Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Blazing Ownager posted:

"I was scared so shitless I forgot I was the maps guy, let me think a hissing venom-spitting looks friendly and in need of a pet. Oh and it's alien life."

I think he's the rocks guy, dude, not the maps guy. He bought map-bots at toys-r-us, doesn't mean he has a sense of direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
Prometheus fell short of my expectations but I'm not, like, pissed off about it or anything.

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!
no thanks mr. penis

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
In the movie Logan's Run, why did the computer explode when it was fed an answer it didn't expect?

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

opinions aside black bones is maybe the worst poster ever and im excited to see him roll with some punches or say somebody is a nerd and be all aloof but I hope he dies

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

im not reading the thread but prometheus is a pretty good fun movie but i can see why some people dont like it. thanks.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

there is a half-hour long youtube movie where some people talk about plot holes and explanations and they do a pretty good job.

prometheus was okay. 3rd best in aliens franchise. maybe 4th best because the prison one was okay too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpEx7pdp2-Q

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

Prometheus fell short of my expectations but I'm not, like, pissed off about it or anything.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Applewhite posted:

In the movie Logan's Run, why did the computer explode when it was fed an answer it didn't expect?
Badly programmed, I guess.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

hemale in pain posted:

im not reading the thread but prometheus is a pretty good fun movie but i can see why some people dont like it. thanks.

gently caress YOU!

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

cool unfunny poo poo dude

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
SuperMechgayzilla more like

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Did Prometheus prevent you from calling ur kids?

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

steinrokkan posted:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Its a conundrum

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I just checked

prometheis still a bad movie liked by bad people

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
so like

what should happen in the sequel

lol

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Maldoror posted:

so like

lol

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Moola posted:

I just checked

prometheis still a bad movie liked by bad people

I thought it was ok, and it's true I'm bad to the bone

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

steinrokkan posted:

I see my kids every weekend and I hope to see them more. This joke sucks and its old.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
GGAS THIS poo poo HEAT AND gently caress MY rear end

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
IF YOU MAKE A PROMETHEUS THREAD IN GBS

LOOK WHAT poo poo HEELS IT ATTRACTS

:siren: DO NOT MAKE PROMETHEUS THREADS IN GBS! :siren:

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

moose face posted:

I see my kids every weekend and I hope to see them more. This joke sucks and its old.

lol yes that old "joke" where you're a garbage human being, really getting played these days, just doesn't make me rofl like it used to

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Maldoror posted:

so like

lol

Remember in Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem, when an alien got born from a Predator so it was part Predator? Imagine if that happened again, but this time, instead of a Predator getting impregnated by a normal facehugger, it was a queen facehugger, like the one in Alien 3. So you'd have a Queen Alien that was like, 25 feet tall and all muscular, and it could like, leap around and use weapons and stuff.

And Noomi Rapace would have to fight it in a special power-loader that was, I dunno made for space construction or something, so it had a jetpack and could fire grappling hooks, and instead of a little fire shooty thing it had a plasma chainsaw.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Gatekeeper posted:

lol yes that old "joke" where you're a garbage human being, really getting played these days, just doesn't make me rofl like it used to

Wait, what's up with the dude and his kids?

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

boom boom boom posted:

Wait, what's up with the dude and his kids?

iirc his wife had to come register an account here and beg him to stop posting about drinking and return his kids' phone calls

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

realtalk though bud: why would you rereg that same account? you would have made a new one or changed your username or something if posting here is that important to you but you didn't want people making jokes about that time your wife registered just to call you out for being an abusive drunk who neglects your kids. its really weird honestly :/

its cool that you're not ignoring your kids anymore though, being a good dad is cool and the lil rugrats will be grateful. gj bud

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Moola posted:

IF YOU MAKE A PROMETHEUS THREAD IN GBS

LOOK WHAT poo poo HEELS IT ATTRACTS

:siren: DO NOT MAKE PROMETHEUS THREADS IN GBS! :siren:

this is all your fault folks

3 posts in a prometheus thread summons SMG, like some Zizek-masturbating Bloody Mary

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

did zizek ever talk about prometheus or the alien movies? i'd prefer audio/video but text is ok, i can imagine the snorts and gurgles myself

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

ElectricSheep posted:

3 posts in a prometheus thread summons SMG

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Gatekeeper posted:

realtalk though bud: why would you rereg that same account? you would have made a new one or changed your username or something if posting here is that important to you but you didn't want people making jokes about that time your wife registered just to call you out for being an abusive drunk who neglects your kids. its really weird honestly :/

its cool that you're not ignoring your kids anymore though, being a good dad is cool and the lil rugrats will be grateful. gj bud
I never ignored them. She withheld them from me and I'm paying fifty grand to father them properly. I'm not rereging.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

moose face posted:

I never ignored them. She withheld them from me and I'm paying fifty grand to father them properly. I'm not rereging.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Rereging in fatherhood.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

moose face posted:

I'm glad you're paying your child support.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Rereging in fatherhood.

and we come full circle back to prometheus. this has been a very cool thread. 5'd and bookmarked

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Prometheus could have learned a thing or two from Forbidden Planet.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

david... posted:

opinions aside black bones is maybe the worst poster ever and im excited to see him roll with some punches or say somebody is a nerd and be all aloof but I hope he dies

Good morning, nerd. I'm hardly aloof, I am in love with the movie Prometheus and we are gonna get gay married now. Check out ALL-PRO SEXMAN's posts to see someone rolling with the punches (more like . . SEMI-PRO ahahahahaa!!)

And know this: i will never die

Moola posted:

its ok to like bad films

but pretending bad films are good, is bad

dont be bad, be good. and cool

If we were talkin, say Alien Resurrection, then I might agree with this. Also lol at the nerd-paranoia; "other ppl are just pretending to disagree"

vortmax posted:

Prometheus could have learned a thing or two from Forbidden Planet.

:ssh: it did. It's not like he's posting random shots from movies that have no relationship to Prometheus - it's a lineage

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Gatekeeper posted:

did zizek ever talk about prometheus or the alien movies? i'd prefer audio/video but text is ok, i can imagine the snorts and gurgles myself

Have you ever seen Zizek and SMG in the same room together? Really makes u think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

there is a half-hour long youtube movie where some people talk about plot holes and explanations and they do a pretty good job.

prometheus was okay. 3rd best in aliens franchise. maybe 4th best because the prison one was okay too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpEx7pdp2-Q

I don't think I've ever wanted to punch a film student before so thanks for the new experience.

• Locked thread