Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

toggle posted:

remember when the scientist took his helmet off in the alien spaceship on an alien planet? "i can breathe in here" he said.

that moment was when the movie became good to great. it became a classic of cinema and a game changer in the sci fi genre. great writing, great directing. fantastic movie. one to be talked about for years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

naem posted:

Prometheus was visually stunning and meant to be a dumb action space movie and good

Yep

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
A lot of people are getting mad at this extremely high-quality Jason X remake.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
I'm really confused about why he died after smoking weed in this slasher movie.

I think Damian Lindeloff is hiding secret information from me, that would explain this complex plot.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Tujague posted:

Prometheus is just one of those movies that causes tragically un-self-aware pseudointellectual pieces of human garbage to identify themselves at the top of their lungs. It does it better than, say, Inception, that old Zippy the Pinhead Clown comic strip or Frank Zappa music. There's just something about it that stimulates fat dopes who have been surfing an ego wave since they banged out a good score on a standardized test in middle school. I couldn't make the point any more clear than this thread already is. Never fails.

It's just Critters with a larger budget, and Critters is good.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Alien ripoffs are good. Watch Contamination or something ya big baby.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Maldoror posted:

so like

what should happen in the sequel

lol

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

ElectricSheep posted:

3 posts in a prometheus thread summons SMG

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Happy Bear Suit posted:

huh turns out prometheus is good, all I had to do was watch this 30-minute youtube companion video and read 20 pages of fan exposition on the internet for the movie to make sense

Same, except I understood it immediately. without those things.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Former Human posted:

Looks like SMG really wants to make his presence in a Prometheus thread but knows better than to post his typical poo poo outside of CineD. I guess constantly posting tangentially related gifs is some kind of substitute.

Someone with archives should dig up that CD thread. Or not. Good lord, the mountain of turbonerd bullshit surpassed Mt. Everest at record speed.

Here's a gif from a movie almost as good as Prometheus:

Could you elaborate on this?

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
People seem terrified over whether they're 'becoming intelligent' by wearing the right clothes & watching the right movies.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Your gimmick disappeared up its own rear end years ago in some kind of quantum irony singularity and now everybody just looks at you and shakes their heads in pity like the paralyzed dude selling pencils on the sidewalk.

You're mixing your metaphors. Am I homeless, or am I a spaceman?

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

ElGroucho posted:

You are a garbage person

It's much worse than that; I do not actually exist.

Moon Atari posted:

No joke, at first I really hated Prometheus, to the point where hearing people praise it made me like irrationally and impotently angry, but throughout the course of this thread I have come to peace with it and maybe even to like it a little. It's like the perfect movie to talk about online: a mess of vague but clearly attempted symbolism, with good and bad elements. You can argue forever about any interpretation and you could probably convince some people and make others really mad. It's a lot like the bible in that regard, and with a talent like Ridley Scott involved I'm almost certain that was intentionally done to align with and reinforce its religious themes.

This is a healthy attitude.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

oldpainless posted:

No one else helps Shaw but the robot who has no emotions.

I think we've made some deep connections here.

Ya. Internet people are like "how could the map guy get lost?" And then they just immediately make youtube rant videos to just sort of wallow in mock incomprehension.

The map guy gets lost because he didn't check his map, and he didn't check the map because he was busy loving the other dude.

It's another one of those 'deep connections'.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

ElGroucho posted:

So which book explains taking off your helmet on a strange planet without any testing

Star Trek

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

ElGroucho posted:

So which book explains taking off your helmet on a strange planet without any testing

Star Wars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

ElGroucho posted:

War of the Worlds

• Locked thread