Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I've been requesting an LP of this for years, my expectations are high, don't gently caress it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Jansen is a cool dude. They give him a lot of great lines.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I don't cry easy. A lot of things where, watching something, people say it drove them to tears, I didn't get close to feeling like that at all.

But the Thousand Years of Dreams. There's so many of them that, I dunno, find a way to completely bypass my psychological defenses. Even ones I've seen before can be devastating over and over again.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I'd say a lot of the emotional impact comes from the subject matter. Lost Odyssey, especially the Thousand Years of Dreams, heavily examines themes of mortality and loneliness that are difficult for humans to handle on a fundamental level.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Kaim... has a hard life. He needs time to rest. He won't be allowed to.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I wonder how many people quit the game after reaching this boss.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

It's early enough that people might not be invested enough in it to power through it, too.

In terms of an early tutorial boss, they'd have been better off having you fight something with two ranks first.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I mean... I'm pretty sure they could have straight up switched this boss with the next boss and it would have been better fits in terms of teaching the system.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

When I said "they could have replaced the first boss with the second one"... I think I meant the cavalry one. My brain kinda blocked out the para-flare slug from my memory.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

If you decide to do some sidequests offscreen and they aren't that fun, maybe either do a slideshow of the important bits (what the person who gives you the quest says, where you end up going, and what you get for it) at the beginning of a video. Or, hell, just do a few screenshots.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

This poo poo right here is why I've been asking for an LP of this game for years.

Incidentally, in your unedited videos could you up the game volume a little, it's almost inaudible compared to you guys talking.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Even when they're happy, their primary purpose is to show how hosed Kaim's life is.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Seriously, SNAKEFACE is like something straight out of a B horror movie, and it's wedged in between an emotional turmoil sandwich.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I'm gonna express an opinion here that I don't think I've seen yet in this thread, so it might be kinda unorthodox, so bare with me: Jensen is great.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Hi, I know the thread has died down a little but I just wanted to say I'm still watching and enjoying this.

Incidentally, I know it's an out of LP resource but this YouTube channel has videos of all the Thousand Years of Dreams.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

On the topic of Sarah's Dream, apparently the Immortals are from some Other World and that's why they don't age. Is this some sort of purgatory for them, or is this world just not capable of handling their presence in its reality, like they're some sort of anomalies? Hm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I think he counted me among the five people in the first place, seeing as I've been following this from the beginning.

• Locked thread