Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moola
Aug 16, 2006
OP suck my gay rear end whole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

kazr posted:

lol future retirees are hosed

lol if you think retirement will even be a thing in 5 years

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Razorwired posted:

I think you mean a Nelly joke. Tip Drill came out like 5 years before the Family Guy episode.

This is literally what I think of when I made the comment. Glad you got it :hf:

exethan posted:

why don't you calm down and have a nice Iowa Chop

I will, and I won't be rummaging through my wallet for a wad of sweaty cash to make the servers life harder. I'll swipe the card, write in a generous tip, and be on my way.

Honestly I can kind of understand having some on hand for small expenditures. I Just don't get folks that REFUSE to use a bank or have some kind of allergy to direct deposit.

NO NO I want to give 15% of my income to financial institutions in withdrawal charges, cash checking fees, money order fees, and handling fees! I am pulling a fast one on Big Brother!

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
servers really prefer cash tips. when I pay by card I always try to tip in cash. however I am happy you are not so out of touch that you don't tip.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

Chinatown posted:

i use a credit card for everything to build my credit score. i pay it off every month.

also i have enough frequent flyer miles from (using the card) that i basically have two free round trip flights to almost anywhere in the world.

this nigga got it goin on, I do the same.

Fish Cant Hold Gun
Jul 2, 2015

by Ralp
I'm really poor but have big dreams

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
credit card companies own they give me free poo poo and free cash all the time. amex is especially ownage. ok cool cya guys later

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
credit cards own if for no other reason than being able to just walk away and say 'gently caress you' to any company that even starts to mess around with you. for some reason i always have a shitload of trouble with optometrists and instead of sitting around for months waiting for them to give me back my money or the product i paid for i just call in the big guns the moment i start to get even a lil frustrated. it's great.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
my amex gives me a flat 2% cash back on everything and doubles the warranty of everything i buy. lol at idiots who use cash

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qQ7SmBP7mQ

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Ever since I lost my wallet with like $400 cash in it, I try not to carry more than about $20 with me.

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013
I only use cash to buy drugs. This is 2015!

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

i hope there is a big solar flare that knocks out all your precious debit card servers so my change filled velcro wallet will be the savior of man kind

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

toggle posted:

i hope there is a big solar flare that knocks out all your precious debit card servers so my change filled velcro wallet will be the savior of man kind

Lol jokes on you, my debit cards run off of solar flares.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Also its not just about Debit cards, its about using electronic payment options and using a bank/ non cash payments. Its just the way of the world now, its not 1955.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

lol the dollar is going to fail and then all you cash users are going to be sorry while I'm using my debit and credit cards

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
hey op I dont care and think it is funny that you wrote all those words on this topic

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Hmm op have you heard of bitcoin it is like money but it is backed by math instead of fraudulent fiat currency. It is easy to use and payments are instant and have no fees unlike your cave man debit cards

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Quote-Unquote posted:

Hmm op have you heard of bitcoin it is like money but it is backed by math instead of fraudulent fiat currency. It is easy to use and payments are instant and have no fees unlike your cave man debit cards

Bitcoin is stupid for the same reasons cash only is stupid. If you can't access your poo poo, you can't buy anything. ANd if you DO want to access it, grats on paying someone for t he HONOR of withdrawing your own money.

Its like thx for working here employee, we've deposited 5 bit coins into your account, good luck paying your rent idiot.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Jastiger posted:

Bitcoin is stupid for the same reasons cash only is stupid. If you can't access your poo poo, you can't buy anything. ANd if you DO want to access it, grats on paying someone for t he HONOR of withdrawing your own money.

Its like thx for working here employee, we've deposited 5 bit coins into your account, good luck paying your rent idiot.

Clearly you are a Luddite and an idiot have fun with your useless plastic cards when Obama declares the US is a caliphate and the dollar collapses

Manifest Despair
Aug 20, 2008
i'm heavily diversity in my investments on futures mining, 100% pure copper. Pull out 100 pounds a week, 3% growth on the Cu, for 40 years at a rate of 9%,returns on expense ratio,I retire in 10 years mostly with a refi loan on my 2016 Ford F-450, roll-that over on a trade-in put that in my index funds I'm looking at 100k easy money. You've got Minimum wage workers not using their brains I'm out here hauling copper busting my loving rear end,

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i don't have a credit score. no good reason, just not into it.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
My investment strategy is to constantly buy assault rifles, roll them up in carpets and stash them in various places around my house.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Omi-Polari posted:

My investment strategy is to constantly buy assault rifles, roll them up in carpets and stash them in various places around my house.

That sounds pretty solid. mine is and shall remain, heavy in pills and shoes.

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

i was trying to buy snacks on my bike ride at the snack shack that's next to the bicycle path and they only took cash, pretty backwards imo

this snack place is a store, not a tent

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
as a Free Man of the Land i, a natural flesh blooded person, do not consent to enjoinder with the merchant occupation state. I, the true bound man only use free melted gold bullion, the natural currency as intended by the God of Man.

Top City Homo fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Aug 3, 2015

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Demonachizer posted:

I almost never have cash. It makes it way easier to not feel bad about not giving homeless people money because most of them don't can't process debit or credit transactions.

I mean it is kind of their fault for not accepting cards really.

:allears:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
vols bitch

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

hahaha jastinger jesus that's loving so stupid thats exactly the opposite of good advice and we will see how u feel when a $723.40 charge from cumdaddy. com pops up as an ACH transaction whoops thats your money sorry,nobody really cares here at the bank

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

Top City Homo posted:

as a Free Man of the Land i, a natural flesh blooded person, do not consent to enjoinder with the merchant occupation state. I, the true bound man only use free melted gold bullion, the natural currency as intended by the God of Man.

as intended by the the God of Man and established in the UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE (UCC)

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

basement jihadist posted:

hahaha jastinger jesus that's loving so stupid thats exactly the opposite of good advice and we will see how u feel when a $723.40 charge from cumdaddy. com pops up as an ACH transaction whoops thats your money sorry,nobody really cares here at the bank

As a goon in the fraud department, I will totally put a block on your card and request docs be sent in for your debit card account. What's that, you need to pay your bills? Sorry! Gonna need those docs first.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

Wicker Man posted:

As a goon in the fraud department, I will totally put a block on your card and request docs be sent in for your debit card account. What's that, you need to pay your bills? Sorry! Gonna need those docs first.

yoou have 48 HOURS GOGOGOG
credit card co is like "yeah... whos fuckin with my money? who? tell me who this motherfucker is thats my money bitch dont knwo"

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
To the guys stalling the line to use his debit card to pay for his 2$ coffee: gently caress off. You should value your time more, and ours too.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

credit cards are cool and good. post the best credit cards you got

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Jastiger posted:

Kill yourself. Today Jastiger is declaring Fatwa's on those that don't have debit cards or only use cash.

Its 2015, and these things are literally FREE. You don't need a bank account, you don't need a credit card, you don't even need to leave the freakin' house. Its like the height of laziness and irresponsibility to refuse to participate in our economy and expect the red carpet from folk.

Aaaaaaand another thing. What the hell is it with people with absolutely no credit history, no insurance history, and tons of stuff in collections or whatever and then believing Obama or the NSA or whoever is coming for their info.

Yeah, Obama and Eric Holder wants to come and take over your trailer in Bumfuck, Kentucky, better not let anyone get your birthday EVER. But yeah, you just posted your entire work life on facebook and continuously google how to file registration numbers off of guns. But no, you've got one over on the government hiding our poo poo.

I grow weary of dealing with people that are just ridiculously obtuse, paranoid, and all around huge pain in my rear end. If you don't have a debit card and you're posting on the forums, you need to have an unplanned rapid dis-assembly right now.

chill out man

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
lmbo if you don't use bitcoin exclusively

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
why would i use my debit card

the rewards suck and there is less protection when your card inevitably gets stolen by a disgruntled min wage worker or a credit card skimmer

literally lol if you use a debit card

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

ashgromnies posted:

why would i use my debit card

the rewards suck and there is less protection when your card inevitably gets stolen by a disgruntled min wage worker or a credit card skimmer

literally lol if you use a debit card

b-b-b-but managing your finances and not over spending on credit is hard!

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
At least with plastic you have some recourse. Oh no dropped your wallet or misplaced a check? gently caress you pay me now.

Oh yeah lemme just literally call in my bills. While your punk rear end takes the bus and hopes there isn't a line. Lol.

It literally costs money to not have a bank account in today's world, more than it does to have one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Demonachizer posted:

I almost never have cash. It makes it way easier to not feel bad about not giving homeless people money because most of them don't can't process debit or credit transactions.

I mean it is kind of their fault for not accepting cards really.

i tried this routine once on a bum who was harassing us outside a bar and he whipped out a square reader for his smart phone. i told him to go gently caress himself but i was still impressed

• Locked thread