Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
NEWEST UPDATE 7/03/2017: Episode 27 and Dream 23

Hello friends and denizens of the various corners of the internet and reality, I am Sgt Thud. You may know me but you probably don't. I'm bad at introductions and have odd opinions about what games are good or not. Lost Odyssey is one of those games, and I'm going to be attempting to show it off for you all to decide if I'm wrong or not on it being a pretty good game.

What is Lost Odyssey?
Lost Odyssey is a 2007 JRPG developed by Mistwalker Studios and FeelPlus (a subsidiary of AQ Interactive alongside Cavia. Most of us know how that ended), and directed by Hironobu Sakaguchi, the man behind Final Fantasy. Its soundtrack is composed by Nobou Uematsu, also of Final Fantasy fame, and it's character designs are by Takehito Inoue, known for creating the mangas Slam Dunk and Vagabond. The game was released exclusively on the Xbox 360 which, let's be honest, did it absolutely no favors whatsoever, especially in Japan. Despite this, it garnered some fanbase for being fairly well written and having a more adult focused storyline.

That just sounds like another Final Fantasy.
Yeah pretty much, in the end.

What's the format for this?
This will be a video LP done with me and 3 friends as commentary(Sir Matthias C. Twinnings, a gentleman of Ruin, and the Frog). I will be explaining how the game works and pointing out important things, while my friends, who are mostly blind coming into this, yell over each other about how dumb peoples costumes are and how obvious the plot is. And how kissable Kaim may or may not be.
I'm shooting for at least 1 video a week, maybe more if I get a backlog going. I will also include supplementary videos for the soundtrack and a part of the game called the Thousand Years of Dreams.

Thousand Years of what now?
The Thousand Years of Dreams is a collection of short stories written by a well known Japanese writer named Kiyoshi Shigematsu. Each one details an experience or encounter in Kaim's past and reinforces how much it sucks to be him. They are presented in game as a somewhat animated text crawl with ambient sound effects and thematic background art, kind of like a visual novel which is nice in-game, but tends to drag on a bit depending on reading speed. Each one is found in a specific place in the game by seeing something that sparks a memory in Kaim, and can be viewed at any time after by sleeping at an inn or other bed. I will be providing a simple transcript of each, unless there is enough demand to watch 8-15 minutes of slightly animated text roughly 30 times.

Sounds interesting enough, but about the game itself, what's good?
The cast is decently developed, mostly composed of older characters with no chosen hero impetus. The soundtrack is excellent, the voice acting is in general pretty good or at least entertainingly goofy, and the combat system is simple but requires some level of strategy making it easy to understand but not mindless.

What's bad?
The pacing can be a bit sluggish at times, the plot occasionally trips over itself, there's a character who thinks two thongs is a valid fashion, and there are two bratty children in your party that you can't ignore. Also there are random battles in a 2007 game.

What's ugly?
The game takes up 4 discs, has loading times constantly for everything, and the character models are a bit stiffly animated and fall into the uncanny valley at times. Additionally, the games framerate is not always stable and occasionally shudders. Also our recording is a bit er...rough for the first few episodes. We're all new at recording and things didn't quite go as planned.

Will this be a 100% run?
HAHAHAHAHA no. This is a JRPG, it has JRPG levels of sidequests and collectables and random stuff to completely miss by mistake. I'll do all the noteworthy stuff like optional bosses and the like, but I'm not going to collect every Seed or do every Errand. No one wants to do that; no one wants to watch that.

Why do you sound like you've got allergies?
Because I do, to basically everything outdoors. Sorry, I try to be as clear as possible.

Whats the spoiler policy?
Please refrain from spoiling. I don't mind speculation, but please refrain from talking about spoiler stuff. This game is 8 years old, but it's also not very well known, so the plot isn't super common knowledge. Black boxing minor stuff like mechanics or whatever is alright I guess.

I think that about covers it, I hope I can bring some entertainment to you folks out there, or at least show off a game I feel most people don't really know about.

Episode 1: Phallic War Machines - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)
Episode 2: Wrinkly Old Neck - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)
Episode 3: Forty-Five Minutes - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)
Episode 4: Grilgans Island - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)
Episode 5: Magic OSHA - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)
Episode 6: There's a Catch - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)
Episode 7: Expressive - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)
Episode 8: Switzerland - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)
Episode 9: Fond Farewells: Dailymotion(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut) (Due to Youtube being a butt, the Cut Commentary for this episode is on Dailymotion.)
Episode 10: Puberty is Weird - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)
Crimson Forest Boss Failures: Youtube | Polsy
Episode 11: Super Mega Death Switzerland - Youtube(Uncut) | ]Polsy(Uncut)
Episode 12: Praise be to Kelolon - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)
Episode 13: Blue Skadoo - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)
Episode 14: Mount Moon - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)
Episode 15: Underwear is Optional - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)
Episode 16-1: Ask Your Doctor About Magic Stroke - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)
Episode 16-2: Subtlety - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)
Episode 17: Editing Failure - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)
Episode 18: Bolshoy Vidalia - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)
Episode 19: Train Daycare - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)
Episode 20: A Place in my Heart of Darkness - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)
Episode 21: Jello Shots - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)
Episode 22: Engage the Ice Monster - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)
Episode 23: Talk About Anything But - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)
Episode 24: Stealing from Refugees - Youtube | Polsy
Episode 25: Lizard Teamwork - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)
Episode 26: Money Money Money - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)
Episode 27: Family Matters - Youtube | Polsy

Hanna's Departure - Transcript
White Flowers - Transcript
A Hero's Return - Transcript
In the Mind of a Captive - Transcript
A Mother Comes Home - Transcript
Little Liar - Transcript
The Upstreamers: Transcript
They Live in Shells: Transcript
The Talkative Mercenary: Transcript
Don't Forget Me Now, You Hear?: Transcript
Letters from a Weakling: Transcript
Evening Bell: Transcript
Portraitist of the Dead: Transcript
Elegy Island: Transcript
Seth's Dream Part 1: Transcript
The Hero: Transcript
The Bread of Grandma Coto: Transcript
So Long, Friend: Transcript
The Tragedy of the Butcher General: Transcript
The Story of Old Man Greo: Transcript
Seth's Dream Part 2: Transcript
Bright Rain: Transcript
The Ranking of Lives: Transcript

Wohl Highlands
The Gun Barrel of Battle
The Capital of Uhra
Neverending Journey
Ipsilon Mountains
Battle with the Demonic Beast
Battle Conditions
A Formidable Enemy Appears!
The White Mothership
Numara Palace
The Capital of Numara
Parting Forever
Gongoras Plot
Kaette Kuru, Kitto (Piano Version)
March of War
Crisis and Warning
Theme of the Pirates
Tolsa Village
Witches Mansion
Kaette Kuru, Kitto (Vocal Version)
Space Distortion
Dark Saint
Escape!

Sgt Thud fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jul 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
[Reserved]

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012

Episode 1: Phallic War Machines - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)

It's the first episode! The audio is a little scratchy despite my efforts, but here we'll be covering the introductions and opening scenes of the game, and introducing our main character and the basic battle mechanics.

MUSIC SELECTIONS
Wohl Highlands
The Gun Barrel of Battle

Sgt Thud fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 27, 2015

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

Yeah, but is there fashion?

Sorry, no. I can't put Kaim in a fleshbutt pair of pants. The incredibly silly default designs will have to do.

Dr. Snark posted:

And you can actually die in that battle with the phallic mech, but you get auto-resurrected anyway. You literally can't lose it.

See I didn't know that because I never tested it. I always just popped a heal if I was worried.

JT Jag posted:

I've been requesting an LP of this for years, my expectations are high, don't gently caress it up

Oh god the pressure! I'll do my best, sir!

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
I've added these to the first update post as well, now that I've got the OST and can post the tracks of importance. From the first update we have the area theme of the tutorial region, and the standard battle theme. Have a listen!

Wohl Highlands
The Gun Barrel of Battle

The second episode will probably go up tomorrow, and marks the last episode in which Matthias has microphone issues. He got a better mic afterwards and his sound quality stops sounding like static/a tin can. Thank you for bearing with us as we work out the kinks, most of us are new to this recording thing.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
Ok so here's the deal. Our first audio recording corrupted and was missing a huge chunk. Then we tried to redo it and the recorder crashed. Then we did it a third time and Matthias's microphone cord snagged and started shorting, so he sounds likes a tin man. I did my best to make things audible and intelligible but it kinda caused some audio issues for the rest of us, so I did my best to find a balance. HOWEVER, right after this he got a replacement microphone and our audio for everything past this point is significantly better. I didn't want to make them re-record this episode a 4th time, considering it's mostly just cutscenes anyway, so apologies. I'll be doing episode 3 a bit faster than usual to make up for it and power us through the slow beginning of the game. Thank you all again for bearing with us as we find our stride here.

That said, here's episode 2. We enter the capital city, see some nice scenery, learn how much stuff is just hidden in trash cans, and meet some old political guys talking about big sticks.

Episode 2: Wrinkly Old Neck - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)

Musical Selections
The Capital of Uhra

Sgt Thud fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jul 28, 2015

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
Audio Issues Sorted: Check!
Allergies: Check!
The Last of Uhra for a while: Check!

Here's Episode 3! We get our plot and some backstory, meet our beginning party, and remember our families.

Episode 3: Forty-Five Minutes - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)

Sgt Thud fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jul 30, 2015

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
We found a few of Kaim's dreams during episode 3, so I'll be starting to post them periodically as well. I'll be including both a link to a video as they appear in-game, as well as the transcript if you'd prefer to simply read them.

Hanna's Departure - Youtube | Polsy | Transcript

Zain posted:

I'm glad you're doing this playthrough, I've always wanted to play this game but could never find it (If I did it was too much money and too low quality everything else)

Edit: Only gripe is the audio quality of everyone commentating.

Yeah I know. We're trying to get the quality to work, but what sounded good while doing the recording hasn't always come out the way we thought. I'm trying my best to clean it up, and I think it's getting better each time. Such is the life of working with people who have never had themselves recorded till now, I guess. We're not professionals, and we don't own several-hundred-dollar recording equipment like the superstars. Sorry, I'm trying my best.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012

Zain posted:

Few things I wanna say. I actually am really surprised about how great the voice acting is in this game. It really feels, more than most games, like these are actual characters. And the VA's aren't just "reading from a script".

It's worth noting that the dub of this game was done first, actually. That may be part of why everyone sounds so natural.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Please tell me Japanese players found the VA work wooden and dry.
Some reciprocation for FFX is overdue.

From what I can gather, the English dub was generally considered the better one. Jansen in particular is boring in Japanese by comparison.

vvvv: His actor is credited as one Michael McGaharn. You may know him as the voice of Knuckles the Echidna in Sonic Adventure 1 and 2. He's not done anything since Lost Odyssey though.

Sgt Thud fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 2, 2015

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
Alright, time to actually get out of the town for once and do some stuff. Today we climb a mountain, complain about complaining, and throw people's soup.

Episode 4: Grilgans Island - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)

Music Selections
Ipsilon Mountains

Sgt Thud fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Aug 6, 2015

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
I also said it last page, but it's worth repeating. McGaharn is credited as Knuckles the Echidna in both Sonic Adventures.

Jay Rubin also didn't want to do the stories at first because he "originally objected to what he perceived as "adding to the world's supply of senseless violence," he relented after viewing the material and being "shocked" at its pacifist message and "vivid imagery"."

Sgt Thud fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Aug 6, 2015

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
Really if Grilgan did may 2/3 the damage he does he'd be fine for teaching the system. The issue is he hits so hard that your methods of healing are a net loss if used, and he has enough health that trying to maintain your own HP means he simply outlives you. Plus, if he decides to use Down Burst more than once it's basically a party wipe.

Now admittedly, I did goof up and miss a minor sidequest in town. There's a guy by the main elevator that mentions a soldier missing his helmet. Finding said helmet earns you a free anti-posion charm, which helps a good deal against our feathered friend. You can buy them in the next shop after the mountains, but by then you've beaten Grilgan. But I feel it's honeslty better to show how some of this game goes without being 100% prepared for everything; I want to give a feel for how things would work to a new player and show why some areas get considered stumbling blocks.

Now then, without further ado, the soundtrack selections from episode 4!

Ipsilon Mountains

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
Sorry for frequent posts, had to do this update in chunks. Here's the next dream, get some tissues.

White Flowers - Youtube | Polsy | Transcript

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012

Kegluneq posted:

drat/. Who wants to live forever, anyway?

These dreams, and Kaim's reaction on waking up from his nightmare, do a great job of adding some character to our otherwise Stoic Anime Badass protagonist. Hopefully the dreams won't all involve dead girls though.

Nah, there's dead boys, women, men, animals, and flowers too! Mortality is a running theme, though not all will be sad.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
Next update will be up probably Wednesday. Until then, have the third dream we picked up. This one was found by speaking to the drinking soldier in the tavern in Uhra.

A Hero's Return - Youtube | Polsy | Transcript

Thank you again to everyone watching.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
New update! Today we finish the rest of Ipsilon Mountains, grab a few dreams I forgot about, and meet the worlds lousiest construction staff. Since it's not really much of a plot progressing episode, being mostly dungeon and town, I'll try and get the next episode up a bit sooner than usual.

Episode 5: Magic OSHA - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)

No new music this time

Zain posted:

Nice! Can't wait for the new video. Gotta wonder when this game peaks.

I'd say this is the slowest part of the game, once we get to the next dungeon, it's pretty much dungeon or plot for the rest of the game.

Dr. Snark posted:

Well to be honest, the early game is a bitch. A lot of early enemies have abilities and such that are a pain to deal with, and we won't be getting any new party members for a little while longer. If you aren't ready and prepared for these early fights, you are hosed.
He speaks truth. The hardest bosses are the first few, because once you have a dedicated white mage and a full party, you've got so many actions per round and so many tools that the enemies threat level curve doesn't really keep up as well.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
Alright, so episode 5 was kinda filler, so here's episode 6 a little early. Today we reference old, tired pop culture fads, terrible anatomical horrors, and Tekken characters.

Episode 6: There's a Catch - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)

Musical Selections
Battle Conditions
A Formidable Enemy Appears!

Sgt Thud fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Aug 21, 2015

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
So who's ready for cutscenes, because like 60% of this episode is cutscenes! Join us as we explore a boat, become aware of jiggle physics, and watch Jansen ruin everything.

Episode 7: Expressive - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)

Musical Selections
The White Mothership
Numara Palace

I'll be getting more of the Thousand Years of Dreams up soon, there's not been a good spot to stop and record a bunch of them yet is all. Also, we finally found a better audio method that works for all our OS's (stupid macs and windows 10's), so there'll be another bump in sound quality starting next episode.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
I'm a new guy at this, I'm unpolished and inexperienced, but I can guarantee you this LP will be to completion. It might not have the quality and practiced presentation of the big names of LP, but I've been wanting to do this for a long time and I intend to see it through. I'll do every bonus dungeon and boss as well. I'm not going to 100% every minor sidequest because really who wants to watch that though.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012

CmdrKing posted:

Definitely the right decision. Holy crap this game sometimes.

Well most of the lesser stuff is just "Go to X place and find the hidden thingy" or "Run in circles around the world delivering poo poo." It's not like you'd miss much by me not showing it.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012

JT Jag posted:

If you decide to do some sidequests offscreen and they aren't that fun, maybe either do a slideshow of the important bits (what the person who gives you the quest says, where you end up going, and what you get for it) at the beginning of a video. Or, hell, just do a few screenshots.

Kegluneq posted:

Yeah, it seems a shame to exclude material entirely. TBH you could just list stuff not shown in the video when you post updates.

Fake edit: Or if it's stuff you're not doing at all, maybe just summarise it at the end. I haven't played this so don't know how faffy the sidequests are, but if there's no interesting content at all then we don't really need to see it.

Yeah, I'll see how things go down the line. The next episode has one minor sidequest done in a series of short jump cuts since it's fairly mundane, for example. I'll try not to just completely leave stuff out, but I'm not gonna try and 100% everything or we'd be here forever. There is one DLC dungeon and superboss in this game, which I have not purchased, so I'll wait till near the endgame to find out if people are interested enough to warrant getting and doing that as well.

Sgt Thud fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Aug 24, 2015

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
Alright friends, new update time! We've been set free to explore Numara, and that's precisely what we'll do. Join us as we play tag, humor dumb children, defend some flowers, and more!

Episode 8: Switzerland - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)

Musical Selections
The Capital of Numara
Parting Forever

And we've got a new Dream as well! This one is a bit different from the others so far. This Dream was found by overhearing the off-duty prison guard in Virno's Tavern discuss how he doesn't understand why the inmates are so rowdy.

In the Mind of a Captive - Youtube | Polsy | Transcript

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012

JT Jag posted:

This poo poo right here is why I've been asking for an LP of this game for years.

Incidentally, in your unedited videos could you up the game volume a little, it's almost inaudible compared to you guys talking.

Yeah, sorry I was trying to avoid the game and us just muddling together if we talk at the same time, and we talk often enough that auto-ducking tends to sound spastic. I'll fiddle with it some more and try and find a happy medium.

EDIT: I do all the sound editing with headphones on, so maybe try that? I'm listening to it right now with my headphones on and the game sounds pretty reasonably audible even with us.

Sgt Thud fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Aug 28, 2015

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
Got another dream for you all to help tide over until the next full episode. This one was found in Virno's Tavern as well, by talking to a man drinking at the bar.

A Mother Comes Home - Youtube | Polsy | Transcript

RareAcumen posted:

This game is amazing.

You're now our favorite person for bothering to capture those two moments in shareable form!

Slaan posted:

Poor Kaim. Is this game seriously going to make me sad every time I watch a video or read a transcript? :(

Nah, honestly the sad stuff is somewhat frontloaded in this game. We'll start getting more chipper or at least more heartwarming stuff soon enough.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
Update time! So last time was sad! This time is less sad! There's mud! Snakes! A boat! Also sad!

Episode 9 - Fond Farewells: Dailymotion(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)

Musical Selections
Gongoras Plot
Kaettu Kuru, Kitto (Piano Version)

Fake Edit: So Youtube's Content ID copyright thing is convinced the Cut Commentary video has a song called Oceania by Serge Elmalem in it, so unfortunately I had to find a substitute host, which is why you get good ol' Dailymotion. Sorry, hopefully it won't happen again.

vvvvvvvv: Thanks, I'm having a great day it seems.

Sgt Thud fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Sep 6, 2015

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
Got a longer update for you guys today as we cover the Crimson Forest and it's various flora and fauna. There's frogs! Me getting caught on geometry again! Cackling balloon goblins!

EDIT: Cut Commentary is fixed.

Episode 10: Puberty is Weird - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)

I've also got another dream for you to watch/read. Hasn't been a terribly sad one in a while, and this one won't really break the streak. One of the longer dreams though. We found this one by talking to the girl and her father at Uhra's train station.

Little Liar - Youtube | Polsy | Transcript

Sgt Thud fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Sep 10, 2015

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012

Zain posted:

The video stopped at the 17 minute mark at least on the cut. Yeah uncut is fine, but Cut has the video black out at 17 minutes in.

Alright, I'll look into it. It was fine before I uploaded it.

Edit: ok yeah, something goofed in the upload process, lemme see about fixing it. Sorry guys.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
Just a heads up, I fixed the Cut Commentary, so that video should be working now. Thanks for your patience!

AnotherGamer posted:

One minor thing you could do is to show off what happens if you gently caress up the second part of the bossfight and end off killing off Mack by accident.

I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure he just flops over in his usual KO animation and you get a Game Over like normal. I can't say I've ever done it though, so I'll double check and see.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV: The curve is odd in that the early bosses are bastards and the enemies are jokes, then the enemies start to be a bigger threat and the bosses get a bit easier, then by endgame everything is kind of an rear end in a top hat with a few cases of weak bosses or weak enemies. In general though, this game does a very good job of no boss feeling too much like any other. Each one, easy or hard, has a gimmick to it that helps it stand out. Random encounters also start including near mini-boss level enemies at times, to keep you on your toes. You cannot just blow through this game by mashing basic attacks and your biggest spells every fight.

That said, if you properly use all your skills and abilities, it will make everything relatively painless.

Sgt Thud fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Sep 11, 2015

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
Ok so I have 3 more episodes recorded, but one of my commentators computers completely kicked the bucket. In the interest of not running out of backlog completely, I'm going to delay the next few updates slightly to try and buy time for him to fix his situation. Also I've added the failure scenes for the Obsidian Miasma fight to the beginning of the next video, I'd forgotten entirely that they programmed unique dialogue for those. Thanks for your patience guys, I'll see about throwing some extra Dreams in just to help bridge the gaps.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
Nope, got things worked out, I'll get updates running again soon! The curse has made it's best efforts though!

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
HAHA, I LIVE! I've fixed most of the issues that caused all the delays, but then my dreams recording got lost somehow, so I need to redo that. I'll double up on dream posts or something to catch us back up to schedule there.

In the mean time, a long video for today's update! There's a nice sword! Underwear! Tanks!!!

Episode 11: Super Mega Death Switzerland - Youtube(Uncut) | ]Polsy(Uncut)

Musical Selections
March of War
Crisis and Warning

vvvv: Thanks, must have copied the wrong link there. Fixed now.

Sgt Thud fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Oct 1, 2015

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
Because I'm a dumbass, I forgot to actually splice the failures for the end of disc 1 boss into the last video. So here they are as a separate video! poo poo's sad, yo.

Crimson Forest Boss Failures: Youtube | Polsy

Next normal update should be sometime around Wednesday. Thanks again for watching!

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
Sorry for the delay, got caught up in commission work, and paid work takes priority. But anyway, update time! We're gonna get some transportation! There's goblins! Sidequests! Non-Canon Loan Shark Characterization!

Episode 12: Praise be to Kelolon - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)

I haven't had time to go back and re-record all the dreams yet, so I'll just be putting the transcripts up for now. I'll get videos up for the all 2 of you who watched them later.

The Upstreamers: Transcript
and while it's not the next in order, it's more plot relevant than other dreams so
Seth's Dream Part 1: Transcript

vvvvvvv: I don't know how I keep doing that. Whatever, fixed.

Sgt Thud fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Oct 15, 2015

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012

AweStriker posted:

...Tolty, are you voiced by Gregg Berger. Because you really, really sound like Gregg Berger.

I think you got it. I little poking around reveals Berger to be credited as "Barkeep" in Lost Odyssey. I'd say that's probably Tolty.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
New update! Time for spooky house! It's got mirrors! A 5 minute random battle! "Puzzles"!

Episode 13: Blue Skadoo - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)

I still haven't had time to go back and re-record all the dreams yet, so I'll just continue putting the transcripts up for now. Sorry for the wait for those who liked the in-game footage of these.
This dream was triggered by being stuck in a cage for several minutes because of General Kakanas.

They Live in Shells: Transcript

Musical Selections
Witches Mansion
Kaette Kuru, Kitto (Vocal Version)
Space Distortion

Sgt Thud fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 25, 2015

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
WELP.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
Sorry about the continued delays, I'll have an update ready to go in the next few days. This one gave me a bear of a time getting the audio edited for several reasons. Also I work a lovely retail job and it's getting to be the holiday hell.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
Took some doing, but it's time for a new update! It's my least favorite dungeon! It's a cave! It has bats! Backtracking! A tedious boss fight! A terrible joke about terrible light novel writing! (Sorry for not cutting it.)

Episode 14: Mount Moon - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)

Comes with the usual side order of a transcript. This dream was found by approaching a child on a bridge in Numara.

The Talkative Mercenary: Transcript

Sgt Thud fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012

BernieLomax posted:

Oh boy I am glad I bought this game. Not sure if it was mentioned, but it took way too long for me to notice how awesome the "world map" music is. Looking at youtube comments it seems I ain't alone.

Yeah I never leave it lingering long enough in the videos, but after a minute or two a kickin' guitar bit comes in and it's pretty great. I should have it in the music list if anyone wants a listen, under the title Neverending Journey.

Also, next update is commentated and just waiting for me to edit the audio. It's a shorter one since we're coming up on a bigger than usual dungeon which will likely take up either 2 videos or a really long video. Disc 2 is also almost over already, and then we'll be at my favorite disc.

Sgt Thud fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 13, 2015

• Locked thread