Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Thanks to this thread I am hooked on RCT again, especially making giant buildings in 3.

Question though: Does anybody have/know where I can get a sandbox map for RCT3 (+expansions) that already had some work done on the terrain. Like a blank slate map that isn't a flat green void.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Poil posted:

If you want to watch some comparisons between the first three games by a horrible sperg:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZuI2SlzuM4 1 vs 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdzLiH3F6hE 1 vs 3
I started the 1vs3 one, got past the RCT1 summary and then he started about the commercials and I know I hated him.
The world isn't out to get you and make RCT xXxHardc0r3xXx you :spergin: idiot.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

This is impressive as hell, even outside of the tycoon game aspect of it. A ride like this would never get made for real but this guy/girl is legit talented wrt setpiece design.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Silverett has hinted he was contracted to design and build campaign maps by the parkitect devs.
Good for him, and also good news for us I reckon.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

It's basically the most efficient coaster design in RCT1 (2/3) possible considering initial investment and footprint.

Add in Synchronized start, making them intersect and scenery for extra bonusses. :getin:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I AM THE MOON posted:

corkscrew, 2 piece station, 1 half corkscrew, launch on the slowest speed

You meant like this? Cause thats a solid ride yeah.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Oh you Meant "Corkscrew" as in the ride type, not the element. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

So how do you make some serious :10bux::10bux: in this game?
So far I can beat/gold the scenario's quite easily (about 1/3 in so no surprise ofc) but It's always a really slow drizzle, so I cheap out on staff and my guests complain even more. :v:

Zedd fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Dec 5, 2018

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

When you really want to get off Mr Bone's Wild Ride:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFVm5R_dxoo

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Corkshehh:effort: is an amazing design and it turned out I out too much thought into it. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Roadie posted:

I don't understand why this is a separate game and not an expansion pack.

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Wild has your fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Taeke posted:

That's the one I was remembering, yeah.

God, I just can't watch Marcel's videos. Like, his videos are fine and I like what he does and all that and his English is really solid, except for that accent. As a fellow Dutch person that used to teach some English and studied English and phonology and stuff at uni, it's just grating to hear his incredibly thick Dutch accent permeate every. single. word. I'm very much aware that that's totally on me though, because like I said aside from his pronunciation there's no complaints. A shame because I know I'm missing great content.

I'm Dutch as well and his accent gets under my skin as well, he deffo knows what is up and can't help it but JFC even I get annoyed by how thick it is.