Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stitch be back in to work the UFC?
This poll is closed.
Yes 5 8.93%
No 19 33.93%
If he does I hope he brings my dad back from buying cigarettes 32 57.14%
Total: 56 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Cool scrambles all fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Nijem shouldn't have been so eager to go to the ground and defend submissions when he was dominating the striking.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

Detroit Superstar Daron Cruickshank should not be fighting on the fightpass prelims.

Oh yeah?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Wineland isn't a good enough boxer to be so one dimensional.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

that was not a 10-8 round.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Hexum posted:

I can't recall anyone doing more damage from the bottom than that. Anyone know of another fight?

Anyone who has gotten a submission from the bottom.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
That was not out of nowhere. Lawlor was landing that punch the whole fight.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I miss Dominick Cruz.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Both these guys are huge lightweights.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
How could you forget the Fabio spinning dick kick Joe?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bluedeanie posted:

Why is Ronda bulking up so much?

She isn't.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Google Butt posted:

Why did Rogan call Tate rondas good friend totally seriously

He was making a joke.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Charles Gnarwin posted:

A first for him

Nah he tells plenty of jokes. Whether you think they're funny is completely separate.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

Neither of these women have a chance against Rousey right? Are you all rooting for Eye because she would be someone new for Ronda to destroy?

Yes

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

manyak posted:

Eye has the same striking style as Barao haha

But not the chin, power nor size.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Ignore illegal kick, then stand them up from back mount. What the gently caress are you doing tonight, Lavigne

The make-up call is a proud tradition in his home country's national sport.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

JHomer722 posted:

real question: why are they illegal?

At first Tate was kicking her in the head.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Dillashaw isn't moving nearly as much and is getting hit a lot more because of it.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

POTATO IN MY ANUS posted:

no bang ludwig tonight?

He's there.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

savinhill posted:

Could headlining a Fox card and wanting to put on a good show and win more fans have anything to do with TJ's more aggressive style tonight? My brother's about as casual as you can get for an MMA fan, but he loves Dillashaw now after watching the main with me tonight.

He was less worried about Barao's power and wanted to capitalize on more offensive opportunities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

CommonShore posted:

Barao should have been throwing way more round kicks, low and high, from both directions. He was actually having a little bit of success in the first round with the ones he fired. Not sure where he'd go from there, but sweeping attacks are a basic counter to big lateral movement. Barao was ridiculously under prepared and his camp probably told him "just go out and be yourself and you'll be a winner!"

I feel like Barao is one of those guys that will fight the same way no matter what happened in training camp or what the gameplan was. His corner was pleading with him after every round of the first fight to go for takedowns and he didn't attempt one. Maybe that was because he was concussed or maybe because he can't adapt at all.

• Locked thread