Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stitch be back in to work the UFC?
This poll is closed.
Yes 5 8.93%
No 19 33.93%
If he does I hope he brings my dad back from buying cigarettes 32 57.14%
Total: 56 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

The entire first fight is up on YT by the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6vzRDv5PdI

That punch TJ lands at 1:03 of the first is just :stare:. When they show the replay it actually looks like Barao was out for a sec.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Le Saboteur posted:

Also really want Eye to win because I'm tired of Tate and don't want Tate/Rousey 3 to happen.
The second fight had lots of cool throws at least.

Though Tate might avoid tying up with Ronda more in a third fight since pretty much every time she tried it in this one she got mercilessly countered (though she did land one takedown which is better than most can say).

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Le Saboteur posted:

I like this Dominique Steele guy I hope he's decent.

goondolences

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

"It's so great seeing the kind of talent we have in women's MMA right now", as the camera cuts to Jessamyn Duke.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

squarerandom posted:

I still have no loving clue what Catch Wrestling is and how is it different than regular wrestling for MMA?

It's closer to BJJ really since it's focused on submissions, it just originated in the west rather than BJJ which originated from Japanese martial arts. I would say the main differences between catch and BJJ is that BJJ is more focused on positional orthodoxy whereas catch wrestling is more focused on submissions, including more leg locks and stuff from weird positions.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

I just realized this is even funnier since Phillips is being corned by Pena, who smoked Shayna Baszler on TUF and made Ronda go full psycho. Four horsewomen :patriot:

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Nijem looks like he's gassing pretty bad

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

haha this is a fun fight

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

don't agree with that decision

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

I mean if you score based on close submission attempts then both the D'arce in R2 and kneebar in R3 were closer to finishing than anything Nijem did. But Nijem pretty clearly controlled the majority of the action in R1 and R3.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

pretty much exactly what I was worried about when the fight was first announced :sigh:

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

fatherdog posted:

You need to watch Santos/Prindle because that fractured a dude's pelvis

Also Wand vs Yvel where wanderlei broke his cup in half or whatever

e: bundt :argh:

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Bundt Cake posted:

barboza v alvarez would be cool

barboza vs pettis too

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Eye is boxing her the gently caress up

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

haha what :staredog:

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Can you spot TJ's family and friends?

http://gfycat.com/ElectricDependableConure

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

quote:

@timsylviamma

Ran into a old friend at the @UFCONFOX

lookin' good, Tim.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Almeida is cool but has looked extremely hittable in the few fights I've seen. I think TJ would tee off on him. Really I just hope Cruz can get healthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Someone made an extended highlight as well. So much goofy poo poo in that fight, like Felder actually throws a hockey hip-check at him right at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VghRFuT-12s

• Locked thread