Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

It's hilarious having ride addicted peeps who are going broke, tired and occasionally ill rush to rejoin the queue for your ride.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Is there a way to "zoom in" even further in Open RCT as you kind of go a bit blind.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Smoremaster posted:

I think the only way is to lower your resolution.
:negative:
The last time i ran classic RCT was with some DirectDraw hack which I then ran through a VM so I could get a bastard version of windowed mode but locked in at 800x600, independent of my desktop resolution and still be scaleable.

By that I mean the game was set to full screen in the VM, but the DirectDraw hack would allow it to be a bit more flexible with obscure resolutions formed from resizing the VM's window.
It also meant I could let the game tick away in the background.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Is that a corkscrew on a loop? I dub thee "Chunder-Coaster".

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

I'm having fun making stupid things.

I'm being an utter child in this game.

BogDew fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Nov 22, 2016

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

TheDK posted:

These are both great, are they on the workshop? Subscribing to stuff is so easy, I'll add em.
Is there a how to guide for this?

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Are there any good tutorial videos on getting coaster basics down pat? I'm starting off on The Great Tree and am trying to get something made that meets the challenge.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Is it me, or are a few custom coasters from the Steam workshops not adding into the game? Specifically the ones that have been made to cheat the achievements?

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

None of the career parks have ticket prices set at the start, so get that going, but don't go overboard or peeps can't afford rides. $5 - $8 usually works.

Other things like toilets, ATMs and first aids are also free when built, so i throw on a 50 cents admission which works nicely with strategic placements, such as outside intense rides.

Popular rides can be gouged up a bit with help from priority queues as info booths sell tickets for them. Tweaking the load times helps push peeps though the rides faster.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

TheDK posted:

In my experience, this does not work for janitors. I'll set a shift, put them o it, and they'll still walk all over the park. I've just resigned to keeping an eye on them and manually moving them.
Did you go into the Janitor's profile and pick the shift he has to walk? I kept on making shifts before realising that they didn't actually apply instantly to the guy i had selected.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Anyone have any tips for the final Space campaign with the shops?

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

I'm sure it'll be the first in a long line of new hats for old coasters!
The Munsters one is tempting for the bats and green mist effects. But yeah from what I can see they are karts only with the scenery addons being car based set pieces or a few bonus effects.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

This was pretty amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VznQNWpYvAc

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Wasn't Chris Sawyer's method repeatedly riding coasters till he was sick?

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

DLC that adds feathers. Be amazing if they have a DNA mixer to create outlandish Dino's.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

I kinda hope there is some DLC crossover with Planet Coaster. Throw us the gates, a t-rex and dinos animatronic and make a tracked ride with the jeeps. Hell it'd work as a nice cross promo.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

Hopefully this game won't have as much cut content
They're called DLCs now. :v:

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Wish they did a better job telling you where new things are. Took me a while to find out the new rides were tracked.

Had to watch a Geekisim breakdown video to see what was added.

There's also friction controls that can be turned off. And i notice security can be disabled.

Oh and the Frontier forums are royally pissed about DLCs. They compare it to the season pack that was free.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Someone noted a glitch where tracked rides have changeable carts. It appears to be a feature in the works which they're announcing at Expo Con on October 7th.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

RCT Classic on steam is a bit of a head scratcher. I suppose Atari needs to claw back some cash from the failure of RCT World; which nearly a year on appears to have completely dropped off the devs radar with no updates since May.

I guess if you had no idea about OpenRCT2 you'd buy Classic. However it also appears to not be compatible with existing RCT assets so you can't bring in custom rides from the other games.

Better value to buy both the packs off GOG and load into Open.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

cubicle gangster posted:

A come true. I dont just get to make a game like it, I get to work on the real thing'.

imagine being them
And then working on RCTW and crushing your own dream in the process.

BogDew fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 21, 2017

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

I kind of wish the packs did add a few more example rides. There is one for the river boat, which curiously can't be tested only opened or closed.
With the mine cart coaster you have to hunt around for as typing in "gold mine" brings up nothing as it's really called "swinging mine train".

Be cool if they released that park shown in the trailer as a bit of a in-game showcase that you can pick apart.

But it's awesome having swinging boulders and stuff to put into rides.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Oh right. Well I guess to test out triggers and so on. Turns out that when opened a boat will still go around empty so that's a sort of work around.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

WhiteHowler posted:

If you're more interested in the park management game aspect, RCT3 probably still does this better. PC still hasn't nailed down a good balance between staff needs, crime, income, etc.
And shuttle modes on transports! Granted in it's current state it will look silly as they'd have to change locomotives to have a train facing both ways.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Real trains, even steam locomotives, can drive backwards :v:
Well...yes... *gets more coffee*.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Well only the monorail and trams had shuttle modes in RCT3.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

I thought you could import RCT parks into OpenRCT already?

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

The Jurassic Park one. People are noting it's a slog with no fast forward option and lots of micromanaging escapes.
Plus the sandbox is gated behind the singleplayer campaign.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

The fortune telling machine is a money spinner. Finally completed Shops and Drops.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

You can pick them in the filters.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

I can't really put my finger on why management feels clunky...poor feedback I think?

Or less insane security setups that don't spam you with messages. With no decent ingame tutes you have to guess the mechanics.

I recall RCT3 had heatmaps that allowed for a better overview of weak points without trying to deduce where the rubbish was too much.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

There are a few sleepy Hollow based places you could gut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RQGa0DPwes0
:staredog: