Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

lilljonas posted:

Ok I finally watched the movie (on a plane), and here's where it lost me:

The babyface giant gets out of the crashed ships and makes out with the octopussy. But when the Nostromo arrives in Alien, he's found in his lounge chair, where he was when he crashed. What is up with that?

Oh, and they don't see any traces of the first expedition, but let's forget that. How does babyface tellyport after death? you hack movie writer you
It's a completely different ship probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Applewhite posted:

In the movie Logan's Run, why did the computer explode when it was fed an answer it didn't expect?
Badly programmed, I guess.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why did Wayland have to keep his presence on the ship a secret when he both ordered and financed the entire mission? He doesn't have to tell the truth about wanting to become immortal. Just say some bullsiht about how he wants to see his creators before he dies.
No reason he couldn't say he wants to become immortal, for that matter.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

steinrokkan posted:

Shaw and the other guy wouldn't want to field an expedition just to fuel one guy's egomania, I guess. They seem to see the mission from a point of religious fascination and humility.
Sure they would, if the evidence was credible in the first place. Maybe Mr. Moneybags thinks he's going to find immortality there, but that's just his rather baseless hope - the whole origin thing is there regardless, and would continue to carry its motivation.

• Locked thread