were close but i had them both for Barboza.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Marching Powder posted:

How are so many people struggling to score these fights? 30-37 or possibly 29-28 barboza

I'm not trying to score the fight based on how I feel. Thats very easy, everyone has an opinion of who won unless its truly 50/50 round.

I'm trying to predict how the judges would score it.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Marching Powder posted:

By saying 'boy this is hard to read the minds of 3 people' rather than watching the fight and saying what he thinks

No, what I'm doing is identifying rounds where I can confidently say "OK, this round is definitely going to fighter X unless we have the very most braindead of judges"

If its somewhat close where one fighter should probably win and 80% of knowledgable MMA fans would give it to him, but could get screwed on bad judging, then we gotta wait and see on that round.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Yeah, this is 20-18 Tate. Eye needs a finish

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
This should be a 30-27 UD.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Was that a stand up for the illegal kicks or because of lovely reffing?

inactivity. Eye had Tate's arms hopelessly locked down to the point where Tate could only throw a weak kick and Eye could do nothing but keep it locked down. A standup was necessary.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Dillashaw Barao II next! Free on FOX! Woooo!!!

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
10-9 for the champion

This looks exactly like their last fight

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Dillashaw is so God drat good. A lesser fighter would have gone berserk after he hurt his opponent, but TJ knows he is almost guaranteed to win a long fight

Oh, and 20-18, obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Barao's only chance is to land some crazy haymaker

• Locked thread