Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

symbolic posted:

millennial here, everything sucks. the degree i'm going for is probably worthless since everything is either STEM-based or a trade at this point. i dunno, maybe i'll learn how to be a plumber.

plumbers can make a lot of money if you dont mind getting your hands dirty - oh wait, youre a millennial :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

homeless poster posted:

i thought kids were supposed to be wizards with technology and make us olds all look dumb.

Fresh grads and olds are the worst at computers in the workplace in my experience.

Young can use facebook or whatever but are totally retarded otherwise.

"I've never used outlook before it's not like gmail i don't know how to use it." How did you get hired to work here.

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...

Nuclearmonkee posted:

How did you get hired to work here.

probably because it takes like 2 minutes to learn outlook so it doesn't actually matter

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Carwash posted:

probably because it takes like 2 minutes to learn outlook so it doesn't actually matter

i once had a filthy shitsucking millennial ask me if i had any books or training videos on outlook, so...

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Dr. Carwash posted:

this is true for people who use their thinkmeats instead of looking at a new thing and giving up instantly.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
My job's IT keeps trying to recruit me because I'm the only one who can troubleshoot equipment failures and get poo poo halfway running before IT even looks at the ticket.

It's always a driver issue or a HD failure. Most of IT doesn't even know what a driver is aside from the person in a car that makes it go. They are all olds except for the person running it who is a frustrated milennial who can't get rid of the olds or find new talent.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

dad gay. so what posted:

plumbers can make a lot of money if you dont mind getting your hands dirty - oh wait, youre a millennial :smug:

OTOH baby boomers currently running things don't want to pay plumbers anyone more than minimum wage for anything so...

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
taints reaped everywhere around me

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
IT sucks, get out now before its too late

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

dad gay. so what posted:

i once had a filthy shitsucking millennial ask me if i had any books or training videos on outlook, so...

liar everyone knwos millienials don't read books or manuals anymore--they just watch youtube videos on things

u can give them a book and they'll ask 'huh what do i do with this how do i turn it on'

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Zzulu posted:

its too late i dont know how to do anything else that pays real money

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Nuclearmonkee posted:

instead of looking at a new thing and giving up instantly.

that's the most bewildering thing to me. it's like they're even afraid to try something on their own and maybe they get it wrong or maybe it works just fine. the fear of what if it doesn't work doesn't even seem like a threatening barrier to entry for something like sending an email, but idk i'm a filthy old now

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Slippery Tilde

lol grampa

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Nuclearmonkee posted:

its too late i dont know how to do anything else that pays real money

RIP

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

dad gay. so what posted:

honestly if i have to, i'll get my hands dirty if it means i can make a living for myself

i also hate being grouped with the "MY DADDY CAN PAY FOR MY BILLS" generation. sure my parents are well off, but i refuse to mooch off them and i want to find a job ASAP once i'm done with college. mooching off your parents when you are able to work is pathetic.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Avalanche posted:

My job's IT keeps trying to recruit me because I'm the only one who can troubleshoot equipment failures and get poo poo halfway running before IT even looks at the ticket.

It's always a driver issue or a HD failure. Most of IT doesn't even know what a driver is aside from the person in a car that makes it go. They are all olds except for the person running it who is a frustrated milennial who can't get rid of the olds or find new talent.

lol ur below a computer janitor. Go mills!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

symbolic posted:

honestly if i have to, i'll get my hands dirty if it means i can make a living for myself

i also hate being grouped with the "MY DADDY CAN PAY FOR MY BILLS" generation. sure my parents are well off, but i refuse to mooch off them and i want to find a job ASAP once i'm done with college. mooching off your parents when you are able to work is pathetic.

So who do u mooch from today?

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

symbolic posted:

in my experience (including myself) people who are mad about their peers being able to have their parents pay for their every whim are actually a little jealous that their own family can't / won't give them the same option. sure, i try to wear the fact that i've worked a ton of lovely jobs like a badge of personal pride, because my folks couldn't afford to pay their own bills, let alone mine, but if you think i wouldn't have preferred to live a life of idle luxury where my rich parents just pay for everything, you're out of your mind

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Darth123123 posted:

So who do u mooch from today?

The state.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

homeless poster posted:

in my experience (including myself) people who are mad about their peers being able to have their parents pay for their every whim are actually a little jealous that their own family can't / won't give them the same option. sure, i try to wear the fact that i've worked a ton of lovely jobs like a badge of personal pride, because my folks couldn't afford to pay their own bills, let alone mine, but if you think i wouldn't have preferred to live a life of idle luxury where my rich parents just pay for everything, you're out of your mind
it's not even that, my parents would pay for whatever i asked them to if i wanted to. i just don't want to seem like a sad and pathetic manchild at the age of 28 in my parent's house.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I want to kill a millenial for internet cred, is this a good idea?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

texaholic posted:

I want to kill a millenial for internet cred, is this a good idea?

Are you a cop and which millenial

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

symbolic posted:

how much of your tuition is paid for by your parents? room and board?

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

son gay. so what posted:

P.S. I'm calling bull poo poo on the outlook thing lol also what poo poo company still uses outlook?

Lol

Millenials think that their $3000 steam rig is normal.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

son gay. so what posted:

P.S. I'm calling bull poo poo on the outlook thing lol also what poo poo company still uses outlook?

We use it as a DATABASE SYSTEM via endless sprawling inboxes and attachments. :psypop:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Zzulu posted:

I got out before the inevitable murder/death/suicide from the soul crushing boredom

will now be working with animals instead, animals are nice :3:

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
what exactly has happened in this thread to rate it 2/5 ? cause the thread title alone cant account for that

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Geoj posted:

OTOH baby boomers currently running things don't want to pay plumbers anyone more than minimum wage for anything so...

not always true. they think plumbers are worth $10 an hour but they'll gladly pay the dude down at the speed shop $375 an hour plus marked-up parts price to replace the radiator in their 67 Firebird cause what the gently caress did you think they were gonna leave barrett-jackson empty handed

Sperghetti
Apr 21, 2010

dad gay. so what posted:

I'm a millenial who made 120k last year welding long cylindrical shapes together so blow it out your rear end gramps, you bunk bitch

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

millenials are just as gay and retarded as the generations that preceeded them and the ones after you stupid shits

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

cram me sideways posted:

*beep*

Dad: u see this cashier, daughter?

*beep*

Dad: she workin here because she is dumb and also on drugs

*beep*

Dad: massive piece of poo poo, she is

*beep*

Dad: don't try to have her job, ever, for whatever reason

*beep*

Dad: u are SO much better than that, my little buttercup okay? be a banker, magically

Cashier: your total is greater than two of my paychecks together

Dad: YES THANK YOU KIND MORLOCK; PLEASE ACCEPT THIS AMEX CARD AND DO NOT EAT MY HAND FOR SUSTENANCE

this brought a tear to my eye

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

a messed up horse posted:

taints reaped everywhere around me

MY REAP IS NOW TAINTED THANKS GBS

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
i actually have a job but my (non-millennial) managers don't know what to make me do so I sit around doing nothing all day

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

cram me sideways posted:

Fox News: ur kid's a piece of poo poo

even a broke watch is right twice a day

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

in my corporate experience millenials and olds are equally incompetent, and the olds are ironically more left wing because their souls have been crushed for longer

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

Steak posted:

i work second shift at the dick sucking factoryh

are you allowed to swallow or is that stealing from your job tia?

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

son gay. so what posted:

only over 90% of corporations still use ms office. it is poo poo though and i wish we could get rid of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

a messed up horse posted:

millennials have committed the sins of sloth and gluttony. millennials are depraved and degenerate. millennials are loving and sucking each other and you can watch it on the computer probably

i did an made semen to it. take that millennials

• Locked thread