Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
One time when I was like 12 I went into this sports bar because they had a SF2 cabinet in there where you could yank the joystick panel up and reach down into the machine to jiggle the wire thing that got tripped when people put in a quarter and play for free. A bunch of kids, maybe six or seven of them, who where in my grade in school and whom I was not a fan of came in when I happened to be at zero credits playing against the computer (as Chung Li because I had misclicked -- I usually used Ken). They all tried to beat me but they couldn't, most of them picking Blanka and just sitting there farting out electricity 90% of the time. Eventually the leader guy (Kevin, whose face I had chucked a basketball into in gym in a moment of inspired but not premeditated agression) said "Just let the computer beat him, gently caress." and it did so pretty quickly because I was bad with Chung Li and also the computer cheats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Sheep-Goats posted:

One time when I was like 12 I went into this sports bar because they had a SF2 cabinet in there where you could yank the joystick panel up and reach down into the machine to jiggle the wire thing that got tripped when people put in a quarter and play for free. A bunch of kids, maybe six or seven of them, who where in my grade in school and whom I was not a fan of came in when I happened to be at zero credits playing against the computer (as Chung Li because I had misclicked -- I usually used Ken). They all tried to beat me but they couldn't, most of them picking Blanka and just sitting there farting out electricity 90% of the time. Eventually the leader guy (Kevin, whose face I had chucked a basketball into in gym in a moment of inspired but not premeditated agression) said "Just let the computer beat him, gently caress." and it did so pretty quickly because I was bad with Chung Li and also the computer cheats.

i would loving deifinitely beat you with blanka. you sound like a total bitch

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyGoNWyzEEM

801 Strider. He got 3 perfects at EVO

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Ghost Head posted:

i would loving deifinitely beat you with blanka. you sound like a total bitch

Blanka sucks poo poo you suck poo poo

I will end you

Kevin yelled at his cohorts "Stop picking the loving fur pie!"*

*For those of you who are young teen posters you should know that women used to have hair on their frontbottoms back when Street Fighter was a game that was new in arcades. Weird and sick I know.

raton fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jul 26, 2015

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Archer666 posted:

Hahaha

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Ghost Head posted:

Justin Wong should inspire just as much american patriotism but you guys don't seem to give a gently caress about him. The Fighting game community is kind of weird to me

he's not all that good at sf4 these days

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:
I am

*puts quarter up*

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Scott

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

PR Rog

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Archer666 posted:

eat poo poo, 12 year old

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

the guy with the knife who keeps one hand in his pocker

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

that guy who was a dude but is now a girl

obviously you mean kayopolice, not ricky

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013
I kinda like dee jay. Fei long is fun too. I switch around a lot. I was just talking about this on some stupid slot machine thread , but I would rather gamble on if I would win a street fighter game than play a slot machine.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

both alex and diago are sort of washed up at this point, but they were the best

infiltration is the best now

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
The Asians.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Raul Julia.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

does it really matter the only one who isn't fun to watch play the game is fuudo

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Archer666 posted:

my new favorite player

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
who was the one that beat his gf or whatever.

real life street fighter bitch. Lol.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I was always a big M Bison and Guile fan. Charging chAracters, I know I know

The Bible
May 8, 2010

your fat bitchy whore of a mother

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
defs xsephirothx

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

mike ross seems like a sweetheart

DanAdamKOF
Feb 11, 2007

oh poo poo am I allowed in this thread

edit: Met Mike Ross once in Houston, he was very laid-back, exemplary FGC person.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

most of the fgc people who seem like nice guys are nice guys and the people who seem like huge assholes are huge assholes

this has been my tournament experience over the years

chris g is actually a real cool guy though, he just has real bad people skills. back when wnf was a thing i could go to, i showed up when chris g was in town (before he had moved out) and he was playing ddr for an entire loving hour before the tournament started. he was my first injustice matchup and dude was fuckin exhausted. still destroyed me though.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Darksyde Phil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCvL0Gpbh1M

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhdbOu40vxY

RennZero
Oct 10, 2007

"Get in."
I am pretty good at Street Fighter, I used to play it a lot as a kid and my best character was Ryo. Not to brag or anything but I could probably beat you at Street Fighert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Mike "Mike Ross" Ross.

lol j\k it's Daigo.

Tokido is up there because he is a literal genius with degrees from a top notch university but Daigo's superpower is that he is a completely emotionless robot. Daigo can stay completely cool and think clearly no matter how much pressure there is and almost no one else can do that because the rest of the players have human emotions.

Infiltration is a cool guy who has mastery over a ton of characters and Alex Valle is definitely the most important American player. Valle is probably the oldest guy playing Street Fighter who can still compete. Justin Wong was a great American player but I'm really feeling that his time is at an end.

• Locked thread