Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Sgt Thud posted:

Yeah I never leave it lingering long enough in the videos, but after a minute or two a kickin' guitar bit comes in and it's pretty great. I should have it in the music list if anyone wants a listen, under the title Neverending Journey.

Also, next update is commentated and just waiting for me to edit the audio. It's a shorter one since we're coming up on a bigger than usual dungeon which will likely take up either 2 videos or a really long video. Disc 2 is also almost over already, and then we'll be at my favorite disc.

Just caught wind of this thread. I am excited.

This game was the first JRPG I could get my not at all interested in games wife to pay attention to, she'd come running down whenever I discovered a new dream.

Are you going to show off the DLC as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Something about this game man. It's really good, and the LP is very well done but there's so little thread chatter despite that. Go figure.

It's a game that really speaks for itself. There isn't a ton to discuss once you get past characterizations until you reach certain plot points.

What I liked about it was how straight forward it was, but evoked a lot of feeling through the memories.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Only monsters demand 100% out of JRPGs.

Call me a monster then. :colbert:

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Oh!

Never played them.

Going for 100% will add another three years to this LP, you beast.

Maybe I want it forever*

*Or until I can play this game on my xbone or emulated on PC

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Sgt Thud posted:

So, lesson learned, never say you'll have an update until the videos are actually uploading, lest the universe take offense. Anyway, update time! There's an optional boss, Final Fantasy references, a train with horns, and and old man!

Episode 18: Bolshoy Vidalia - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)

One more dream for you as well. This one was found by speaking to a man in the pleasant mountain town Kaim saved in the past.

The Hero: Transcript

Making fun of Sakaguchi should be punishable by being strapped to a chair and forced to play FFXIII continuously for a week.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
I'm so glad this is back. Thank you.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

For once, I have a genuinely good reason to post in a quiet thread.

It is a behemoth of a download but, if you're interested, Lost Odyssey is free till the 31 on Xbox right now.

It is, however, 16.18GBs of data.

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Lost-Odyssey/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d5307fa

Ha, I was going to post that here as well. So excited for the download to finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
IIRC there was a new dungeon, a couple new stories and some new weapons. It was a small DLC, only cost 5 bucks or something.

• Locked thread