Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Mazreal posted:

Doctors without borders? but where am i going to watch awkward nerds deal with sad cancer stories??

Don't worry, you'll still get that here because people don't pay attention to what they're donating to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Observe Me posted:

Not to stir the pot or anything, but I missed it in the last thread, does anyone else feel like Calebhart is kinda douchey

Yes, and he breaks controllers over speedruns so.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

bucksmash posted:

All I know is zoast is going to be in the Super Metroid race, and I am so hype for that.

Plus he also holds the current world record (not counting the X-Ray glitch), with 42'56". Here's the run, the whole time I was p. much :stare:

That was the best run I've seen in a while. I love watching zoast, he's so chill and has great music choice during his practice.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Cubey posted:

big john is the superior muscle man and his streams are chill as gently caress

:agreed:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm glad Trihex is good at 100% again and is doing the first run, it should be really good. Probably gonna grab at least the Chrono shirt and maybe the Shadow or Sonic shirts.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The camera angle is already 10000% better than the one from AGDQ.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Y

Jibo posted:

Holy poo poo the HTML5 player is so much better. Glad that was up in time for this.

It really is so much better. And trihex is so quiet.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Bonus challenge already :getin:.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

And a.... great runner.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

pentyne posted:

Does Cosmo no longer do live Zelda speedruns? I thought he was a big draw for SGDQ.

Cosmo plays smash now

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I really like that there's a tracker on the bottom now, I really don't like that the couch is useless.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

How do you make a game like that and only have 1 QA

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

This commercial is 100000% louder than it should be

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Ekster posted:

Has there ever been a good Sonic game?

Like, since the first one?

I think 1-3, Adventure and Generations are good

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Studio spotted

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

sout posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm6MQaY89Z8 This is all you need to know about the series

If you don't think this is the best poo poo ever please leave

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

This is really awkward, as it should be.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Why the gently caress was this guy allowed to have two runs

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Republicans posted:

I hope the RE3 run is good. I miss those games and I wish it and 2 got the REmake treatment.

Carcinogen is a really great runner and the run's pretty good, so you should enjoy it.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Alteisen posted:

https://twitter.com/witwix/status/625484952977567745

Its for charity guys, stop being buttholes. :argh:

I used to like witwix but he's been really bitchy and a giant baby lately.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Oh ok. Now time for a good speedrun with hopefully good speedrunners.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Republicans posted:

Was RE3 the one where you find the shotgun down a long rear end alley and once you get it there's a shitload of zombies behind you?

Yes

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I hope they release a MMX collection too since the only two normal MM games I care about are 2 and 3.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm not seeing the problem.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

UIApplication posted:

Short of an extreme glitch run how does one finish a ps1 re in 1:10:00

You should watch and find out

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

LethalGeek posted:

I'm always a little surprised to see windows 8 honestly

It's not bad at this point really. Still wouldn't be using it if I hadn't gotten it for free though

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Rocketlex posted:

To someone who's never played a Resident Evil, a speedrun looks an awful lot like someone just playing the game. Most of the actual tech here is going over my head.

A ton of it is right movement for zombie dodging

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

92k donations, not too shabby for the first day at all. Haven't watched carci in a while, glad to see he's got a good run going.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Social Media posted:

the latino couch commentator is killing it right now

I enjoy that edit, and I agree.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Social Media posted:

2 domestic abuse jokes in one day

I was away for a minute, what was said by who

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Oh good it's not NG+. Also follow Carci because his runs are good and fun

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Also many who stream full time still live with their parents because they don't actually make enough to live on their own.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Woke up to see MechaRichter and PJ on the couch, good. I fell asleep right after the RE4 run started, should I watch that later and did I miss anything after that?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I accidentally opened chat for a second, how the hell does anyone deal with that on Twitch.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

TheMadMilkman posted:

Whether Twitch chat is bearable depends largely on the streamer. Some are practically non-existent, some actually have decent conversation, and some are full of the tumblr crowd desperately vying for the attention of their favorite Twitch celeb (these can be highly entertaining).

With anything as large as GDQ, however, chat will inevitably turn into a meme-based spam fest.

Yeah, I usually can at least read elajjaz's chat fine so I thought it was probably the size of the event. That was a chill run, I played the Genesis version of the game as a kid.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

This is a pretty drat informative run really.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Kikka posted:

But not a very exciting one.

Nah, but I didn't expect Castle of Illusion to be super exciting.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I hope PJ has horribly wrong things happen with his cart as per usual.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

That was a strongth run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Alienware commercials are the most ridiculous things.

• Locked thread