Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which car is the coolest and sexiest?
PT Cruiser
Kia Soul
Nissan Cube
Scion xB
Honda Element
Literally any other car
View Results

• Locked thread
TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

zakharov posted:

I don't have a car because I take public transit everywhere

Same, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Applewhite posted:

Legit street raced a guy in a black Trans-Am just like the picture. This was back when I had my Challenger SRT8. Kicked his rear end, lol.

nice. idiot thought he could take an SRT in one of those pontiac poo poo heaps. i wouldve loved to see that.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
I have a 2005 mustang :D

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I test drove an Alfa Romeo 4C this weekend and it was awesome, reminded me of the Lotus Elise but seemed way sturdier

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
those old trans ams had Pontiac 400 engines that sucked balls and probably made 160hp at the wheels when they were brand new, and you couldn't really make them any faster because the Pontiac heads have garbage valvetrains.

Yet another GM car that would have been a million times cooler if they had just stuck an SBC in it from day one.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
my car is the doof wagon

i wish

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

literally came here to post this :argh:

group b expectation:

group b reality:

hackbunny fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Aug 24, 2015

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 18 days!)

behold, the deltawing

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

I test drove an Alfa Romeo 4C this weekend and it was awesome, reminded me of the Lotus Elise but seemed way sturdier

I really like this car, but I hate paddle shifters.

I know dcts can shift way faster than I can, but the driving experience just isn't the same without a clutch pedal and shifter

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Everything in this poll except the PT is good, OP. Especially the Element.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Kia Optima Hybrid is unironically the best car.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC86yQAzaxg

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

City of Tampa posted:

those old trans ams had Pontiac 400 engines that sucked balls and probably made 160hp at the wheels when they were brand new, and you couldn't really make them any faster because the Pontiac heads have garbage valvetrains.

Yet another GM car that would have been a million times cooler if they had just stuck an SBC in it from day one.

Actually, the most common Burt Reynolds-era Trans Am motor was the Olds 403 which they started putting in the T/A in '77 because it had better low-end torque and cleaner emissions than the 400 Poncho engine. Both motors put out ~180hp, disgraceful, but typical of the era.

The Olds motor was, in fact, an utter piece of poo poo with an extra-weak bottom end and terribly low compression. It was a weird hermaphrodite engine that used some small-block and some big-block parts, and can't really be hot-rodded at all. You might be thinking of that engine's valve train, it's an archaic cast-rocker-and-shaft design.

The Pontiac engine, like all late-70's American V-8's, ran horribly as well, but was a better design and could run pretty well with mods. The valve train is almost exactly the same as the SBC, with lightweight stamped rockers, but it was harder to pass smog regulations with it, so GM phased it out in '78.

The worst problem with that era of T/A was the ultra-tall rear end gears; they're all 2:56 or 2:41 with the automatic transmission and that really hurt the acceleration. The four-speed versions were hard to find and weren't sold at all in Californa, but did come with the better Pontiac 400.

Also, the Chevy small-block of that era was even worse, the Z-28 Camaro of the same year was significantly slower and made less power, mostly because it was 50 cubes down on displacement.

TL/DR: everything GM from '75 - '85 was total poo poo in every way.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

JnnyThndrs posted:

Actually, the most common Burt Reynolds-era Trans Am motor was the Olds 403 which they started putting in the T/A in '77 because it had better low-end torque and cleaner emissions than the 400 Poncho engine. Both motors put out ~180hp, disgraceful, but typical of the era.

The Olds motor was, in fact, an utter piece of poo poo with an extra-weak bottom end and terribly low compression. It was a weird hermaphrodite engine that used some small-block and some big-block parts, and can't really be hot-rodded at all. You might be thinking of that engine's valve train, it's an archaic cast-rocker-and-shaft design.

The Pontiac engine, like all late-70's American V-8's, ran horribly as well, but was a better design and could run pretty well with mods. The valve train is almost exactly the same as the SBC, with lightweight stamped rockers, but it was harder to pass smog regulations with it, so GM phased it out in '78.

The worst problem with that era of T/A was the ultra-tall rear end gears; they're all 2:56 or 2:41 with the automatic transmission and that really hurt the acceleration. The four-speed versions were hard to find and weren't sold at all in Californa, but did come with the better Pontiac 400.

Also, the Chevy small-block of that era was even worse, the Z-28 Camaro of the same year was significantly slower and made less power, mostly because it was 50 cubes down on displacement.

TL/DR: everything GM from '75 - '85 was total poo poo in every way.

The olds motor is what I was thinking of, every one of those cars that I have encountered has been that lovely weird engine/automatic combination. At least an SBC would be something you could work with later on, even if it was hobbled in stock form. I never liked the way Z28s look but that style Trans Am has aged pretty well imho.

My first car was an '87 Monte Carlo SS with the 305, and I was always pissed that it didn't have a real SBC in it. I got rid of it before I was in a position to swap to something cooler and I wish I still had it now because it was really clean.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Thanks to the got drat pc police, :rip: General Lee

??????????

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
lmao if you don't think the lancia 037 is one of the sexiest cars ever

:flashfap:

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
also some of my favorites, production and non-production

ferrari f2004

porsche 919 hybrid prototype

lamborghini diablo gt

mclaren f1 gtr

audi r18 e-tron quattro prototype

ferrari f50

lamborghini veneno

renault r25

ford gt40 (gulf livery :fap:)

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

reddit liker posted:

also some of my favorites, production and non-production

the fagbug

pink smart car (must have cute dudes standing in front of or riding in it)

the bukkake bugatti

pink leopard mini cooper

0haiThere
Feb 18, 2015

Looks like you're in the barrel today.

Modern Astons suck imo

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Nothing quite like the Peel P50.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but is this a Sports edition?

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

I drive this stupid thing everywhere.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I don't understand car fashion and actually considered getting 3/5 of the cars in the OP, but I ended up buying a Scion XD. Are those considered cooler/less cool than the boxier XB? What judgments are people making about me purely based on what I drive? Please use an analogy relating to computers/game consoles if you can.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Rollersnake posted:

I don't understand car fashion and actually considered getting 3/5 of the cars in the OP, but I ended up buying a Scion XD. Are those considered cooler/less cool than the boxier XB? What judgments are people making about me purely based on what I drive? Please use an analogy relating to computers/game consoles if you can.

That you're a young millenial that buys ugly cars to "make a statement". Like you're going and buying an Alienware in 2005 just for the case even though there are far less gaudy and more functional models in the same shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Jastiger posted:

That you're a young millenial that buys ugly cars to "make a statement". Like you're going and buying an Alienware in 2005 just for the case even though there are far less gaudy and more functional models in the same shop.

Hm. I see. I guess I should've gone with the Nissan Versa Note after all.

• Locked thread