Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I mean, it's not like it'd be hard to get the original voice actors back, y'know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Yes! Yes!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLYzCyFEqT4

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
you know what that means?

MAKEOVER

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Cause it wasn't very good?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Nooner posted:

Cause it wasn't very good?

No, that's not right...

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
no idea what this is, op

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Because most of its fans are probably Canadian and that's not much of a draw.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
because lord and miller are making WAY more bank working in hollywood and you will never, ever again see their gilded asses in the ghetto of television and certainly not anywhere near the sub-ghetto of Netflix-Hulu land

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

a messed up horse posted:

no idea what this is, op

It's a show that was on MTV in the past. It's a parody of high school dramas, about a high school full of clones of famous people. It was cancelled after the nation of India got really mad about an episode where teenage Ghandi drank too many sports drinks, turned blue, became obese and died.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

boom boom boom posted:

It's a show that was on MTV in the past. It's a parody of high school dramas, about a high school full of clones of famous people. It was cancelled after the nation of India got really mad about an episode where teenage Ghandi drank too many sports drinks, turned blue, became obese and died.

oh was this the one that had JFK as a teen? i think i saw my roommate watching that once

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

clone WHY, op?

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
go ahead - google clone high fanart

do it

loving do it

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

a messed up horse posted:

oh was this the one that had JFK as a teen? i think i saw my roommate watching that once

Yeah, JFK was the dumb jock dating the hottest girl in school, Cleopatra.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
A p. funny show that did not live up to its potential, OP.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
In other words yes it needs a reboot. Maybe bring in Lauren Faust? I hear she does a good job rebooting cartoons.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
let clone high be a single season of a television cartoon that was cancelled

just leave it at that

you can watch it

and you can like it

and you can even discuss it, i guess, in whatever limited fashion such discussion merits

but after that

let it go

loving let it go, and do another thing

do something else

it's just a loving cartoon

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
even a cartoon that was cancelled before it should have been doesn't need to be rebooted. stop rebooting everything

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

David Copperfield posted:

even a cartoon that was cancelled before it should have been doesn't need to be rebooted. stop rebooting everything

If they're gonna reboot something, it's better that they reboot actually good things, instead of like, Transformers and the Star Wars prequels.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

boom boom boom posted:

If they're gonna reboot something, it's better that they reboot actually good things, instead of like, Transformers and the Star Wars prequels.

no you're not loving reading what he posted he posted STOP REBOOTING THINGS

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

cram me sideways posted:

no you're not loving reading what he posted he posted STOP REBOOTING THINGS

But they aren't gonna do that.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
die believing in the right thing

die on the right side of history

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
There have been plenty of good remakes, some which were even superior to the original

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
legit upset that harrison ford didn't die in his plane crash last year so that nerds would have been robbed of seeing him and chewie make out in the next big absolutely necessary star wars movie

they'd have to do some gross-rear end computer person thing like they did with the guy who played dumbledork in harry potter when he died

or probably just make him a complete voice over role like "OH WOW HEY THERE LUKE SKYWALKER'S SON THIS IS HARRISON SOLO AND WHOAAAAAAAA JUST BLEW UP A TIE FIGHTER THERE ANYWAYS BELIEVE IN THE FORCE YOUR POPPA KNOWS WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT OKAY BYE" and then gets hit by a spacerock or some poo poo

really, please - just make the force awakens a two hour QVC special selling toys and dolls and replicas for hundreds of dollars apeice and let nerds buy them on their smartphones in the theatre with megajumbo buckets of buttery corn wedged between their pimply thighs

i mean, why bother with the movie at all? who are you fooling?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Are you OK?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
When is Reboot getting a reboot?

It was a good show but fuckin' wow, that early 3d stuff did not age well.

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

There are rumors of a movie, op.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
was just thinking about this yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoUaJFH252w

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Mission Hill is a far superior one season toon cancelled before its time.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

a very layered analysis of how the west nearly corrupted Ghandi's soul

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I sort of like that it was cancelled because it stayed beautiful, never corrupted

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

they killed all the clones at the end

think about it

no way they can bring the clones :(

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

notZaar posted:

it's a real shame because the creators had this big long-term plan where they wanted their characters to age as the seasons went on. What could have been.

Still we got 13 great episodes and there are some scripts/animatics of unfinished episodes floating around out there

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hrM2biD7g4

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Don't worry, it had a clever premise so eventually someone not involved in the original show and generally disliked will steal that premise for a big budget live action movie.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

cram me sideways posted:

because lord and miller are making WAY more bank working in hollywood and you will never, ever again see their gilded asses in the ghetto of television and certainly not anywhere near the sub-ghetto of Netflix-Hulu land

This. They're still making the same jokes as in Clone High, just now they're making them in the Jump Street and Lego movies.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

notZaar posted:

As much as I like Clone High this is absolutely the correct opinion. Mission Hill owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFkafZZOqEQ

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
because no one cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

boom boom boom posted:

It was cancelled after the nation of India got really mad about an episode where teenage Ghandi drank too many sports drinks, turned blue, became obese and died.

lmao is this true?

mission hill also owned both shows had p satisfying endings though so :shrug:

• Locked thread