Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Cubey posted:

i used to like caleb, but his douchey, stealing-the-spotlight speech after that race he lost really soured me on him.

Which race was that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Looking a the schedule for the first time, I can't imagine how mind numbing a 2 hour Shenmue speed run must be.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Great start to the run.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Dank dank chokes

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Guy isn't channeling the power of his goku shirt very well.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Dias posted:

Every time I watch Yoshi's Island I'm kinda floored by how stupid technical the game is.

I'm just constantly amazed by how well the game has aged in basically every single way.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

This is breaking my brain.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Zorglorfian posted:

The frog boss is the best in this game. The next boss is too, but it's INCREDIBLY easy to beat...

The frog boss gave me nightmares as a kid :cry:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Accordion playing in my heart.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This co-commentator is so worthless.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Trihex is doing an amazing job of solo commentary so the run is still good. It sucks that everytime he tries to get his co-commentator to help him though he just gets dead air. He hasn't said a single useful thing.

swag swag~

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

sout posted:

Maybe so but I never heard anyone say it's brilliant

Sadly "not terrible" is amazing by Sonic standards.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Little Mac posted:

I actually think Sonic Generations is the best Sonic game of all time. :blush:

Being a retread of when the series wasn't poo poo isn't worth much.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Got em :suicide:

What a lovely game.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I love this edgy as gently caress music and environment juxtaposed with Sonic's goofy rear end design.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Okay the game ends with you straight up killing Eggman. Edgy.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Crain posted:

So I just checked and yes, there will be a Touhou block again.

So these guys will be back:

Did they actually find a good Touhou game to play this year so there might be something redeeming about it?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Cuatal posted:

Just found out this was on, anything ridiculous happen yet?

Nothing out of the ordinary for the event at any rate.

Crain posted:

I have no loving idea. I know nothing about that stuff beyond how creepy it comes off as.

On the schedule the games are: Marisa and Alice's Trap Tower and Youyou Kengeki Musou. Sooooooo......?

Gonna hazard a guess that at least one of these is a bad SMW clone.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Rocketlex posted:

That's Miyamoto.

Apparently he had a grudge against that game because it came out during the development of Yoshi's Island and everyone but him fell in love with the art style. For the entirety of Yoshi's Island's development, he had to fight off people wanting to change the art-style to pre-rendered CG like DKC.

He's since admitted the game isn't as bad as he used to say it was.

I think the DKC games are hideous and Yoshi's Island has aged wonderfully so Miyamoto was right.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

This had made me realize we're in for the long haul of people donating to say RIP Iwata.

Event isn't even for the PCF but that's not gonna stop them!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Guy GDQ is much more professional now.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

SWMadness posted:

I feel bad for this kid because I'm really bad at trying to talk and play video games or do other tasks at the same time, but if you KNOW THIS AHEAD OF TIME, then why are you doing your own commentary and not bring in a friend to explain poo poo for you.

Why.

This guy thinks he's good at commentary though. He thinks he's hilarious, which is why he doesn't shut up. If he just stuck too explaining stuff and not trying so hard to make jokes he'd be fine. Nobody has ever told him he's not funny.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
How much do I have to donate to finally make runners stop making the "this boss is SUPER HARD guys :iamafag:" joke.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Toxxupation posted:

man every time i played re4 i never ever EVER worried about ashley, she was like the least offensive version of the npc you have to baby around ever

Ashley angered me not because I had to protect her, but because she kept managing to get kidnapped in increasingly stupid ways.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

then blame the game devs for being really lacking in imagination, not the imaginary character in a videogame that has nothing except what other people put into it

I keep trying to come up with a response to this but I can't even parse it. Are you saying people always have to say they dislike the creators of fictional characters rather than the character themself? Why??

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

jesus christ you nerds, i'm just saying it's weird to go 'i hate this character because they get captured in dumb situations'
I don't think most people would consider that weird.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

me: videogame people aren't real people, but game developers are, and a character getting in stuck in a dumb trap or two in a resident evil game is what always happens because the game developers say so

goons: buh? :psyduck:

Do you not understand how fiction works or something.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i'm not gonna talk about it anymore but there's a big difference between saying 'this person is an rear end in a top hat' or 'this person is really annoying' and going 'i hate this person because they get stuck in traps' in a resident evil game of all things. it's b-grade horror movie poo poo.

Yeah and I hate basically every other character in the series too because its all written poorly. Didn't realize I had to mention that in my post to keep you from going off on an absurd tangent.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Locked down by hula girls.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Toejam & Earl is nice and chill, just like this speed run.

Eonwe posted:

im glad ill get off work when geoff's run is over

he is an IRL anime who makes the stream more about donations than about the stream

Is being an IRL anime a good or bad thing too you?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I can understand most technical problems but how the hell is the timer getting screwed up multiple times?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Mazreal posted:

i hope the sweat doesn't wash the koolaid out of his hair

Oh what the gently caress that's his hair? Up until now I thought he was wearing a hat.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Baseball murder :shepface:

VVV a sentient baseball

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Yeah okay game, you have problems with that baseball.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What the hell is Spica Adventure?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Audience is really hyped for this little pink anime.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

touhou owns though

lovely Touhou fan games run by awkward nerds do not though.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Crain posted:

Just a reminder that this is Touhou Doune Qouick looks like:

Surprised by the neckbeard count only being at 2.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Twilight Princess run sounds dreadful solely because you can't skip cutscenes in it, can you? Though I think it has some interesting glitches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I think its really cool that some company made these ultra hard insane games that can only be properly played by a handful of people across the entire globe.

• Locked thread