Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

lilljonas posted:

Ok I finally watched the movie (on a plane), and here's where it lost me:

The babyface giant gets out of the crashed ships and makes out with the octopussy. But when the Nostromo arrives in Alien, he's found in his lounge chair, where he was when he crashed. What is up with that?

Oh, and they don't see any traces of the first expedition, but let's forget that. How does babyface tellyport after death? you hack movie writer you

E: it bothered me so much that I kind of wished there was a GBS thread for me to consult. Thanks OP for making one! You are a true lady/gentleman.

Alien takes place on Acheron or LV-426, one of three moons orbiting a gas giant planet called Calpamos.

Prometheus takes place on Varda or LV-223, one of the other three moons.

In other words, the "space jockey" engineer in Alien is completely different than the one in Prometheus. The crashed ship in Alien was from some event that was not shown in Prometheus. It may have had something to do with whatever caused the black liquid release outbreak shown on the video hologram records in Prometheus, or perhaps from something else entirely, occurring either before or after the events of Prometheus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
peeps seem to really hate this movie but also really like to talk about it a lot

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
experts are often overconfident and do dumb things because they think hey i'm an expert, this is more true if the expert has never had a serious accident

for example steve irwin

the biologist also thought the geologist was cool and wanted to impress him, he knew the geologist thought he was lame and he wanted to prove his coolness

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
so like

what should happen in the sequel

lol

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

jerkstoresup posted:

lynch was cool as gently caress

but people get old

The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts.

• Locked thread