Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Cradle is a weird as gently caress Ukrainian futuristic adventure game which is a strange mix of sci-fi exploration and very weird lego puzzle solving. The game works somewhat similarly to most first person adventure games where you can pick up objects, manipulate them, accidentally throw them into unreachable corners and then quit in frustration. To quote the official page:

"Cradle is a sci-fi first-person-view quest designed for the player to explore the surrounding world. The story is built around the relations of the protagonist and a mechanical girl who by quirk of fate found themselves amidst the desert. The player’s task is to repair the mechanical body of his companion and solve the mystery of the neglected entertainment park located not far from the yurt together."

It's super pretty:

There's a really weird, somewhat hypersexualized robot girl who lives in your yurt and has no legs:

And then there's an even more bizarre, almost completely outside of the rest of the game puzzle solving mechanic. I cannot adequately describe how surprised I was when I encountered this given the way the rest of the game works:

Overall I think it's best to summarize this as a really strange mix of Myst, Tetris and some strange Ukranian take on STALKER if it wasn't about shooting at all and was focused instead on collecting and cataloging flowers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuiko-Digital
Aug 31, 2007
forever digital!
No love in this thread, so I'll chime in since I finished it. Great game, very immersive, extremely, EXTREMELY detailed world. The ending was weird.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Seemed cool but I found the movement way too slow and stopped some time after the first puzzle to make food.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Same, except I said 'gently caress it' after circling the entire dome thing looking for a hole in the fence.

Searching the entire steppe full of identical trees for that one tree with fruit was an A+ experience as well.

grate deceiver fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Aug 31, 2015

• Locked thread