Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

That said, they show VERY little content, and were hesitant to mention that they've changed developers once or twice...
Yeah, it's not going to be good. If they're not showing much it's because they know it's not. :cripes:

Changing devs a couple of times is a bad sign as well. Among other things it means they're not using good studios. It's going to be poo poo and they're very likely to just attempt to cash in and regain as much money as possible because they deem it a better (cheaper) solution than to fix it and make it good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

He spent most of his starting funds to set up the entrance and one thrill ride. And then had to take loans to set up the second ride, a ferris wheel. :psyduck:

Looks pretty good though.

Poil fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Aug 2, 2015

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

evilmiera posted:

I tried playing it again via the GoG version (I used to own the one for SNES), but my parks keep failing spectacularly. I'm not sure why I'm failing exactly.
That takes me back. I never did figure out how to play properly and I still don't. Placing shops and toilets outside the park and people throwing up all over the place, people being flung out of rides for no apparent reason, the advisor being useless and/or confusing, rides exploding and of course the ride cinematics. :)

But I remember that you had to play on medium difficulty or you weren't allowed to research and get a lot of the fancy stuff or bigger buses with more people.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-WvZSZpcDM
Oh my god... Video by the same guy who was linked earlier, his second mega park lp of RCT2. Just look at that massive structure he's putting up. :stare:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

So, to summarize:
-Severe lack of game information
-Switched devs multiple times
-Specialization in mobile games
-Already confirmed day 1 dlc content.

Yeah it's going to be bad. It's only really missing online only and being a uplay exclusive or something.

Whenever someone mentions that they have switched devs for a game I keep remembering having flashbacks to when I played Duke Nukem Forever.

Poil fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Sep 30, 2015

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

njsykora posted:

I have some confidence saying RCTW is going to be better than DNF.

High praise. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

If you want to watch some comparisons between the first three games by a horrible sperg:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZuI2SlzuM4 1 vs 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdzLiH3F6hE 1 vs 3

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I did say horrible sperg. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Orv posted:

E: Oh nevermind, they've disabled money and guests for the test so gently caress that.
That sure sounds promising. :(

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Apparently they didn't think it was necessary to include the options menu. :shepface:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

FoolyCharged posted:

:magical:
Tell me more about this demo designed to not sell the product.
The music is really loud and you can't lower it in game.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Every single one of those sound like things that can be fixed prior to release though. Still, it's probably best you did that and wait until release to see if they actually DID. There's little incentive to pre-order unless there's a discount.
Can, yes. There's always a ton of things that can be fixed before release, but what normally ends up happening is a lot of angry posting about how they weren't fixed. :(

Although obviously the options menu is pretty likely to be in the game at launch.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Whenever someone mentions how a game has had more than one developer I always think of this shining gem of success: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVuuyRGB_BA

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Dante80 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esL8Bm1Ltao

Err..the game does not have a sci-fi theme yet.
Autism is one hell of a drug. Amazing coaster. :stare:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I hope we'll be able to time and launch fireworks into coasters.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

FoolyCharged posted:

At least when they break it's your own fault usually, even if they're deathtraps. The water slides in rct1 are trashgarbage and you should never build them. The tubes will literally clog up and jam the entire coaster for no reason all the time. This won't trigger a breakdown message either so it just leaves angry people stuck on the ride and in queue.
The water slides are much less prone to clogging if you only have one chainlift and it's directly after the station.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The solution is even simpler than that, iron man mode. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

NRVNQSR posted:

I feel like I must be missing something in this conversation. How is having an arbitrary height that you can't place coaster pieces above more realistic?
Here is one reason.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

eight bucks for fries?! :stare:
Welcome to theme park price gauging.

I'm amazed they haven't replaced money with things like sixflagpoints where you buy those points in cash shops and then spend those when buying poo poo. Special offer when using the new app that connects directly to your bank accounts and mortgages your house for your convenience.

Poil fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Nov 6, 2016

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Dante80 posted:

I'm just happy that we can run ye olde amiga 500 Theme Park loop of gouging again. Lots of salt in food leading to large drinks leading to obscenely monetized toilets.. :v:
I have a memory of putting in maximum amount of caffeine into the coffee to make everyone run around at warp speed to maximize the number of rides and shops they went to. Unfortunately they ended up vomiting all over the place for some reason. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Were they reading comments at that point?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

But what about replacing all the visitors with ponies or installing gigs of Hitler mods, such as swastika shaped ferris wheels? :cripes:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Anony Mouse posted:

So Planet Coaster looked awesome and I saw that you can get beta access by preordering it. I went to their website and followed the bighuge "PREORDER NOW FOR BETA" button and bought the game on Steam.

Then I spent about 10 minutes trying to figure out why I couldn't install the beta, only to find out that I apparently bought the wrong version of Planet Coaster. You only get beta access with the "Thrillseeker Edition" which is NOT the link that the bighuge preorder button on their website sends you to. Not the end of the world since I can just get a refund from Steam, but still a pretty annoying waste of time since I have to wait for the refund before I can buy the right edition of the game.

tl;dr their website is 100% misleading for no apparent reason
That is incredible dumb. Why would they do that? :psyduck:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Also the whole idea of quitting is silly. Who wouldn't want to get paid to do nothing?
Just sitting waiting out the clock at work is excruciatingly boring. It's so much better to have something to do. Not stressed and overworked obviously but just sitting around is awful.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Guys! GUYS! RollerCoaster Tycoon World is available TODAY! Right NOW!
:effort:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

This is so freaking good.
Nostalgia Toilets. :allears:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Zamujasa posted:

The music is way, way too easy to get stuck in your head.
Just like a poorly designed coaster.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Can you at least quack ducks? :(

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

TheDK posted:

If I did my math right, that ride is over 10 hours. That is great.
I got the same number, so it might be wrong. :toot:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

Guests complaining about queue times is just pointless bitching, right? It doesn't seem to be mitigated by scenery or real-world tricks like bending the queue back and forth so you look closer to the entrance than you really are. At this point it's just like... yes, the line for that ride is 2 hours long, you're right, that's a very long time to wait for a ride. But that is how many people are in line, what exactly do you want me to do about it?
Shorter queue? :shrug:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Silvarret is at it again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS9pu6wDlsw
I'm never buying this game. :cripes:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

What does a christmas themed park do the rest of the year?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

:stare:

I wonder how many hours that took.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

There already is an old 3d Jurassic Park game where you build a park with dinosaurs but I can't remember the name of it. Not particularly great but it was entertaining for a while.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Yes that was the name. Hopefully this will be better but my cynicism is telling me it's going to be even more limited and have fewer kinds of dinos in it.

The game kept spawning tornadoes which always pathed across some of your stuff and then the game yelled at you for letting your janitors get sucked up and die even though there was no way to prevent it other than to fire them all and rehire them afterwards.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

cubicle gangster posted:

imagine being them
Working at the office in a manic frenzy and a very forced kind of cheerfulness? All alone in the building well into the night hacking away at the keyboard, pulling 20+ hours of free overtime every week, with tears streaming down their face and constantly chanting through the sobs "I am working on Rollercoaster Tycoon at Atari. I am working on Rollercoaster Tycoon at Atari. I am working on Rollercoaster Tycoon at Atari. This is my dream. The game is good. I am working on Rollercoaster Tycoon at Atari."

Until the day it all finally snaps and breaks inside and they stumble out through the door with dead eyes. The screeching car tires. The sirens. The empty desk with the half drained mug with the hand painted "I <3 RCT" logo on it while around it the office continues on as usual. Laughter. A phone rings. Fade to black like the shattered dreams and hope that trickles into the cold void.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

:stare:

Yes...

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'm a horrible person because this was my first thought: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxqCGTkV5wg

Also :roflolmao: but I really hope no one is tricked into giving them money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Slightly off topic, but only place where people will appreciate this thrift store find... Never even realized RCT was big enough to warrant Hasbro to make a board game out of it...

Oooh, how does it play? Do you get little pieces/cards to assemble rollercoasters with?