Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

I played the original back on the DS, so Gall's completely new to me (So's this dungeon and its boss, actually). Don't know much about him, but he's looking pretty great so far.

Also have to say, I definitely enjoy that the Soma evolving is a legitimate new weapon to equip. The DS version didn't change the sprite on the Soma even when you evolved it, which is understandable, considering it's a DS game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

I... want to say that there was a confessional booth in the original, but I legitimately don't remember. Not being able to read the text probably didn't help, heh. But, hey, Gall's getting some great lines in, I'd say :allears:

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Beryl, probably my favorite character in the original :allears: She didn't get a FMV crashing into Ultra Marine's office in the DS version.

Ahem. Anyways, are the Spir Mazes just generic dungeons? In the DS version, I believe they were randomly generated dungeons that had a limit on how long you could walk in there (basically a timer that ticked down for every few steps). I think you either get kicked out of the dungeon or actually get a non-standard game over, it's been a while. Raising it required finding special treasure chests that filled the timer a bit (or fighting some of the xerom), which could also came with stuff that increased or decreased the amount a step took off the timer.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Logicblade posted:

Yeah the characters interact a lot better now that we have about a third of a female lead back and a nearly full party. Actually, do we have a full party?

Nope, there's still two, one of whom is my personal favorite ever since the DS version.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Think you've got two copies of the same update in one post, Imp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Junpei posted:

Kohaku's our martial artist character, like Jude or Senel, right?

Optimally, she's a better mage than she is a close-range fighter, I think. In the DS version she had a small amount of physical moves (which I think they fixed by adding a lot more in R) and mainly had Fire, Light, and Wind spells, with multi-targeting heal moves except for Heal (Which is a contrast to Hisui, prioritizing in stronger, single-target healing except for Nurse).

Fun thing to note, too, both the Hearts siblings get an arte that's literally just a super-strong kick that makes the enemy roll away from them.

• Locked thread