Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Hyped for SGDQ. First run is Yoshi's Island and it's on a good time for us Euro folks. Really excited for Tetris and TASbot again. TASBot is even on a good time for me :toot:

I presume there's going to be a reddit post with twitch links as usual?

Cubey posted:

big john is the superior muscle man and his streams are chill as gently caress

Big John is great. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

On a con right now, going home tomorrow, but will miss like half of the first day. Oh well. At least the con and SGDQ aren't overlapping entirely, like it did a bunch of years ago and I missed practically all of it. The schedule looks incredibly solid.

KennyMan666 fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jul 25, 2015

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Why the gently caress do I have to click Event Information then schedule on the website? Why would you do that instead of having the schedule on it's own thing. 2 clicks is hard but more I was scrolling through the main front page because SURELY they would have it on there too. And there is but its alllllllllllllll the way at the bottom in an inline text hyperlink. What the gently caress dudes, thats an awful way to set up an otherwise slick looking website. Like there should be a link just to the left right of About Us at the top. It doesn't mess anything up and is immediately viewable to the user. It just seems like a really annoying flaw.

Ramadu fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jul 25, 2015

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Ramadu posted:

Why the gently caress do I have to click Event Information then schedule on the website? Why would you do that instead of having the schedule on it's own thing. 2 clicks is hard but more I was scrolling through the main front page because SURELY they would have it on there too. And there is but its alllllllllllllll the way at the bottom in an inline text hyperlink. What the gently caress dudes, thats an awful way to set up an otherwise slick looking website.
The site will likely change a bit once the show starts to make way for a stream embed (and probably an IRC client thing). I wouldn't be surprised if they made the schedule link more apparent as part of that process.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

OP could do with information about the SA speedruns IRC too for people who want to chat at a slightly more sensible pace, #speedruns on SynIRC.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Please donate for Wizards & Warriors All Stages because it is a cool game and the castle level is the coolest and the normal speedrun skips it.

https://gamesdonequick.com/tracker/bid/3074

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Any word on Strife providing dev commentary on the Freedom Planet race? Last I've heard he's trying to be there on the couch, but the impression I got is that nothing's set in stone yet.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Rocketlex posted:

There's going to be a speedrun of Space Station Silicon Valley this year, highlighting the main reason SGDQ is my favorite of the two. Weird, obscure N64 games are my lifeblood.

Zelda and Metroid speed runs I've seen a hundred times over at this point. Give me the interesting games!.

They don't specify which "Star Wars (NES)" is being run. I hope it's the Namco version because it's a more technically complicated game and I want to see everyone's reactions to the story.

Suspicious Dish posted:

Please let me know what the hot memes I can spam in twitch chat are. I missed the latest meme cycle and it would help if you guys could give me a refresher so I can impress the ladies.

Good news! With the meme being older than most of the people in Twitch chat, "All your base are belong to us" has come around to being cool again!

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
Any local goons around who could go to the hotel and measure how wide the hotel hallways and door frames are

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Another year of "man, why is everything so quiet I think poo poo got too serious" during the first day of runs, PJ getting props for being cool and funny, dumb FPS runs becoming the highlight of the marathon and TETRIS. Sign me up.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Bah, gonna miss the start and Yoshi's Island. Kinda surprising that it's part of the run again since it at was AGDQ but I still would've liked to watch it live again.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

HUMAN FISH posted:

Any local goons around who could go to the hotel and measure how wide the hotel hallways and door frames are

Any crt bigger than 27 inches won't fit, and its total luck of the draw off your shower has curtains on it apparently.

This happens to this even way too often I think someone wants needs to be uncomfortable when they shower.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Dunban posted:

Bah, gonna miss the start and Yoshi's Island. Kinda surprising that it's part of the run again since it at was AGDQ but I still would've liked to watch it live again.

They've done it at every GDQ since I started watching. There's a few staple games that they do at every one (Super Metroid, etc.).

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Psyyyched.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
TGM is gonna be dope, the races are gonna be dope, Studio choking on Roundabout is gonna be dope.

Bummer that they're doing repeating the CT run from RPG limit break, but people love that wondershot meme I guess.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
So pumped for tomorrow. Another summer of great games donating to a great cause.

Also, I didn't see a twitch link this time around. Will there be a twitch stream this time around or will I have to do the livestream thing? Thanks!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Observe Me posted:

Not to stir the pot or anything, but I missed it in the last thread, does anyone else feel like Calebhart is kinda douchey

all of the wacky wobbler people are douchey, witwix included

he is good at boshy, caleb is good at mmx, geoff is good at monkey ball but that doesn't change the fact that they are super loving obnoxious about donations to the point that it detracts from them playing the game

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Zorglorfian posted:

So pumped for tomorrow. Another summer of great games donating to a great cause.

Also, I didn't see a twitch link this time around. Will there be a twitch stream this time around or will I have to do the livestream thing? Thanks!
Should still be twitch.tv/gamesdonequick.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
So are they just gonna say "Doctors Without Borders" on stream or will we get to hear people mispronounce Médecins Sans Frontières a bunch again

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

"I have a donation here for...Militaires Sans Frontières???"

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Eonwe posted:

all of the wacky wobbler people are douchey, witwix included

he is good at boshy, caleb is good at mmx, geoff is good at monkey ball but that doesn't change the fact that they are super loving obnoxious about donations to the point that it detracts from them playing the game

Witwix and Geoff are entertaining at least. Caleb gets on my nerves.

Anyone taking bets on how much of the video frame will be taken up by the sponsors and how much dead air there will be this time?

DoubleDonut posted:

So are they just gonna say "Doctors Without Borders" on stream or will we get to hear people mispronounce Médecins Sans Frontières a bunch again

They managed it fine last year.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i used to like caleb, but his douchey, stealing-the-spotlight speech after that race he lost really soured me on him.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

If you watch his stream he's just kind of an rear end in a top hat in general. It's funny how much "nerd is in shape" gives him so much cred and ego with other nerds and the community lol. He doesn't seem particularly fun to interact with but that could just be some dumb "treamer personality" or some poo poo though.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
who's the best speedrunner right now

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Suspicious Dish posted:

who's the best speedrunner right now

big john, feasel, dram

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
i've been really liking darkspinessonic as well. super chill & smart dude.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Cosmo is the best but Big Jon is the dreamiest.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Jibo posted:

Cosmo is the best but Big Jon is the dreamiest.

cosmo does not speedrun anymore, he plays smash bros online 24/7

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Why is this not stickied? Has GDQ hype on SA died?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Cubey posted:

i used to like caleb, but his douchey, stealing-the-spotlight speech after that race he lost really soured me on him.

Which race was that?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Cubey posted:

big john, feasel, dram
These are the Correct Answers

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Internet Kraken posted:

Which race was that?

Mega Man X

Little Mac posted:

Why is this not stickied? Has GDQ hype on SA died?

SGDQ is never as big a deal as AGDQ for some reason. Either way I'm pretty sure the AGDQ thread was the first GDQ to get stickied and that was after it already started so just be patient or whatever.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

The other answer might just be that no one's asked a moderator/admin to do it.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
SGDQ is better than AGDQ because the Prevent Cancer Foundation is useless compared to Doctors Without Borders. PCF raised millions of dollars because of video game nerds and they have only donated $125,000 for a research grant in AGDQ's name. You can make a decent living from non-profit organizations, I tell ya.

People in DWB sacrificed their lives to fight the deadly Ebola virus while people at PCF report second-hand information about obvious ways to avoid skin cancer.

MVP fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jul 26, 2015

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Keep in mind that AGDQ's Yoshi run was any% and this one is a 100% done by Trihex which is always great to watch.

Tug Migroin
May 4, 2008

"When all else fails, read your manual!"
Pork Pro
The Yetee put up the SGDQ shirts if anyone is interested. http://www.theyetee.com/sgdq

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Can't wait for the Tolki and Sam jokes.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
yo it's at a super inconvenient time but if you don't watch the Roundabout cutscene% run you are going to miss what is guaranteed to be one of the highlights of the stream, even before you take into account the commentary

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Can't wait for the Tolki and Sam jokes.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SamandTolki/

it's funny that reddit didn't get rid of this thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Tug Migroin posted:

The Yetee put up the SGDQ shirts if anyone is interested. http://www.theyetee.com/sgdq

That is one ugly Ecco shirt.

• Locked thread